Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 11:47 AM

3 posts, read 10,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
I have tried 9-10 smoothies and all were perfect. I went to planet smoothie, not as good...
Ask for Jason next time at the one by the movie theater if one was screwed up there he'll fix the problem. PM me your info and I can pass it along to them as I'm friends with the owner there and I'll make sure you get taken care of. TS and PS are the only ones that are going to be around soon as SK is going out of business or at least trying to sell but have no takers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 08:10 PM

3 posts, read 6,966 times
I have lived in Naples for two years, having moved from the UK. Sure, it is expensive but it is also the safest, cleanest and best maintained town in Florida. There are so many negative comments about Naples that I find it hard to reconcile the town I have lived in with what is being said.
Try living in London where there are half a dozen knife attacks a day..I have travelled extensively all over Florida and Naples is the one town where I do not hesitate to let my daughter stay out at night....the police might be over zealous, but I cannot remember the last time there was a street mugging. It's not perfect.the driving skills of most people suck, but that seems to be a Florida thing.
Naples has much to offer....I've not regrets.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:15 PM

3 posts, read 6,966 times
Naples is by far the best place to live in Florida. Having moved here two years ago from London, it is by far the safest and cleanest city I have ever visited. Yes, there are a lot of snowbirds in season, but the money they bring ensures Naples remains pristine and not blighted like so many other towns in Florida. Any of those complaining on this site should take a drive to Orlando and places like Clermont !!

There is so much on offer in Naples, and plenty to do for kids. How many other towns have their own waterpark-- its a mini wet and wild. Schools are good, facilities excellent.

One gripe is the standard of driving, but that seems to be a problem all over Florida. I wish I'd moved here 20 years ago. It is an oasis.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:22 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Ok, we get it, you like Naples... Yes the driving is terrible anywhere in Florida, no one uses common sense or any type of common courtesy. I just don't see where Naples is better than any other place in Florida, Sarasota is a TON better. People live in Naples because of its name... Woopie!

I can go to Walmart and buy a can of Chef Boy Ardee brand Ravioli's, and for less buy Walmarts brand.... Same thing in a different can, get it??? Why pay for Naples when you can get cheaper but the same quality in Vero Beach, or Cape Coral, or St Augustine..... Naples has thier own issues now. Corrupt police departments always in the news, hiring child rapists to do school maintenance.... Nice... Two thumbs up.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:49 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
I know I do a lot of bragging about this place, but I will make a case to say that Weston (which is the second town after Naples on the Alley) is cleaner and safer than Naples. Actually I'm not sure if I have ever seen a cleaner looking city, to the point of absolute sterility. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Naples isn't the only clean looking area in Florida. In the county that I live in there is a street called University Dr and there is zero blight west of that road.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:58 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I know I do a lot of bragging about this place, but I will make a case to say that Weston (which is the second town after Naples on the Alley) is cleaner and safer than Naples. Actually I'm not sure if I have ever seen a cleaner looking city, to the point of absolute sterility. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Naples isn't the only clean looking area in Florida. In the county that I live in there is a street called University Dr and there is zero blight west of that road.
Agree 100%... Some people think Naples is the only perfect place and everyone else lives in dumpy towns and if you are in "Naples" you are "all that"... I lived in Naples unfortunatley, and never cared for it. Ever been to southeast Naples? What a dump that is, drug infested... nasty.

I have been through Weston a few years back to buy a minivan and it is REALLY nice.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:10 AM

185 posts, read 652,826 times
Default Hope It Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrico777 View Post
Hi everyone we are a couple from Norway/ New york with 2 kids that just moved down to naples/ bonita springs about 1 month ago, we were here many times last year on vacation and loved it. I see a lot of negative posts about naples and we are right smack in the middle. We have taken the plunge knowing only one couple before we moved and basically have no friends or anything yet. I am being positive and i feel that we will be happy down here. we bought a house and hopefully we didnt make the wrong move. I hope that all the negative comments dont play in on us, i feel like there is tons of stuff to do but we just have to get involved in different clubs/churches etc.
Any advice on cool places to meet people couples preferably with kids or not?
my wife is 25 and im 32 we would love to meet other couples in the same scenario as us also if possible!
If I had young ones I'd home school them. Not long ago I watched a Spelling Bee. There were about 4 Naples public schools represented and the home schooled as well. The one who won was home schooled, and so was the runner-up.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:37 AM

15 posts, read 73,061 times
Default Geographical Observation

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I know I do a lot of bragging about this place, but I will make a case to say that Weston (which is the second town after Naples on the Alley) is cleaner and safer than Naples.
But wait! Weston is on the east side. We're interested in Naples, on the WEST side, and ANYthing positive about it.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:02 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by square-deal View Post
But wait! Weston is on the east side. We're interested in Naples, on the WEST side, and ANYthing positive about it.
I was just making an observation about the other poster stating that "most" areas in Florida are blighted. Analogies such as "cesspool" and "hell hole" are often used to describe the east coast yet look at said city and cities surrounding it. The main reason I used Weston is because it's the first city you hit on 75 after Naples, and it happens to be a good deal safer too (no hometown bias, I swear). Naples is a very clean city no doubt and Collier County is (as a whole) very safe but I was just responding to the other poster who stated that Naples is the "safest city in Florida". I do feel that Naples gets trashed way more than it should. Is it for me? No, but it's still an all around decent place for a childless couple who wants a kind of upscale vibe with a slow pace. It isn't the pit of hell like I have seen people suggest.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:15 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,789,284 times
Default Here are some positives

Quote:
Originally Posted by square-deal View Post
-Nice beaches
-Nice winter weather
-Shopping and dining across the spectrum
-Easy traffic in the summer
-Reasonable housing (finally)
-Most areas are safe
-Generally a clean town

It would help to know where your job is so we can make suggestions as to housing, unless you have signed a lease with Serano.

This will make a HUGE difference as far as your commute goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples