Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 07:56 PM

30 posts, read 35,191 times

Advertisements

for completion mid-2018
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 10:21 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,089,627 times
About 10-15 years late, but good news. 951 needs to go through too....

Old 12-14-2016, 05:00 AM

1,626 posts, read 1,710,721 times
The large truck traffic going up Logan to get to Stone Creek has been horrific for months now (not to mention what it is on Immokalee). When they add the construction crew to build that road for another year and a half, it's not going to be a pleasant drive trying to get to Riverstone or Stone Creek.

The price of progress.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:20 AM

30 posts, read 35,191 times
Looks like 1 lane in each direction. Personally I feel this is a negative for Stonecreek and Riverstone as there will certainly be an increase in traffic upon completion. Adding the school next to Stonecreek will further the problem. Current gameplan is to buy in Riverstone or build in Stonecreek when home in Lely sells.

Last edited by bodyshaperrar; 12-14-2016 at 07:29 AM..

Old 12-14-2016, 08:44 AM

I am actually surprised that they're gonna do Logan before 951.

FWIW, this area has always had a dearth of north/south rds connecting Lee and Collier counties and this is LONG overdue. Up until they pushed Livingston Rd. through, the only way to get north of Immokalee Rd. was via 41, I75 or go the long way around through Immokalee.

951 needed to punch through to BBR and beyond over a decade ago, but it's typical around here to overbuild the housing, which then overwhelms the infrastructure. Then they wait decades to fix it, at which point it's still not adequate.

As for it being bad for Riverstone etc., I agree, it's gonna suck for those folks. My QOL took a huge hit when they 6 laned 951 and Vanderbilt Beach Rd. Not because the roads are much better, but because it meant more %($&ing building, and exponentially more traffic.

The worst part is that we are now seeing the tip of the iceberg as far as development in Collier goes. There is a LOT of developable land east of 951, and I predict that in the next decade or so, Collier will make Broward look like Naples in the 60's by comparison.

Every time they stamp out another cookie cutter development, the traffic increases by a few hundred cars, and there are more people competing to use the roads, businesses, schools, water etc. What's worse, is most of them, being "gated" have limited access, which concentrates the traffic into one or occasionally, 2 intersections when coming and going, which really screws up the flow of traffic for the rest of us. Island Walk is the bane to our existence around here, especially during rush hour. It was even worse before they put the traffic light in.

When I moved into my current house in '99, the ONLY houses and businesses in my "square" (defined by I-75, Pine Ridge Rd, 951 and Immokalee Rd.) were: the Vineyards, (which was pretty new), the areas of GGE off Logan, 951 and Oaks, 2 nurseries, a farm or 2, and a mobile home park. The only positives about the current situation is that we have supermarkets and restaurants closer than when we moved here, and they put in bicycle lanes on 951 and VBR, but I would trade back to the way it was in '99 in a second if I could.

It was heaven.

Last edited by Tripower455; 12-14-2016 at 09:03 AM..

Old 12-14-2016, 02:30 PM

22 posts, read 20,469 times
We are building in Stonecreek and see the Logan Blvd. extension as a big plus.
It cuts out the nearly 8 mile drive down to 2 miles to get to BBR and points north.

Season is busy everywhere in Lee & Collier in the corridor, no escaping that. However that is only a fraction of the year for us residents.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:58 PM

80 posts, read 111,355 times
The Logan extension is a "Yuge" positive for Riverstone and Stonecreek.

It will primarily be used by residents along that part of Logan, who don't want to battle the heavier traffic on Immokalee during rush hour/season to get to and from I75 to travel north or south.

But if you're already on Immokalee or Bonita Springs Road or another East/West road, it's still going to be faster to head straight to I75.

Who will go out of their way to cut through on the 35 MPH Logan when you can take a 70 MPH interstate? I don't see that happening much....

Old 12-14-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by relocatingtonaples View Post
The Logan extension is a "Yuge" positive for Riverstone and Stonecreek.

It will primarily be used by residents along that part of Logan, who don't want to battle the heavier traffic on Immokalee during rush hour/season to get to and from I75 to travel north or south.

But if you're already on Immokalee or Bonita Springs Road or another East/West road, it's still going to be faster to head straight to I75.

Who will go out of their way to cut through on the 35 MPH Logan when you can take a 70 MPH interstate? I don't see that happening much....
I, for one, would definitely use Logan to avoid the second worst intersection in Naples, which is the junction of Immokalee Rd./I-75. Well, at least until everyone finds out about it.... Livingston, north of Vanderbilt was, apparently, a secret for a year or so until everyone started using it to avoid Airport.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:23 PM

121 posts, read 162,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
I am actually surprised that they're gonna do Logan before 951.

FWIW, this area has always had a dearth of north/south rds connecting Lee and Collier counties and this is LONG overdue. Up until they pushed Livingston Rd. through, the only way to get north of Immokalee Rd. was via 41, I75 or go the long way around through Immokalee.

951 needed to punch through to BBR and beyond over a decade ago, but it's typical around here to overbuild the housing, which then overwhelms the infrastructure. Then they wait decades to fix it, at which point it's still not adequate.

As for it being bad for Riverstone etc., I agree, it's gonna suck for those folks. My QOL took a huge hit when they 6 laned 951 and Vanderbilt Beach Rd. Not because the roads are much better, but because it meant more %($&ing building, and exponentially more traffic.

The worst part is that we are now seeing the tip of the iceberg as far as development in Collier goes. There is a LOT of developable land east of 951, and I predict that in the next decade or so, Collier will make Broward look like Naples in the 60's by comparison.

Every time they stamp out another cookie cutter development, the traffic increases by a few hundred cars, and there are more people competing to use the roads, businesses, schools, water etc. What's worse, is most of them, being "gated" have limited access, which concentrates the traffic into one or occasionally, 2 intersections when coming and going, which really screws up the flow of traffic for the rest of us. Island Walk is the bane to our existence around here, especially during rush hour. It was even worse before they put the traffic light in.

When I moved into my current house in '99, the ONLY houses and businesses in my "square" (defined by I-75, Pine Ridge Rd, 951 and Immokalee Rd.) were: the Vineyards, (which was pretty new), the areas of GGE off Logan, 951 and Oaks, 2 nurseries, a farm or 2, and a mobile home park. The only positives about the current situation is that we have supermarkets and restaurants closer than when we moved here, and they put in bicycle lanes on 951 and VBR, but I would trade back to the way it was in '99 in a second if I could.

It was heaven.

I remember what you are talking about very well. We lived in the Oakes Blvd neighborhood for 27 years. When we moved there it was out in the country. The Vineyards wasn't even there then. Oakes Blvd extended all the way down to Pine Ridge Rd. It crossed Pine Ridge where the BP/McDonalds is now a days and extended to what was 10th Ave SE. You use to be able to cross over to the old Daniels Rd before I-75 was built. Back then Pine Ridge was a limerock road east of Airport. It all changed what seemed to be overnight. The growth and changes in that area was amazing. Nice area but glad we moved on to another state. Too many changes for my taste.

As far as 951 being extended north to Bonita Beach Rd don't be holding your breath to see it extended anytime soon. There are many environmental issues that will make building that road a very hard sell. Another issue is that Lee County does not seem to be interested in building it either. Right now Collier County hopes to extend it but it will bend over to meet up with Logan Blvd south of BBR. But even that plan is many years off at this point.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:30 PM

121 posts, read 162,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillimerica View Post
We are building in Stonecreek and see the Logan Blvd. extension as a big plus.
It cuts out the nearly 8 mile drive down to 2 miles to get to BBR and points north.

Season is busy everywhere in Lee & Collier in the corridor, no escaping that. However that is only a fraction of the year for us residents.
Logan Blvd will become a major "cut through" once it is extended to Bonita Beach Rd. This will increase the traffic all along Logan all the way south to Golden Gate. I know if I was still living there I would use it to avoid the corner of I-75 and Immokalee. The other problem is whenever they build a new road the land along it becomes a hot commodity for the developers. All that accessible land just sitting there waiting for a new slew of gated communities, condos and shopping centers to be built. Just be prepared for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples