Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2020, 06:03 AM

11 posts, read 10,036 times

Advertisements

We are going to be hiring Prestige Artificial Turf ( Naples ) To do an artificial turf installation

So, tired of dealing with grass cutting issues. Now, our grass in the back is patchy and dead. Also, everytime, they come out to trim small grass area around the pool and then cut the rear yard - we have to make sure the lanai doors and gate is unlocked. ( Always forget and its always an issue ) Our poodle, Ranier always seems to escape The landscape crew is constantly getting grass clippings in the pool and spa.
Questions:
1) This should eliminate all of these petty headaches?
2) The upfront cost at around $8 a sq ft is about right or expensive?
3) Anyone around Port Royal have this stuff installed and how do you like it?

Thanks!

Last edited by handywoman; 02-10-2020 at 06:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 07:59 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
It's still not 100% headache free, but it is much much much less work. You will eventually still get some weeds that make their way through the membranes, so you can either stay on top of it and hand pick them or spray a weed killer. This isn't too often though. If it's a small area and you have dog(s), you will need to occasionally spray an enzyme spray that attaches to your hose to kill odors. Once again, this isn't often though. I'd say the main thing is to make sure the installers have proper drainage because you can get mold, fungus, stuff built up... I've never had it as I used a really good brand that deals with drainage and the installers were really professional, same stuff Cesar Milan (the dog whisperer) uses, so I never had any of those issues, but I have heard some people say they experienced them.

Old 02-11-2020, 06:47 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,217,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by handywoman View Post
We are going to be hiring Prestige Artificial Turf ( Naples ) To do an artificial turf installation

So, tired of dealing with grass cutting issues. Now, our grass in the back is patchy and dead. Also, everytime, they come out to trim small grass area around the pool and then cut the rear yard - we have to make sure the lanai doors and gate is unlocked. ( Always forget and its always an issue ) Our poodle, Ranier always seems to escape The landscape crew is constantly getting grass clippings in the pool and spa.
Questions:
1) This should eliminate all of these petty headaches?
2) The upfront cost at around $8 a sq ft is about right or expensive?
3) Anyone around Port Royal have this stuff installed and how do you like it?

Thanks!

1st world rich white people problems lol.... awwwwww. Grass clippings in the pool and spa.... must be nice, I’ll get to this level one day!

Old 02-11-2020, 12:28 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
1st world rich white people problems lol.... awwwwww. Grass clippings in the pool and spa.... must be nice, I’ll get to this level one day!

And people in 3rd world countries listening to "poor" americans be like, "waaaaah i can't get the newest iphone, life is so unfair, god hates me, nobody knows my suffering, so i refuse to work until i get paid at least $25 per hour and until then I'm just gonna make tax payers subsidize my food and rent"

Old 02-11-2020, 07:20 PM

331 posts, read 453,374 times
So has the Forum become just the life of Mutt and Jeff or is this an OPEN Forum. Just thought I'd asked. I thought I lied in Paradise.

Old 02-12-2020, 06:42 AM

11 posts, read 10,036 times
Our pool caged area is like an extension of our house and most days the whole back of the house is wide open during the cooler months. Being out in the pool on my float and watching Netflix is a fun relaxing day, being disturbed by lawnmowers while I'm doing this is extremely annoying. My peace and privacy is constantly being interrupted ( small engine noise ) no matter what month! And, then they come in the caged lanai and get to landscaping the planter beds and they are out there for over an hour. This Prestige Artificial turf should eliminate this. We'll go with statues and or beautiful glazed pots with low maintenance plantings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples