Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2016, 08:22 AM

30 posts, read 34,980 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have experience using Costco for wood flooring? Notice they have a relationship with Shaw which is the same manufacturer GL uses in their homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 11:29 AM

351 posts, read 487,613 times
No experience with Costco. I'm changing out carpet for hardwood and am using Hadinger's. I've been more than impressed. Highly recommend. They may be pricier but I'd rather pay more and be happy than save money and have regrets.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:53 AM

126 posts, read 268,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsam View Post
No experience with Costco. I'm changing out carpet for hardwood and am using Hadinger's. I've been more than impressed. Highly recommend. They may be pricier but I'd rather pay more and be happy than save money and have regrets.
Seriously? Don't be fooled by higher prices. In Naples, paying more certainly does not guarantee higher quality work or service.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:53 PM

351 posts, read 487,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InPlaneSight View Post
Seriously? Don't be fooled by higher prices. In Naples, paying more certainly does not guarantee higher quality work or service.
I don't believe I said that I chose them because of their higher price. I am impressed with their work. I can only assume they are higher than Costco. I do not know that for a fact. I chose Hadinger based on a referral. I have been impressed with the process, the service, the result. I merely said - don't make a choice based on LOW price as you may regret it. Please don't twist my words.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:50 PM

1,594 posts, read 1,668,817 times
Flooring is as much about quality of installation as it is about quality of material.

My wife and I have had 3 custom homes built. We always used high quality material. House #2 had a poor carpet installer and a less than stellar hardwood installer. Made a big difference in the look of the finished product.

Point is, make sure whoever does the install is good. Installing tile, carpet and hardwood requires different skills.

Old 11-22-2016, 03:31 PM

126 posts, read 268,423 times

Don't twist my words......... :-)

Old 11-22-2016, 07:44 PM

Not considering Costco based on price. Agree that once you select your materials the expertise of the installer is what matters most and Costco's customer service and customer satisfaction guarantees are excellent. They have provided me with the contact information for their installer and it is a company in Fort Myers. Time to do some research.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:15 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,682,592 times
Beware the trend to make these engineered wood floors with cardboard backing. The product should be 1/2 inch thick with 100% plywood backing cross glues to support the surface. Installed with best moisture barrier on flat surface.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
Beware the trend to make these engineered wood floors with cardboard backing. The product should be 1/2 inch thick with 100% plywood backing cross glues to support the surface. Installed with best moisture barrier on flat surface.
Mortpes isn't wear layer more important than thickness all things being equal. Been looking at 3/8" with 2mm wear layer. In reference to best moisture barrier any product recommendations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: