Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:00 PM

15 posts, read 46,527 times

Advertisements

My wife and I want to spend the month of Februaury (2009) in the Naples area. Can anyone suggest some places that may suit us??? We would like to rent a house or condo. We are 33 years old and enjoy the beach, boating, bicycle trails, a fitness center nearby would be nice as well. We plan on flying in and renting a car for this trip.....We are not night owls by any means but do enjoy some night life once in a while....

I have looked for a place on VRBO but cant figure out which neighborhood would be best for us.....

Thanks in advance for any advice.....I just found this website while trying to research this subject......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 08:06 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,481,687 times
there are too many places in naples that would suit you. A price range would be better to narrow it down, plus if you plan on having children and how long you plan on staying..

Old 04-19-2008, 06:24 AM

Thank you for your response......

We have NO kids and NO pets... We are non-smokers also.....We would like to spend $3000 +/- on a place......

ANY info would be appreciated, the name of a few neighborhoods or condo complexes or even street addresses so I can check places out on VRBO.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-19-2008, 06:25 AM

To answer your last question we can stay up to 4 weeks...........

Old 04-19-2008, 12:24 PM

11 posts, read 40,685 times
The best area to be in is Old Naples or anywhere west of Rt. 41; but there are plenty of nice condos available for sale and/or rent east of 41, in fact LOTS due to the slow-down in condo sales right now. You might contact local realtors like Premiere or John Wood and inquire about seasonal rentals. Don't forget that you can try to negotiate the price down a bit with the owners through the realtor (worked for me a number of years ago). Or, better yet, take a mini-vacation and go to Naples this summer and look around yourself to see what's available. There are nice hotels on Rt. 41 where you could stay. Residence Inn is one that comes to mind. In old Naples, some people put "seasonal rental" signs out with a phone number to call for information. Good luck!

Old 04-19-2008, 04:48 PM

Thank you for the info. We wont be able to make it down before next year.... That is why we are trying to research it before we get there so we dont end up in an area we dont belong.....I will look into the Old Naples area.... Thanks for the names of the realtors....I will contact them this week.

We prefer condos or houses instead of a hotel although we have stayed several Residence Inns that were very nice.........

Any other suggestions????????????

We are really excited to be able to do this trip and want to plan it out the best we can.....

Thanks a bunch

Old 04-19-2008, 10:42 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,886,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH1 View Post
My wife and I want to spend the month of Februaury (2009) in the Naples area.

Just go to [URL="http://www.naplesarea.com"]Naples Area Board of Realtors - Naples Realtor in Florida[/URL] , select Find a Home, and then select Homes for Rent and enter your price range. The less preferences you select, the more listings you'll get. The rentals will indicate if they're annual or seasonal. Seasonal always means turnkey furnished (at least it should) but that doesn't mean you'll get housekeeping services. Of course, you can always ask.

I'm not sure if Olde Naples would be my suggestion, although it's very pretty and close to the beach. It's also close to restaurants, shops, museums and nightly entertainment. I love it. However, it really depends on whether you want a quaint cottage, small apartment or a luxurious condo/home for your money. I paid $800 a week for a tiny 1950s home that didn't even have a closet (no kidding) in Old Naples over 12 years ago. $3,000 is a lot to me, but for a Feb rental in Olde Naples it's not much for 4 weeks. However, as Whitman said, there are many beautiful rentals available in that price range closeby. Just start by looking at the Board of Realtors link I posted.

You wrote "Naples area" so I'm not sure if you are also considering Bonita Springs or Marco Island. Also, everyone has a different idea of what a vacation should be. You probably already know that Naples is a very upscale city with lots of golf course communities. It has everything a person needs from malls to supermarkets to white, sandy beaches. However, Sanibel or Captiva would be my choice for a couple of weeks if you're not big night owls and enjoy riding your bikes in a safe area. I haven't lived there for a while, but for me it was a great escape from the rat race. It's also very romantic. You might want to stay on Sanibel Island for a week and then drive to Naples. Many condo communities in Naples will only allow rentals for a minimum of one month, however, so you'll get a better deal by staying the whole month. Anyway, in case you are interested, here's the link to the Chamber of Commerce with a list of accommodations. [URL="http://www.sanibel-captiva.org/"]Official Sanibel Island & Captiva Island, Florida Chamber of Commerce. Visitor, Accommodations, Dining, Shopping, Entertainment & Local Business Information[/URL]

Good luck!

Last edited by justNancy; 04-19-2008 at 11:58 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 04-20-2008, 05:34 AM

This is just the kind of information we are looking for!!!!

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond...........More websites to digest.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:29 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,770,626 times
If 3K is just your housing budget then I agree with the others. Old Naples will be a good location.

Be prepared-that is the height of tourist season so the roads, stores, restauarnts, everything will be packed. You will definitely be the yougest in the neighborhood.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:26 AM

11 posts, read 40,685 times
If you're still interested in Old Naples and should find a place that interests you, post the address and I'll be glad to do a drive-by. Mapquest and googlemap are great helps but nothing beats an appraising eye from someone who's there in person. As for "old people" living in Naples, so what? It doesn't stop my friends in their 10's, 20's, 30's and 40's from having a great time in this area that's famous for its charm, parks, beauty, weather, nature, bike trails, downtown, restaurants, beach, and other amenities. Yes February is part of the busy winter season (March is busier) and the roads get crowded but there's plenty of room for everybody. One thing though, if you're party animals, Key West or Miami might be better for you because Naples doesn't have the extensive nightlife those places have. I love Florida in February, even Disney. I guess I'm just hooked on the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples