Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 09:20 AM

173 posts, read 360,463 times

Advertisements

Looking for an area to move to in North Naples area. I have listed some key points that are important to me. If anyone could advise of areas that would be better suited or even point out areas to avoid that would be great.

- South as Mercato area, to North as Estero area (prefer west of 75)
- Single Family Home (fenced in yard, so some communities would be out)
- Price of Houses 250k-500k
- Restaurants and Shopping within a short drive ( < 10 Mins )
- High Density of People Age Range 20-40
- Safe Neighborhood

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2019, 04:12 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,215,172 times
I’m a 31 year old local realtor, who has lived here in North Naples for 5 years now. Let me crush that high density of 20-40 dream right now for you and tell you no where in Naples or even in Bonita/Estero is there a high density of 20-40’s lol. That’s one of the biggest con’s I have of Naples, is even though I’m an old soul I do miss the younger energy from younger people on a daily basis. Sure you can go drive to Tampa a short ways away, or even stay local and hang around FGCU in Fort Myers at the gulf coast center mall, but 20-40 years olds are probably the LEAST represented demographic in general in all of swfl.

Now that could and probably will change 10-20 years from now as the old people keep dying, but it’s either all retirees or middle age families with young children as of right now.

Naples Park might be a good place to at least start your search because it fits all your criteria and then you have a good reference point to start comparing other places as well. Naples Park is more blue collar then your typical Naples community, fenced in yards, very very close to the beaches and actually directly across the street from the Mercato.

Old 12-20-2019, 02:54 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,959,824 times
The average age in Naples is 65.9 years old lol. They make up the highest age demographic brackets. You will be outnumbered greatly by retirees and 90 year olds going 35 in the fast lane in a 45 zone.. Expect to be the youngest person in any given store at any given time lol. We moved out of Naples and went back for a visit and never ever was it more apparent how “old” Naples is than when you leave and go back. We live in a city now and all we see are young people. Naples shuts down at like 10:30z

Try Naples Park, Pelican Marsh, Four Seasons, Victoria Park.. all in the 34108 or 34109 zips which is associated with NN. Good luck on nightlife and young gatherings tho lol. Maybe pick up a craft.. like knitting to fit in ..

Old 12-21-2019, 10:01 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,354,693 times
Bonita is definitely an older demo and its a smaller town. Estero will have a younger population since its near FGCU. Stoneybrook (although just East of 75) is a great gated family community with lots of families living there (there is a highly rated elementary school just outside the gates and the residents have access to it to pick up their kids).

for Naples, Victoria Park is an amazing neighborhood for families. What they put on during Halloween and Christmas is remarkable. People move there to be a part of that. Homes are quite large too, so your $500k would go a long way there. Its not gated but very close to shopping and its West of 75 and in 'North Naples', very close to Mercato.

I would avoid the communities with mandatory golf, they will cater more to snowbirds and retirees. Yes, Naples has an older demo compared to other parts of FL. If you want young and nightlife, then you have to move to Ft Lauderdale or Miami or Tampa or maybe Sarasota.

SW FL is a great place to live. We are Real Estate Brokers & Trainers, relocated from Miami last year and love it. We don't care for nightlife and my 4 year old son is now an amazing golfer so it couldn't have worked out any better for us. Our $1800/mo rent now gets us a newer 3/3 with 2 car garage in gated neighborhood...that $1800 used to get a small 2/2 near the city of Miami or a larger 3/2 in an area that at night, you don't wanna go on long walks

Old 12-23-2019, 11:30 AM

731 posts, read 724,540 times
Ignore anything SourBottoms writes. She’s just an angry woman who made poor life choices and blames everyone but the guilty party.

Our daughter moved here five years ago and loves it. She says the nightlife is great especially after snowbirds leave.

Just stay away from Living along Immokalee Rd.

Old 12-23-2019, 12:24 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,959,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkItUp View Post
Ignore anything SourBottoms writes. She’s just an angry woman who made poor life choices and blames everyone but the guilty party.

Our daughter moved here five years ago and loves it. She says the nightlife is great especially after snowbirds leave.

Just stay away from Living along Immokalee Rd.
Haaa.. shadddddd uppp.. I literally echoed the previous poster to me and you didn’t say **** about them.. get lost, man.

Old 12-23-2019, 01:29 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,237,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
The average age in Naples is 65.9 years old lol. They make up the highest age demographic brackets. You will be outnumbered greatly by retirees and 90 year olds going 35 in the fast lane in a 45 zone.. Expect to be the youngest person in any given store at any given time lol. We moved out of Naples and went back for a visit and never ever was it more apparent how “old” Naples is than when you leave and go back. We live in a city now and all we see are young people. Naples shuts down at like 10:30z

Try Naples Park, Pelican Marsh, Four Seasons, Victoria Park.. all in the 34108 or 34109 zips which is associated with NN. Good luck on nightlife and young gatherings tho lol. Maybe pick up a craft.. like knitting to fit in ..
Just one correction - the average age in the CITY OF NAPLES is 65. No disagreement there. Median age in all of Collier is closer to 50. So still a bit more challenging for a 20-40 range but a lot depends on income as well as community.

Old 12-24-2019, 07:57 AM

92 posts, read 101,502 times
I don't know, I see a lot of younger people here now, moreso than 10 years ago.
Nowhere near a major metropolitan community but I think it's not that bad.

Old 12-24-2019, 08:14 AM

173 posts, read 360,463 times
Thank you everyone for all of the replies. Seems like this is going to be more difficult than first thought.

Was really hoping there would be a cut and dry say 2 or 3 small areas to concentrate on, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I have added and changed a couple things on the list, maybe this will help a little or maybe not.

- South as Naples Airport, to North as FGCU (prefer west of 75) (No further than 30 min drive to Mercato)
- Single Family Home with ability to Fence in Yard
- Price of Houses 200k-450k (up to 450k all in, including renno)
- Restaurants and Shopping within a short drive ( < 10 Mins )
- High Density of People Age Range 20-40
- Safe Neighborhood
- Fixer Upper is Ok (mild - moderate)
- No Pond or Swamp water in back yard (gator hangouts)
- No Heavy Dense Jungle directly abutting property (snake hangouts)
- At least a 1 car garage (or room to add one)
- Private Pool (or able to put one in)
- No Golf Communities
- If Community is HOA -> MAX HOA 2500 Annual
- Family neighborhoods are Not important (personally I have no kids)

Old 12-24-2019, 01:43 PM

4,788 posts, read 10,607,775 times
Reads like a term paper assignment...
Maybe do some vigorous on line searching, realtor.com, et al, or contact a few RE agents with your wish list.
GL, mD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples