Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 01:56 PM

15 posts, read 23,712 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of or are a member of any private beach and/or golf clubs in the Naples area? Looking for a club that is catering more towards young professionals then 55 and older if that even exists. I am relocating from NY to the north Naples and any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 02:53 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,245,044 times
Welcome - I'm assuming you aren't moving into a golf community which is why you're asking.

Do you have a budget you're targeting? Membership can get expensive for the "true" private ones. Many are restricted to residents of the community or area so if you don't live there you're out of luck.

For example, La Playa has a beach and golf membership with around $10K annual dues (which is pretty standard) and a $60K non-refundable or $95K (80% refundable) initiation fee. With that you still pay cart fees and guest fees.

There is no shortage of golf in Naples, you just have to find what you are looking for.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:56 AM

Thanks for the response.....I am not moving into a golf community you are correct. My wife and I are moving into Stonecreek so ideally would like to have a golf club around there...my main concern is joining a club that has a lot of older members. In NY they have clubs that have price discounts for members under 35 to try and get younger people to join was just curious if they had something similar in Naples.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:16 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,245,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgy 44 View Post
Thanks for the response.....I am not moving into a golf community you are correct. My wife and I are moving into Stonecreek so ideally would like to have a golf club around there...my main concern is joining a club that has a lot of older members. In NY they have clubs that have price discounts for members under 35 to try and get younger people to join was just curious if they had something similar in Naples.
You'll be nearly next door to me (I'm in Olde Cypress, which does of course has golf communities and a club). Olde Cypress should be nearly topped out at 300 members as every homeowner has a place reserved for them. Currently the membership price is $60,000 (refundable) or $45,000 (non-refundable). If you don't play a lot take a look at the Associate Golf membership which is $17,500/$7,500 but you only get 12 tee times during November to April and you still pay (reduced) greens fees. It would be the closest club to where you'll be living, just down the road. Most other clubs would be comparable in price.

The benefit of being a member of one club is that you get reciprocal rights at other clubs so you can play multiple courses.

By the way, I would be very surprised if there were "discounts" anywhere in Naples to get under 35s (or even under 55s) to join. Any desirable club is likely to be full, nearly full, or have a waiting list. People pay full price even just to be a seasonal member, so the real benefit of being full time is that you get to use the facilities with 1/2 (or less) of the membership present out of season.

FYI - I moved from NY as well so I appreciate the difference. Golf is #1 in Naples, it's a destination for it. In NY many courses are struggling to fill their membership rosters as (1) it's expensive and (2) people generally only play from March/April through September/October unless you're a die-hard. I also appreciate your desire to socialize with people that aren't retirees. Many of the social activities in my club cater to a different generation/level of activity and it just is what it is. Be glad that your neighborhood will be full of kids

It's the one downside of Stonecreek/Riverstone - big homes, decent prices but no golf. Luckily there are plenty of courses to choose from in Naples!

Old 02-20-2016, 06:55 AM

31 posts, read 49,399 times
Good luck in finding a club with "Young" members in Naples!! LOL.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:33 AM

Thanks for the info I figured the young in Naples comment was going to be ridiculous but took a shot anyway.....I would love to play every weekend but not sure how my wife will feel about that. I got a round in yesterday up in NY which was nice for February.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:34 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,258 times
It seems most good clubs' initiation fees are $50k-$100k (which seems like a lot)....and $7k-$10k in annual dues (which seems reasonable--but still not exactly cheap). I guess it's a sign of just how much big money is in Naples.

But it effects my retirement planning....especially factoring in ~$5k of annual HOA fees, and $12k of annual property taxes. Have to save a lot of money and hope for 7% annual returns on the S&P 500.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples