Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 07:26 PM

6,276 posts, read 4,762,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
Collier County's official reason for the sewage problem is allegedly power. It's now Tuesday. At this point there is NO EXCUSE if the reason is just power. Generators! Get a lot of them!
Barb was there much tree damage in the Vineyards?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 07:35 AM

731 posts, read 755,871 times
In our community within the Vineyards we lost a lot of magnolia trees. I've heard that one of the older neighborhoods lost a lot of oak trees. Our house is fine except for a lot of lost pool screens and a dirty pool. We consider ourselves very lucky. Some homes in our community completely lost their pool cages. We were lucky to get our electric back on Tuesday since we are on the same grid as the hospital.

We have experienced some restaurants trying to take advantage of the hurricane situation. I called one of our favorite Italian restaurants and asked them if they were open and if they had their usual early dining menu. They said they were open and had a full menu, but were not offering their early dining menu due to the hurricane. What? We didn't go there.

Called another restaurant, Charlie Chiangs and they said they were open. Went last night and asked the waitress if they had their usual "happy hour" menu: Half price apps, half price well drinks, beer, and house wine. She said yes, and pointed out which wines were house wines.

The bill came and it was full price. Our waitress had disappeared and a young girl was sent to our table. I explained to her the mistake. She said, OH Nooooo, there is no “happy hour” menu because of hurricane Irma. All she would said over and over again was, “sorry, sorry, sorry”. She also told us the manager was not there that night. Yeah, right.

I told her that we felt scammed and uncomfortable and that we would NEVER dine there again and neither would our friends.

So, our experience has been that some restaurants are taking advantage of people who are going out to dinner more because of either no electric, boil water, etc. I realize this is not the most important issue right now, just wanted to give everyone our experience.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:03 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,084,599 times
I hate it when people are taken advantage of. Of course when season hits the snowbirds won’t know or care and in many ways Naples will be back to normal.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:48 AM

731 posts, read 755,871 times
Very true Markjames68! I also got an email yesterday from the community in North Naples where we still own a condo. The manager said that Collier county has lifted the water conservation rule for all of collier County and now we can wash, shower, etc.

Is this true?? I have seen nothing on TV about this.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:16 PM

22 posts, read 20,260 times
The boil water notice has been lifted for most of Collier county. What constitutes "most" depends on the source.
From colliergov.net: Boil water notice lifted for Collier County water district customers | Collier County, FL

From wink news: Boil water notice lifted in most of Collier County

The emergency conservation measures are harder to determine. In the wink news release the CCSO states it is not a quantity issue!?! and the restrictions are in effect.
On the county website it states that the wastewater system is stabilized and emergency measures are lifted: Release # 121
News Releases | Collier County, FL

Old 09-20-2017, 01:37 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,084,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
Very true Markjames68! I also got an email yesterday from the community in North Naples where we still own a condo. The manager said that Collier county has lifted the water conservation rule for all of collier County and now we can wash, shower, etc.

Is this true?? I have seen nothing on TV about this.
yes and no - unless they have a time machine.

The CITY of Naples rescinded the water restrictions yesterday. Just saw that Collier did the same a few minutes ago. Still a request to limit water use but dishwashers and washing machines are now OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples