Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 10:43 AM

18,242 posts, read 8,043,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
. We're gonna update the kitchen,
Tri, since we've been taking in the neighborhood about moving....our neighbors have been looking too
...here's their main kitchen complaints you might want to consider

Hood not vented to the outside.
Sink on bar or counter visible to the whole room...way too small to hold all your dirty dishes
No place to put garbage can...no trash compactor
Not neutral colors....tan/white etc....strobey busy back splash that strobes on you...new cabinets in old dark colors
No under cabinet lighting

I realize we are in an extremely high price market here....but that's what they have talked about

...I hate to hear you guys are moving though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 11:47 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,069,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Tri, since we've been taking in the neighborhood about moving....our neighbors have been looking too
...here's their main kitchen complaints you might want to consider

Hood not vented to the outside.
Sink on bar or counter visible to the whole room...way too small to hold all your dirty dishes
No place to put garbage can...no trash compactor
Not neutral colors....tan/white etc....strobey busy back splash that strobes on you...new cabinets in old dark colors
No under cabinet lighting

I realize we are in an extremely high price market here....but that's what they have talked about

Good stuff! We're definitely updating the kitchen, and running some numbers as to the cost/benefit of knocking down a wall and going with an open floor plan in the main part of the house.

Quote:
...I hate to hear you guys are moving though
It's almost 2 decades too late. I always thought we were in our forever home, but the situation with my commute combined with the unfettered development of Northeast Collier has become untenable. I am gonna miss my 5 acres here.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:08 PM

I hate to say it, but I don't know how you managed to do that commute for so many years....I still laugh about the middle surprise turn lanes on 27

If you guys take that wall out, watch your flooring...another complaint is about too many different floors going on

Old 11-04-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I hate to say it, but I don't know how you managed to do that commute for so many years....
It's never been great, but the last few years it's gotten unbearable, even though I am down to twice per month.

That doesn't sound too bad, but 4 hours of aggravation before working 10-12 hours is taking it's toll, as is getting home at 2-4AM, which knocks me out for a day or 2 when I get home. Plus, due to some major changes in the way our schedules work, the amount of time I spend on my days off trying to pare it down from 4 to 2 commutes is staggering these days. It's also costing me a ton of money, both directly, and due to not being able to pick up extra work at the last minute. I'll easily get a $50-$80k per year raise living within an hour of MCO.

Quote:
I still laugh about the middle surprise turn lanes on 27
Don't remind me.... I have to head over to Hialeah next month. Not looking forward to it.

Quote:
If you guys take that wall out, watch your flooring...another complaint is about too many different floors going on
Most of the flooring in the house is getting replaced. In fact, the only one that isn't is the MBR, which I completely redid a few years ago. We've got 1150sq. ft. of worn out, glued down hardwood. It's gonna cost almost as much to get it removed as it will to replace it!

Old 11-04-2018, 02:44 PM

dang!...I didn't realize the money difference...that's a huge chunk....go for it...

I'm using a laminate from Lowes in all the apts in Miami....it's dirt cheap..less than $1 a foot....looks exactly like the old hardwood floors we grew up with...and doesn't look fake when it's down....so far even the worst tenants haven't been able to even scratch it....one apt had a flood, when it dried it sat right back down like nothing had happened to it at all

Take a look at it and see what you guys think about it....when people look at the apts they think it's a real wood floor

found it...... https://www.lowes.com/pd/Project-Sou...oring/50339646

Old 11-05-2018, 11:11 AM

192 posts, read 176,533 times
Check out Lumber liquidators. I did a Koa wood floor on a float pad. They have a lot of laminates and they beat both Lowes and Home Depot

Naplesfan

Old 11-05-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naplesfan View Post
Check out Lumber liquidators. I did a Koa wood floor on a float pad. They have a lot of laminates and they beat both Lowes and Home Depot

Naplesfan
They're great! I did the MBR floor with bamboo over the pad and we got the material from LL.

It was almost fun to install, especially compared to the glue down stuff I did 20 years ago. My son and I did a an 8x8 closet and 14x17 MBR floor in about 3 hours, most of which was spent walking back and forth from the driveway to make the end cuts. I didn't want sawdust all over the house, so we set up the miter saw outside. It took me longer to do the baseboards and 1/4 round than it took to lay the flooring. I've got some to do the office too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples