Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 04:25 PM

110 posts, read 128,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/naple...ia-naples.html

And, using Search This Forum tab, upper right of every page, many other threads on Ave Maria, and many other communities.
It is not everyone's style.
GL, mD

Thanks for the link. That was eye opening. I actually do use the search often. I have invested 100s of hours in to research in the last month or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 04:32 PM

4,787 posts, read 10,602,776 times
Good, as every forum has threads full of good info, most fairly recent/up to date.
Wasn't teaching, just reminding in case you hadn't done the search deal.

No expert on Naples, though we did have a SFH golf community 'winter' house in Naples from 2005 to 2013, but we have moved our Escape Winter situ 85 miles north to the Venice area in Sarasota county.

We still have several good friends in Naples area and get back there often during winter season.

The communities were and are literally by the dozens and dozens, and finding a house is the easier aspect vs finding a community that fits your needs/budget.
GL, mD

Old 08-07-2017, 04:37 PM

Thanks for your help David.

I will be there soon to look in person but one lot I like may be gone by then.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:28 PM

6,386 posts, read 4,896,864 times
That is a nicely planned community IMHO. Its set back from noisy Immokalee road. The amenity center looked nice as well. I would do my due diligence on Lennar and make sure you are comfortable with them. Also make sure the amenity center will be built in the near future plus in any new community you will have to deal with construction noise. Make 100% sure that this community is what you want because resale may be problematic. We almost bought in another community nearby so we are very familiar with the area.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
That is a nicely planned community IMHO. Its set back from noisy Immokalee road. The amenity center looked nice as well. I would do my due diligence on Lennar and make sure you are comfortable with them. Also make sure the amenity center will be built in the near future plus in any new community you will have to deal with construction noise. Make 100% sure that this community is what you want because resale may be problematic. We almost bought in another community nearby so we are very familiar with the area.
Have you been happy with your community? When/where did you buy? Would you reccomend your builder?

Old 08-07-2017, 07:50 PM

6,386 posts, read 4,896,864 times
We wound up in Jacksonville for various reasons (family, change of seasons). If I was buying a new house in Naples I would strongly consider GL Homes, which has a sterling reputation. You may also want to consider a resale because at least you know what you are getting in terms of amenities, a completed community and neighbors. In a new community just because something is proposed doesn't mean it will come to fruition. La Morada was started by WCI which was taken over by Lennar.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
We wound up in Jacksonville for various reasons (family, change of seasons). If I was buying a new house in Naples I would strongly consider GL Homes, which has a sterling reputation. You may also want to consider a resale because at least you know what you are getting in terms of amenities, a completed community and neighbors. In a new community just because something is proposed doesn't mean it will come to fruition. La Morada was started by WCI which was taken over by Lennar.
Stonecreek by GL is beautiful. It is very tempting but Im not sure if I can get used to neighbors so close. I just read about people shooting guns in golden gate estates so now that has me concerned about communities close by there. This has been a stressful choice.

Last edited by Kram71; 08-07-2017 at 08:37 PM..

Old 08-08-2017, 06:54 AM

788 posts, read 783,508 times
If your moving from the big city north with strict firearm laws to most any rural area in a southern state you will be in for one heck life style change and having Hoplophobia may just do you in if you can't common sense your way thru the difference between good and bad . Random shooting from surrounding rural areas can be some distance away but is something that has been there for ever .

There is also a sheriffs department training center over by the fair grounds open to the public twice a month and the sound from a firearm can travel a mile or two depending on the wind direction and people will at times need to control critters or have a well buffered range area where they can train or teach there children to shoot if neighbors are 600ft or more away . And then there all the folks that carry concealed handgun with the blessing of the state of florida after training and a back ground check . That person could easily be a neighbor in side a gated community and you might never know .

Those folks are the good guys not to be feared . They have fbi back ground checks , finger prints on file and have had training . I worked with people in some case's for 20 years building homes that never knew I carried daily .

Not the trigger happy bad guy that never trains but randomly shoots up a neighbor hood getting even for something perceived in much of big city America

In the rural south legal firearms and concealed carry is very common for law abiding citizens . Its far more the big city north of the mason Dixon line types that freak over a gun shot .

Sorry for the rant !

Old 08-08-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
If your moving from the big city north with strict firearm laws to most any rural area in a southern state you will be in for one heck life style change and having Hoplophobia may just do you in if you can't common sense your way thru the difference between good and bad . Random shooting from surrounding rural areas can be some distance away but is something that has been there for ever .

There is also a sheriffs department training center over by the fair grounds open to the public twice a month and the sound from a firearm can travel a mile or two depending on the wind direction and people will at times need to control critters or have a well buffered range area where they can train or teach there children to shoot if neighbors are 600ft or more away . And then there all the folks that carry concealed handgun with the blessing of the state of florida after training and a back ground check . That person could easily be a neighbor in side a gated community and you might never know .

Those folks are the good guys not to be feared . They have fbi back ground checks , finger prints on file and have had training . I worked with people in some case's for 20 years building homes that never knew I carried daily .

Not the trigger happy bad guy that never trains but randomly shoots up a neighbor hood getting even for something perceived in much of big city America

In the rural south legal firearms and concealed carry is very common for law abiding citizens . Its far more the big city north of the mason Dixon line types that freak over a gun shot .

Sorry for the rant !
You may have jumped to conclusions. I live in a very gun friendly southern state. I just do not want a stray bullet hitting me while I sleep. I read about a lawsuit where a guy was purposefully shooting to scare away new buyers. Also read about a stray bullet hitting a child in the same area. When I'm making the biggest purchase of my life that kind of thing is noteworthy.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:57 AM

788 posts, read 783,508 times
Look long enough on a forum and every kind of post truth , half truths and bull sheet from the fear full can be found . Even in rural or big city texas if that was were you were looking to move too .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples