Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2018, 12:09 PM

110 posts, read 129,082 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping to find a nice but not overly expensive option for great room window coverings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 03:28 PM

789 posts, read 784,819 times
With no idea of room design and budget the majority of homes I was in when window treatments were on going window were wood blinds or drop drown shades of one design or another followed by costlier shutters .

Maybe this site can give you some ideas t.
https://www.greatwindows.com/photo_gallery/photo.asp

Old 03-22-2018, 03:55 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,245,044 times
I used nothing for my sliders, but with preserve behind my house and shrubs up the sides of the pool cage no neighbors can look in.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:57 AM

22 posts, read 20,469 times
Here in Stonecreek we had lots of windows to cover and many were too high to reach with standard cordless shades. We ended up purchasing online from a retailer called BlindsGalore.COM

This company based in California carries a wide variety of window covering products and has proven to be good to work with.
We purchased motorized and non motorized cellular shades in both light filtering and blackout styles and are very happy.
Prices are comparable to Bali and semi-custom offerings from Home Dept & Lowes for non motorized, but you get a really great value on the motorized lift which only adds about $140 to the non-motorized cost. Free shipping and no sales tax are also factors.
We ordered many free fabric samples prior to making a purchase.

Cons:
Fabrication and shipping means order to receipt is a week or two or three.
You install them yourself or hire separately local installer.

Here is a referral link (although it appears they are continuously running "sales" which makes the net cost virtually identical no matter how or when you purchase.) https://goo.gl/Ca4zyg

Happy to demo the installed product if you're in the neighborhood.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:54 AM

110 posts, read 129,082 times
Thanks for the responses and links. I just want something that will give privacy but look nice at a decent price (probably like most folks). I will go with blinds or shades. I will check out both the links that were posted.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:24 AM

45 posts, read 37,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kram71 View Post
Thanks for the responses and links. I just want something that will give privacy but look nice at a decent price (probably like most folks). I will go with blinds or shades. I will check out both the links that were posted.
We purchased plantation shutters from Blindsgalore for both our house up North and for our Naples house. The shutters seem to be good quality at a fair price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples