Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 08:32 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,241,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
So tired of people complaining about the summers here... It's annoying..
The same people complain about Chicago being breezy or Arizona being dry. Naples is one of the few tropical places in the continental US, what else would it be...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 09:25 AM

192 posts, read 178,773 times
I live on the coast and I love the Summers here. 86 to 89 everyday a sea breeze at 3pm and most of the time a brief afternoon shower. Warm seas, empty beaches beautiful sunsets. Works for me and has for many years.

Naplesfan

Old 11-15-2017, 09:32 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Most of Naples is a series of gated communities. Lots of snowbirds. Why wouldn’t they be happy? They aren’t here to deal with the Hot and Humid summers. They are only here for the best weather. Most also have money. What’s not to like?

Old 11-15-2017, 09:51 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naplesfan View Post
I live on the coast and I love the Summers here. 86 to 89 everyday a sea breeze at 3pm and most of the time a brief afternoon shower. Warm seas, empty beaches beautiful sunsets. Works for me and has for many years.

Naplesfan
Yes, to me summers are more enjoyable, not to take anything away from the winter since it's a good time for kayaking, hiking, and other activities you probably don't want to do too much in the summer, but nothing beats the empty beaches and warm seas in the summer.

Wish people would shut up about the humidity... Too many miserable people in this world that have nothing better to do but complain.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:54 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,089,243 times
Quote:
Yes, to me summers are more enjoyable, not to take anything away from the winter since it's a good time for kayaking, hiking, and other activities you probably don't want to do too much in the summer, but nothing beats the empty beaches and warm seas in the summer.

Wish people would shut up about the humidity... Too many miserable people in this world that have nothing better to do but complain.
The irony is staggering........

Old 11-15-2017, 09:57 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
The irony is staggering........
How funny because I was just thinking how I was complaining about people complaining. At least I can say I'm genuinely happy here in Naples, and dare I say, I love the summers!! OMG how can that be right??? Humidity.... How can one live with humidty.... How dire of a situation it must be for us Floridians in the summer......

Old 11-15-2017, 10:19 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,089,243 times
Quote:
How funny because I was just thinking how I was complaining about people complaining. At least I can say I'm genuinely happy here in Naples, and dare I say, I love the summers!! OMG how can that be right??? Humidity.... How can one live with humidty.... How dire of a situation it must be for us Floridians in the summer......
LOL....

I've been here 30 years next month, and I hate the summer weather more and more every year, but still wouldn't trade them for the winters (or the taxes!) up north.

WRT the seasonal population shift, it used to be like a toilet flushed the day after Easter, and it wouldn't start filling up again until mid November, making the sauna like conditions more bearable. There is definitely a noticeable change between season/off season, but it's a lot more subtle, and is shorter.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:31 AM

789 posts, read 784,593 times
This is one entertaining tread !

Old 11-16-2017, 07:14 PM

18,439 posts, read 8,268,923 times
Quote:
So tired of people complaining about the summers here... It's annoying..
I was born and raised in So Fla....I hate the winters....below about 75 and I can't move
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples