Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 06:51 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,245,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Make it there??? Hunny my husband made MORE than enough money to make it there.... What you mean is we refused to stand for the BS that went on there..... good try though
Six figures? That's what you really need to make if you want to be choosy about where you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naplesfan;52512055[B
[/b]]Great News. Now get out and be sure and give up your US citizenship on the way.

Good Luck

Naplesfan
Of course UK citizenship won't be as appealing after full Brexit. And then there's the class system in the UK. And the NHS which while inexpensive rations health care. And of course the cost of petrol. And paying the government for an annual TV license to watch over the air TV.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][Mod edit./COLOR]

Last edited by Sunscape; 07-17-2018 at 02:27 PM..

Old 07-17-2018, 12:24 AM

16 posts, read 43,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
rapes murders and no go zones
Huh? Here in Oslo, the capital of Norway, we have had one - 1 - murder this far this year. Sorry to wander off topic, but crime is the very least of our problems. But Florida sun - can we please import
some of that ?

Old 07-17-2018, 06:34 AM

62 posts, read 61,281 times
To start, look for communities with playgrounds - that's a great indicator. Also when looking for homes on Zillow you can also see how the local schools rank.

Keep in mind that 9 months of the year it's so hot you don't want to go outside. When it's 90+ degrees and 80+% humidly you just want to stay inside. If you have kids, that means making sure your house has room for them to play.

I see people outside walking their kids in strollers and don't think that's a good idea when the "feel like" temp is 104. Take them to the mall then.

Old 07-17-2018, 07:45 PM

7 posts, read 7,441 times
I'm not from Naples, yet... But I've been in Florida my whole life & wanted to comment on the "it's so hot you'll stay inside 9 months out of the year" comment.

Growing up I spent the majority of my time outside! My young son & I go out to play 2-3 times a day! You just have to stay cool. Think sprinklers– we have one that both mists & sprays. Blow up pools work, too. Seeking shade occasionally is obvious +going outside during the cooler times– such as morning & early evening.

The sun won't kill you, promise. �� But having your kids play inside all day will! ��

Old 07-17-2018, 08:36 PM

214 posts, read 286,237 times
Adult bickering aside, lets go back to the OP question:

Kids are kids and while you'll want to exercise caution in peak hot weather, there's the offset of daily thunderstorms then as well. And...kids build their world. The beauty of it isn't that you'll meet other parents that way, and network pretty quickly.

You'll want to focus your search on the best elementary attendance areas - most would say that means Laurel Oak, Pelican Marsh, and Seagate Elementary Schools. These put you into some very nice family areas offering your choice of new construction or existing Himes in well established neighborhoods.

You'll have no problem connecting your kids to whatever activities they desire - sports, karate, dance, music lessons, parks and rec activities, scouts, and on and on. As mentioned above there are some unique opportunities like sailing lessons and some unique things to do as a family (CREW and Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary, the Everglades, etc).

And let me say, Halloween around Naples neighborhoods cant be beat!

Old 07-18-2018, 07:19 AM

The implication of needing to “stay inside 9 months of the year” is of course bogus. Realistically October through April is great, and December through March absolutely amazing.

So that leaves 5 or so months where it gets somewhat uncomfortable, and 3 months where it is oppressive.

If you reverse the seasons you get the same up north - it’s called winter

As most of Florida depends heavily on tourism Naples isn’t unique to “season”. The advantage is that shopping, restaurants and other amenities are disproportionately available to an otherwise pretty small location. And off season it’s easily accessible too.

There are plenty of things to do with kids. Whatever is lacking is really due to the small size of Naples and SW Florida. And with more families moving in I’ve found the situation improving for summer camp and after school activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples