Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2016, 04:48 AM

6 posts, read 10,481 times

Advertisements

My wife, 2 kids, and I looked at about 10 houses sprinkled throughout the Golden Gate area. I've taken a job with Anthrex and looking to stay within a 40 min drive from work. The house we are considering writing an offer on is near 4th NE (Wilson) and Golden Gate, but having second thoughts based on some things we've heard about Golden Gates.

Is that a decent area? Any other recommendations were looking to stay under $350K?

Thanks,

Roger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 07:21 AM

121 posts, read 213,832 times
Golden Gate ESTATES which is where you're looking, is for the most part a safe area. Golden Gate CITY, which is a higher density area that starts Southwest of 951 and Green Blvd, has some pockets of crime activity.

When doing your research it can be confusing so be careful you don't get the two mixed up.

Are you working at the Arthrex facility on Oil Well Rd way out east or in town off of Immokalee rd?

Old 07-27-2016, 07:33 AM

6 posts, read 10,481 times
Thanks for the info. I start at Arthrex mid Sept off Immokolee Rd.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:15 AM

331 posts, read 452,443 times
That is a good area as far as my opinion goes. You are close enough to shopping heading west on Golden Gate Blvd. You have the Library and Haase Community park on GG Blvd. Gas station, dug store, and gas station on Wilson and hardware store. That's a lot more than what most of us have. Good luck.

And yes, it is a safe area.

Last edited by ron e wheels; 07-27-2016 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: additional info

Old 07-27-2016, 09:10 AM

121 posts, read 213,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkiefer2 View Post
Thanks for the info. I start at Arthrex mid Sept off Immokolee Rd.
If you're at that facility, I'd strongly recommend looking at the Logan Woods area. I used to live off of Randall and 8th St NE and have since moved to Logan Woods which is Logan Blvd from Vanderbilt Beach south to Green. It's still technically part of Golden Gate Estates and you have 1.14+ acre properties if that's part of the reason you're looking in the Estates. However, the schools in our district are higher rated AND you're much closer to town. Further out is WONDERFUL and we loved living here, but being here in Logan Woods is even better for us. You'll also be much closer to your work.

Your 350k won't go anywhere as far but for us, having a smaller home and less land was worth it for the location and better schools for our children.

To each their own of course but I thought I'd mention it in case your real estate agent had not.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:59 PM

603 posts, read 573,164 times
When you put in Golden gate, fl into the city data search box are the numbers you get for golden gate city or Estates?

Old 01-18-2017, 08:21 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,087,806 times
Golden Gate Estates is a good area overall, but it's HUGE. It goes from the edge of the everglades on the east side, to west of I75 (now called "Livingston Woods").

Working at Arthrex on Immokalee, I'd also recommend being as far west in the estates as you can afford.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:17 AM

170 posts, read 571,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movingrightalong... View Post
When you put in Golden gate, fl into the city data search box are the numbers you get for golden gate city or Estates?
I think it's going to represently mostly the city area of Golden Gate.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:21 AM

603 posts, read 573,164 times
If you get on trulia they have crime maps that let you easily identify crime hotspots in various areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: