U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-18-2008, 08:45 PM
 
553 posts, read 1,847,588 times
Reputation: 104

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
Lets see how long you will enjoy the "new challenges" down here. It's definitely challenged...
Are you from Boston ?????????
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-18-2008, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Amherst, MA
3,636 posts, read 9,137,083 times
Reputation: 1759
CLOSE, Western Massachusetts... Not from Boston, they are obnoxious out there. Most of them.

Why?


Quote:
Originally Posted by NY62 View Post
Are you from Boston ?????????
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2008, 08:05 AM
 
3,842 posts, read 9,934,815 times
Reputation: 3201
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
CLOSE, Western Massachusetts... Not from Boston, they are obnoxious out there.
My dh says the same thing. He is very adament about people knowing western Mass is not at all like Boston.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2008, 07:07 PM
 
Location: The Conterminous United States
22,583 posts, read 50,631,954 times
Reputation: 13548
I'm from central Mass. So what? It's Mass., and I am proud to be from there. I have no idea what that has to do with Naples, FL.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2008, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Amherst, MA
3,636 posts, read 9,137,083 times
Reputation: 1759
Don't forget who posted that... We are not as smart as that person, or make as much money, and we need to look in the mirror to figure out why we are not as great as they are, or we can't get jobs. It has nothing to do with Naples, just another idiotic comment. Great, now we have "state racism" on here... I love where I am from too and very proud of being from Massachusetts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I'm from central Mass. So what? It's Mass., and I am proud to be from there. I have no idea what that has to do with Naples, FL.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2008, 05:26 PM
 
384 posts, read 1,487,543 times
Reputation: 130
What about crime in Naples-Marco Island ?

I'm curious about the possibility of "bargain shopping" in the next year or so for a condo in the area to rent out. Are there particular parts of town to avoid regarding crime ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2008, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Amherst, MA
3,636 posts, read 9,137,083 times
Reputation: 1759
Stay away from Golden Gate in Naples, and south Naples near Davis... Nasty areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatex View Post
What about crime in Naples-Marco Island ?

I'm curious about the possibility of "bargain shopping" in the next year or so for a condo in the area to rent out. Are there particular parts of town to avoid regarding crime ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2008, 06:55 AM
 
Location: Full time in the RV
3,223 posts, read 7,097,734 times
Reputation: 2959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatex View Post
What about crime in Naples-Marco Island ?

I'm curious about the possibility of "bargain shopping" in the next year or so for a condo in the area to rent out. Are there particular parts of town to avoid regarding crime ?
A beachfront condo or in any of the gated communities will be fine.

If you are looking to rent seasonally then the closer to the Gulf the better.

There are no bad areas on Marco.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2008, 06:58 PM
 
7 posts, read 4,961 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatex View Post
What about crime in Naples-Marco Island ?

I'm curious about the possibility of "bargain shopping" in the next year or so for a condo in the area to rent out. Are there particular parts of town to avoid regarding crime ?

you do not have to avoid ALL of golden gate.. Avoid Golden Gate city, and Naples Manor. Thats really the only places that you won't feel safe enough probably. Right now there are TONS of condos to rent and you can find lots for little. Its even a great time to buy. Don't listen to all the horror stories, most are here and unhappy because they were dragged here or because it didn't live up to their expectations so they're bent on making the whole place look horrible.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2008, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Amherst, MA
3,636 posts, read 9,137,083 times
Reputation: 1759
Been here for 14 years almost... You have to admit the state is not like it was back when... Wasn't dragged here either. It lived up to my expectations until everything started falling apart.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Come_on_now View Post
you do not have to avoid ALL of golden gate.. Avoid Golden Gate city, and Naples Manor. Thats really the only places that you won't feel safe enough probably. Right now there are TONS of condos to rent and you can find lots for little. Its even a great time to buy. Don't listen to all the horror stories, most are here and unhappy because they were dragged here or because it didn't live up to their expectations so they're bent on making the whole place look horrible.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top