Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 06:01 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,198,377 times

Advertisements

Not everyone can afford $700,000 + new homes close to Naples. Ave Maria allows people a chance to buy a brand new beautiful home for under $300,000 and even under $200,000 in some cases. It also makes commuting to Broward for jobs possible. From everything I've seen and read, lots and lots and lots of people moved from Broward to Ave Maria are commuting the 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and a half to Broward for employment. I think they are crazy but these insane long commutes are common in places like Los Angeles and the DC area. It's all about affordable housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 06:25 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,087,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naplesfan View Post
What was the name of that country bar on the South side of Immokalee Road. It had hitching rails out front and chain link cages. There was a small "motel" behind it and behind the motel a shooting range.

Naplesfan
That's not even ringing a bell. Must've been before my time.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:26 AM

192 posts, read 178,616 times
Just remembered the name. Jersey Joes.

i believe there was a mafia tie in. It was used as a place for people to cool off but that could just be legend.

Naplesfan

Old 11-22-2017, 05:47 AM

788 posts, read 783,508 times
Ole sour bottoms is back !! You do know AV is only a small spot of land surrounded by golden gate estates so folks can pick a road there to live yet still have all the benefits of the more layed back area . But it is your duty to pitch a fit about any thing collier county .

Tripower 455 . Maybe my drive times wrong to day . Proably a street light ever 1/4 mile today but dang if it takes you 20 minutes to drive 10 miles you be drive'n slooow !! At some point in my younger life I worked at a shop just plast the ole gas station /store and just before before corkscrew rd and drove it ever day from naples .

But hey, if you want to live in the outer estate areas then getting to naples should not a high priority to began with , right ??

Lauderdale west !! I had not been across gator alley for some years back when they 4 lanes it . I made it out to L-28 to go to airboat camp was my limit then . WEnt across one day after it was all done and the high fensing was in place to go to Russ's Automotive and was blown away buy the changes From the toll both on it was developed ! .

Naplesfan Hummm , You got me with that one . I don't even remember a shooting range over there . Only thing I remember from Immokalee when I was young was the all you can eat dinner not the one by the farmers market . Big day out for the family back then . You eat what was served at long tables . Dad use to drive over for saturady afternoon dinner . I do remember the "Barn " bar in east naples have a the occasional horse tied up at the rail by the dunks that could not drive but us-41 was still a 2 lane then .

Old 11-22-2017, 06:17 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logybogy View Post
Not everyone can afford $700,000 + new homes close to Naples. Ave Maria allows people a chance to buy a brand new beautiful home for under $300,000 and even under $200,000 in some cases. It also makes commuting to Broward for jobs possible. From everything I've seen and read, lots and lots and lots of people moved from Broward to Ave Maria are commuting the 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and a half to Broward for employment. I think they are crazy but these insane long commutes are common in places like Los Angeles and the DC area. It's all about affordable housing.
But it’s also the difference between an hour of smooth highway driving or an hour to drive 7 miles like in LA.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:50 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
You still here? Entry level prices were in the mid-100s, hard to beat closer in. You may not like religious people, but you don’t need to denigrate a whole town. Make sure you stay out of Utah and Lancaster County, PA, lots of religious people there too. Aren’t there lots of Baptists in NC?

I never left.. I lived in that town longer than most of you. I know about Naples. You can talk all the crap you want about me but I watched that town go from being able to buy a home in Naples park for $30,000 on the 500 block to the snowbird infested over congested pit it is now.

There are religious nuts everywhere, I simply choose not to live in communities built SPECIFICALLY for them

Old 11-22-2017, 08:10 AM

192 posts, read 178,616 times
Sweetbottoms I watched the changes as well. The difference between us is we were and are very successful in Naples in every way. We love where we live.

You seem to be exhibiting vindictive and envious traits trying to justify your failure. It's OK. I honestly feel sorry for you. I hope that you don't do that to the people in Charlotte. You really need to put it down and get on with life. It does your mental health no good to constantly reinforce those traits.

If you like I can recommend several counselors in the Charlotte area that might be able to help you.

You have my sympathy. I think people should be happy with their lives.

Naplesfan

Old 11-22-2017, 08:12 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I never left.. I lived in that town longer than most of you. I know about Naples. You can talk all the crap you want about me but I watched that town go from being able to buy a home in Naples park for $30,000 on the 500 block to the snowbird infested over congested pit it is now.

There are religious nuts everywhere, I simply choose not to live in communities built SPECIFICALLY for them
So why didn’t you buy that home for $30K? Was that because it was that price 30 years ago? Demand and something called inflation have something to do with price increases.

Enjoy Charlotte. Bye!

Old 11-22-2017, 11:22 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,087,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
Tripower 455 . Maybe my drive times wrong to day . Proably a street light ever 1/4 mile today but dang if it takes you 20 minutes to drive 10 miles you be drive'n slooow !! At some point in my younger life I worked at a shop just plast the ole gas station /store and just before before corkscrew rd and drove it ever day from naples .
Yup. I be "driv'n slow", but certainly not by choice. Between the numerous lights and the constant, rolling road blocks, you're lucky to average 15-20 under the limit from point A to point B during normal waking hours.

Ave Maria to 41 is close to 30 miles driving. I'm not great at math, but you'd have to be well into felony level speeds to do that drive in 10 minutes.

Quote:
But hey, if you want to live in the outer estate areas then getting to naples should not a high priority to began with , right ??
My point exactly.

Quote:
Lauderdale west !! I had not been across gator alley for some years back when they 4 lanes it . I made it out to L-28 to go to airboat camp was my limit then . WEnt across one day after it was all done and the high fensing was in place to go to Russ's Automotive and was blown away buy the changes From the toll both on it was developed ! .
I drive across the alley often. When I first started, it was 2 lanes all the way across, and they were just starting to build 595 on the other side. It used to take me over 2 hours to get to FLL in those days. Now, it's 1:15 to 1:30, depending on traffic and time of day.

One of the few "improvements" made in the area that actually was.

Old 11-23-2017, 06:01 AM

331 posts, read 452,443 times
Well since we are done with the vindictive views and our future projections, I'll try an answer the original question of the post.

The cost of housing is more affordable - inline with a lot that Collier has to offer. I believe it is very well laid out. They should have had more condos surrounding the town center in my opinion. People in A M do not think themselves in Naples. You don't move to A M to be close to downtown Naples. Schooling is very good and 40% of the population there does not belong to the Ave Maria Parish. Clean, quiet, and safe, with many festivities throughout the year. I haven't seen any families with 10 kids yet but I've seen families with 4 to 5 kids.

As far as times to get to 41, most people who want to get on the expressway do not go that direction. They take Rt. 82. I know of several families that live there and work at Arthrex. There are people who moved to A M because their kids are in College there. So there are several hundred young adults around who don't have a Mc Donalds to run to.

I do not live in A M but that is my parish since I live in GGE. I'm in Immokalee once a week to help out at the food pantry so I've seen a good deal of that side of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples