Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 05:28 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,215,892 times

Advertisements

Rant:

A huge divide is forming in our country where a lot of people think we shouldn’t sacrifice the greater economy to save lives while others of course agree with the drastic measures all federal and state governments are taking to slow the spread of this virus.

I think Collier county like a lot of other government body officials are on a bit of a power trip and shutting down the beaches entirely IMO is an example of taking things way too far! I agree shutting down the public parking areas, garages, piers, and trams are the right thing to do and will no doubt keep the mass crowds officials don’t want away, but for local people who live here and want to still ride their own bike or walk down to the beach, that’s not even allowed now? Wow. Power trip and completely unnecessary!

Our Federal and state governments are hypocritical! They care so much about lives but continue to allow cigarettes to be legal..... Or how about the many lives lost in car accidents each year, what if we drastically lowered the speed limits to curb that problem??? No that would be too disruptive to everyday life if you could only drive 35mph on 41 or 55mph on 75!

Let’s shut down the beaches entirely but keep grocery stores open where people stand in lines .5 feet apart from one another............

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 03-20-2020 at 05:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 09:02 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
Rant:

A huge divide is forming in our country where a lot of people think we shouldn’t sacrifice the greater economy to save lives while others of course agree with the drastic measures all federal and state governments are taking to slow the spread of this virus.

I think Collier county like a lot of other government body officials are on a bit of a power trip and shutting down the beaches entirely IMO is an example of taking things way too far! I agree shutting down the public parking areas, garages, piers, and trams are the right thing to do and will no doubt keep the mass crowds officials don’t want away, but for local people who live here and want to still ride their own bike or walk down to the beach, that’s not even allowed now? Wow. Power trip and completely unnecessary!

Our Federal and state governments are hypocritical! They care so much about lives but continue to allow cigarettes to be legal..... Or how about the many lives lost in car accidents each year, what if we drastically lowered the speed limits to curb that problem??? No that would be too disruptive to everyday life if you could only drive 35mph on 41 or 55mph on 75!

Let’s shut down the beaches entirely but keep grocery stores open where people stand in lines .5 feet apart from one another............
They had to shut the beaches because the idiots on spring break just wouldn't leave.

Charlotte county doesn't care and is continuing to put everyone at risk.

The entire country should have been shut down a week ago, we're not taking this serious enough.

If the morons had left, the beaches should stay open to locals only. But unfortunately they had to close them.

I'm with you on the 'this county did this vs that county', that comes from the top though. DeSantis should have made 1 policy for everyone. Miami Beach shut down before Ft Myers? Really? Its just mind boggling...

Regarding grocery stores, trader joe's at least has a 50 person max and each person is given a sanitized cart. Publix needs to step up, they're making a killing and are a private company.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:14 AM

214 posts, read 286,237 times
From what I hear, last night 5th Ave S. and 3rd St. were loaded with people dining out.

And I'd bet $5 these were not kids on spring break.

Shutting down beaches came late in the game. Keeping restaurants, bars, etc. open is pure negligence. Even in Naples.

Old 03-20-2020, 10:51 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,245,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnc99 View Post
From what I hear, last night 5th Ave S. and 3rd St. were loaded with people dining out.

And I'd bet $5 these were not kids on spring break.

Shutting down beaches came late in the game. Keeping restaurants, bars, etc. open is pure negligence. Even in Naples.
What else would seniors do if they couldn’t play bunco or pickleball?

Old 03-20-2020, 11:36 AM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
They had to shut the beaches because the idiots on spring break just wouldn't leave.
yes, and when they shut one beach...the idiot kids just move to another

...when the rumor hit about closing Miami beaches....the damn brats exited to the Keys

now they are shutting down the Keys as of Sunday...all non residents out....and talking about a roadblock in Florida City

Old 03-21-2020, 04:19 AM

731 posts, read 724,908 times
Blaming 18 & 19 yr old for partying on the beach is folly. 99% of them get their money from mommy & daddy who booked the room, the flight and gave them the money to go party with their friends. Blame the parents. “Have fun Skylar and Hunter just don’t get arrested or pregnant.” None of you at 19 would have done anything different than these kids.

Old 03-21-2020, 08:33 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,245,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkItUp View Post
Blaming 18 & 19 yr old for partying on the beach is folly. 99% of them get their money from mommy & daddy who booked the room, the flight and gave them the money to go party with their friends. Blame the parents. “Have fun Skylar and Hunter just don’t get arrested or pregnant.” None of you at 19 would have done anything different than these kids.
I know I would have done differently but mommy and daddy didn’t pay for anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples