Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 02:50 PM

3 posts, read 3,384 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Naples and want at least an acre of land, no HOA and as close to Arthrex as possible. We are looking hard at Logan Woods and Oakes estates. Our budget is up to 420k

Is one of these areas better? Should we be looking anywhere else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 03:27 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,089,243 times
They're both good areas.

I haven't checked pricing lately, but Livingston Woods (just north of Pine Ridge Rd on Livingston is also part of GGE with large lots, as is the area just west of I75 along Golden gate Parkway.

Units 1 and 2 (GGE west of 951) and the area off Wilson are another 5 minutes from the Logan area.

Keep in mind that the vast majority of the 1.14 acre lots measure 75'x 660', and are referred to as "band aid" lots, with 75' of road frontage. There are quite a few of these off Logan.

Originally, the "standard" GGE lot was 330'x660', making 5 acres. Over the years, they were subdivided and resold many times. Most were subdivided into 75x660, 150x660, 165x660 or 180x660 with the narrow dimension along the road, but some were also made into more square lots, like 2, 2.5 acre squares, with the rear one having no road frontage. There are a few of these in the Logan area.

In the mid '70's, the county restricted subdividing any lots smaller than 2.25 acres.

Logan has some non standard (for GGE) lot dimensions. The streets along Logan, Oakes and Livingston used to be numbered like the rest of GGE. If you notice that the streets on the east side of the canal are all odd numbered. At some point, I assume that the original plat had called for even streets in between the odd ones, but for some reason, that never happened.

The streets along Logan on the other side of the canal used to be numbered, like the rest of GGE.

They started at 7th NW in the north, and went to 1st NW. Then, for some reason, they increased the spacing to more than the typical 1320' and started with 2nd Ave SW and so on.

This makes the lots between Teakwood (1st NW) and Mahogany (2nd SW) quite a bit deeper than the typical GGE lots, and some of them were subdivided into more "square" lots than the rest of GGE.

We live on 5 acres in Unit 2, across the canal from "Logan Woods". We looked heavily over there when we were lot shopping 20 years ago, but there were no lots for sale for the 6 months or so we looked.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:32 PM

Thank you for your insight tripower. Livingston Woods is out of our price range. Frankly there isn’t much availability in Logan or Oakes in our price range either. We are trying to find a house with the wider 1.5 acre or bigger lots in those areas and there isn’t much decent availability. I feel like I am checking Zillow for new listings 10 times a day. The area just west of 951 is nice but that extra 7 to 10 minute drive makes a big difference for me as commutes depress me (literally).

I’m admittedly starting to get frustrated and I’m hoping there is another gem of an area I haven’t found yet.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:46 PM

192 posts, read 178,773 times
If this is of help. i see no better deals than those in Ave Maria. It's close to Arthrex and you can buy a 3000 plus square foot 3/2 with all new codes in place, pool, hot tub etc, and all the amenities.

It surprised me how big a bang for the buck you get.

Naplesfan

Old 08-29-2018, 05:43 PM

Thanks naplesfan. Looking up what you mean I should have specified being close to the arthrex on goodlette and immokalee. My work will be right there and we want to be close to the beach while having some land and no HOA.

Old 08-29-2018, 06:19 PM

192 posts, read 178,773 times
the only place I know that has 1 acre lots and is relatively close to the beach is Pine Ridge. I think you'll be out priced there but it's worth a look. There are also some nice homes on acreage directly E of the Industrial park across from Naples airport. I found them by accident one day.

Naplesfan

Old 08-29-2018, 09:11 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,089,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesTech View Post
Thank you for your insight tripower. Livingston Woods is out of our price range. Frankly there isn’t much availability in Logan or Oakes in our price range either. We are trying to find a house with the wider 1.5 acre or bigger lots in those areas and there isn’t much decent availability. I feel like I am checking Zillow for new listings 10 times a day. The area just west of 951 is nice but that extra 7 to 10 minute drive makes a big difference for me as commutes depress me (literally).
It's really not that far.

Oh, and I can relate to commutes being stressful. Mine is 180 miles...... One way.

Quote:
I’m admittedly starting to get frustrated and I’m hoping there is another gem of an area I haven’t found yet.
If you have to have over an acre, Oakes will be the closest to Arthrex, and Logan a tad further. The area in Unit 2 or off Weber will be, maximum, another 5 minutes beyond Logan.

Palm River has larger lots. I am not sure if there are any over an acre, but you can't get much closer to Arthrex.

Old 08-30-2018, 03:45 AM

92 posts, read 101,536 times
I think with that budget and desire for acreage, you'd have to go further east into GGE?
I'm looking for about the same budgetwise and no HOA, and there are many available like off randall east of Immokalee and wilson and Immokalee.

Distance is further though.
Going there this weekend to look actually.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:56 PM

214 posts, read 286,162 times
Yes, you may have to shoot for the best compromise. You can get the acre of land, you can get the price point (or close), you might be able to escape the HOA....but with those constraints, close to the beach and close to the Arthrex corner might have to be your bargaining chips. Bottom line is you're probably talking further out in the Estates, which means crawling toward Arthrex in traffic along Immokalee every day. People either love it out there....or not so much. (I was a "not so much" type.)

And we can all toss in our two cents, but hat you really need is a highly skilled realtor - no part time, side job hobbyist type - to scout the market for you.

Old 08-31-2018, 05:35 AM

331 posts, read 452,838 times
Don't get frustrated and be as open minded as possible. Everyone who wants to buy here, the first thing they say is that they want to be close to the beach. $400k might get you a lot close to the beach. Short commute anywhere down here, no way you are just going to have to deal with. A lot depends on your starting times. Collier County was never and never will be designed for ease of getting around.

Yes, Zillow is a start but I don't think you'll see much change day to day. Put your parameters in and see what you get because this is still a desirable market no matter what anyone tells you. List your desires from the most to least importance so you both understand what is important to you.

I may be sounding to negative but that is not what I'm about. I live in GGE off Immokalee but farther out than what you desire. I love it here and the two of us can't be any happier after all said. Close to the beach, no, but she's happy when I take her there once a month. She gets an extra visit when we are around for sunsets. 25 to 40 minutes to the beach depending on time of day and season. Good luck. If you have more questions, feed to this group, they know the area well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples