Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 06:25 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,410,967 times

Advertisements

Come on Sweets. You've been pissing and moaning about everything and everyone in Naples for 5 years. Every option given you you have an excuse. Now it's atheism. I'm beginning to think you actually reside at Estate Seventeen North on Gulf Shore and just like to come to CD for sh+ts & giggles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 06:49 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
I go over to Naples every month. After Thanksgiving the population swells until Easter. Then it seems as if half of the city goes back north. Noticeable increase in traffic and the infrastructure isn't the best. No mass transit I don't remember ever seeing a bus. The closer to the Gulf you are the more expensive the homes. I think the values are slightly down because of new developments further west. Lots of nice communities all over. Great for home body's but if going out to you means going to eat then hitting clubs good luck. Not much action in Naples. That's why they party in Fort Lauderdale or Miami or the Beach. Each to his own. Not for me though....

Old 12-18-2016, 06:54 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,245,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I go over to Naples every month. After Thanksgiving the population swells until Easter. Then it seems as if half of the city goes back north. Noticeable increase in traffic and the infrastructure isn't the best. No mass transit I don't remember ever seeing a bus. The closer to the Gulf you are the more expensive the homes. I think the values are slightly down because of new developments further west. Lots of nice communities all over. Great for home body's but if going out to you means going to eat then hitting clubs good luck. Not much action in Naples. That's why they party in Fort Lauderdale or Miami or the Beach. Each to his own. Not for me though....
Definitely not a club atmosphere. There is a bus company - Collier Area Transit, but don't know it's schedule.

Old 12-18-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToGo View Post
Come on Sweets. You've been pissing and moaning about everything and everyone in Naples for 5 years. Every option given you you have an excuse. Now it's atheism. I'm beginning to think you actually reside at Estate Seventeen North on Gulf Shore and just like to come to CD for sh+ts & giggles.
I would hope that's the case, but doubtful. It must be tough being miserable for years on end. Even Mark Watney from The Martian was rescued eventually...

It is also tough for some people to be surrounded by wealth without becoming jealous and resentful. I like looking at cars I will never buy and homes I will never afford - especially as the tax dollars brought in fund the county's coffers.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:06 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,962,204 times
Quote:
My husband has been in college for the past 5 years. As I've stated SEVERAL times and he just graduated this past Aug. We could not leave mid college career for his bachelors and then pay out of state prices in a new place. Common sense tells you to get the degree THEN the job. We had a dip in job offerings until about 2 weeks ago when we got a lot in at once due to many Finance places wanting to hire for the new quarter.

To top that off we had 5 family deaths within 12 weeks of each other at the end of 2014-2015 , including my husbands 30 year old brother, my mother, his grandfather and both of my grandmothers. We had to stay to make sure his parents didn't have a mental break down and try to kill themselves, literally. 6 months later I relapsed and almost died myself and had to be transferred to an out of state hospital.

Hope those reasons are ok with everyone as to why we didn't pack up at 1 am and move to a random city. We've had something called life happen and have been trying to do our best around those situations while still trying to leave.

Old 12-19-2016, 03:50 AM

1,162 posts, read 1,410,967 times
Maybe try prayer. Oh wait...

In the meantime remember what Benjamin Franklin said:

"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

Old 12-24-2016, 10:59 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,962,204 times
Quote:
Maybe try prayer. Oh wait...

In the meantime remember what Benjamin Franklin said:

"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."
I didn't realize staying behind to hold my in laws together as they fell apart because they found their 30 year old son dead on his bedroom floor was an excuse. Or the fact that I had to stay behind to bury 4 more family members was an excuse. Wow.. I'll have to keep that in mind... I also didn't realize staying behind so my husband can get an education was an excuse. I just assumed it was being smart and waiting to achieve something so we could have better opportunities.. God we are just so stupid.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I didn't realize staying behind to hold my in laws together as they fell apart because they found their 30 year old son dead on his bedroom floor was an excuse. Or the fact that I had to stay behind to bury 4 more family members was an excuse. Wow.. I'll have to keep that in mind... I also didn't realize staying behind so my husband can get an education was an excuse. I just assumed it was being smart and waiting to achieve something so we could have better opportunities.. God we are just so stupid.
the good thing is I see you picked Charlotte. Nice location, good luck and Merry Christmas.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:32 PM

85 posts, read 176,969 times
Merry Christmas to all, even those self proclaimed atheists that believe in nothing.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:46 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
I have a friend who owns a home in Naples and he's trying to do a short sale. He made a very bad investment in buying there and he should have known better because he is a Real Estate Broker. He also paid high in 2008 after the housing market crashed. He also said new homes going up are in competition bringing his price down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples