U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 11:44 AM

5 posts, read 23,568 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Naples from Fort Lauderdale with my fiance. Just wanted to know if anyone has suggestions of things to do around here. I also wouldn't mind making friends. I want to join a yoga class or something; it would be nice to have someone to go with.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2006, 11:55 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,553,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces12 View Post
I recently moved to Naples from Fort Lauderdale with my fiance. Just wanted to know if anyone has suggestions of things to do around here. I also wouldn't mind making friends. I want to join a yoga class or something; it would be nice to have someone to go with.
I was just in Naples last week, and noticed a dance studio on Vanderbilt Beach Road that advertises many types of exercise and dance - yoga was one of them. Oh dear, I can't recall the name of the place! It's on Vanderbilt west of The Vineyards Community.
Just Google "Yoga + Naples, FL" and you get a terrific list. Also check your PM - I'm sending you a link or two.

Enjoy Naples! Watching the sunset enjoying a bottle of wine at the Vanderbilt beach is one of our favorite things to do in life!

Old 11-13-2006, 02:53 PM

1,943 posts, read 8,155,600 times
I too live in Naples. The only friends I have made here are friends from my work, or my husband's work. There's always 5th Ave you can go walking, go to the pier and either look or fish from the pier, a lot of the community parks have things for you to join up-I suggest you stop by one and grab a community park guide (winter should be coming out in a month, most of hte fall events are going to be closing), and that will list all of the things for you to join at any given park, I have gone on swamp boat rides and fishing off of pontoon boats, minature golfing, bowling...or you can put in a post calling for all Naples residents to get together and meet at a bar for a few drinks

Old 11-13-2006, 05:42 PM

108 posts, read 358,023 times
Quote:

Go to Studio 41, on 41 for the yoga classes, I also want to do that!
Im a Pisces too!

Old 11-13-2006, 05:46 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,595,331 times
Now look you just made a Friend !

Old 11-14-2006, 06:46 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,362,484 times
Default Oh yes! 5th Ave.

Go to 5th Avenue on a Friday or Saturday. The shoppes are great and so are the restaurants. We even drive through the neighborhoods and see the big expensive homes on the water! Very pretty there too.

Old 06-02-2007, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 4,369 times
Smile Checking out yoga

Quote:
Hi, I have been looking on line for a site like this. How great to find one..
I noticed you like yoga and that is really important to me too. Have you found a place? How are you liking it there? I grew up in Hollywood and have
been in many other places since. Right now I am living in Santa Fe, New Mexico and lived in Woodstock NY before that, so seeking alternatives in a community are really important and sometimes it's not as obvious in Florida
to me. I've been to Naples and just really loved the look of it and the west coast of Florida is more appealing because the pace seems abit slower.
Where is Vanderbuilt beach? I heard there are private state park beaches
around Naples, that's something I want to check out. I would love to hear
from you or anyone who might be able to tell me more about what is available there? Alternative films, health food places, etc. It would definitely be great to connect with people who like to takelong walks, yoga, shop and dine!
Thanks so much.....

Old 06-02-2007, 09:24 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,742,323 times
Quote:
My wife does yoga and we live in Fort Lauderdale. Where did you do yoga in Lauderdale? My wife goes to the Broward General wellness center where they give classes.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:48 AM

5 posts, read 23,568 times
Hey everyone, thanks for all the suggestions. I am enjoying my stay in Naples, although I recently went to St. Augustine and loved it up there! Imaginekj, there is a health food store across the Coastland Mall on US41, next to Books-A-Million I believe. Also, there is Wild Oats, a new one just opened on Airport-Pulling, about a mile north of Pine Ridge.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:28 PM

3 posts, read 4,820 times
if you are interested in yoga classes go to www.naplesyoga.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples