Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2022, 11:32 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,524,546 times

Advertisements

Seacrest, Rosemary Beach, Seaside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2022, 10:16 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Another thought might be Key Largo or Islamorada. Good options in that price bracket and enough to do to stay busy if wanted. https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...95,11&qdm=true

Old 03-29-2022, 10:48 AM

1,848 posts, read 3,724,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
Seacrest, Rosemary Beach, Seaside.
Not on her budget. Not for full time living anyway. I have been shopping that area for 5 years now and $1M won't get you much. Currently a 372 sq ft studio in Seacrest (which is the cheapest of the three) is going for almost $500K. A 1300 sq foot is going for $975K, but its a new listing and I imagine it will go for much higher. Average qtrly HOA fees in the area run about $3-4K a year and higher in Seaside and Rosemary.

She doesn't mention if she minds being in a completely rental community, which most retirees don't seem to want. There are some non rental communities along 30a, but if they don't come with deeded beach (which drives up the price) you are competing with tourists for beach space, parking space, groceries etc.! Seaside has become a nightmare to even visit. We stay out there last fall and even then it was swamped nightly. People parking in front of our rental etc, hoping they don't get towed.

Old 03-30-2022, 05:00 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,811,551 times
I agree with everything you said about Seaside- we were also there in the fall and it was totally overrun with families on fall break. Rosemary and Watercolor were the same.

Old 04-02-2022, 09:48 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyrn View Post
I agree with everything you said about Seaside- we were also there in the fall & was totally overrun with families on fall break. Rosemary and Watercolor were the same.
And for those high prices, most of the homes are frame...not cinder block. I prefer block w/ flat cement tile roofs in hurricane-prone areas.

The ppsqft there for frame is insane imho. We took a pass on Santa Rosa Beach. Also, the public beach parking & facilities are sorely lacking. Private property owners are cordoning off the beaches too...huge beach wars ongoing there.

I dont know of a more affordable alternative to Naples now...3-4 years ago yes, but no more. Heck, there are very few affordable coastal towns anywhere in Florida anymore unless they are remote, like parts of Hutchinson Island, & areas just North of the Sebastian inlet. Dunedin is nice, but not cheap anymore, and that is a cooler temperate zone. I liked Vero Beach until the plan for high-speed trains rumbling right through the center of town came about...used to be called Brite-line...not sure of latest name, but that ruined Vero for me. Stuart's nice...worth a look.

Forget cheap in coastal Florida near sandy beaches...its all gone.

Old 04-02-2022, 09:50 AM

2,327 posts, read 2,276,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Another thought might be Key Largo or Islamorada. Good options in that price bracket and enough to do to stay busy if wanted. https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...95,11&qdm=true
I disagree, the upper keys aren’t as nice as Naples.

Old 04-04-2022, 12:30 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Of all that has been mentioned, I'd go with Sarasota over Naples. I love Naples and work over there on and off but it is too slow for me.

Downtown Sarasota would be really nice.

Old 04-04-2022, 12:45 PM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Try downtown Venice condo's. Zip code 34285

Old 04-05-2022, 10:36 PM

234 posts, read 387,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Of all that has been mentioned, I'd go with Sarasota over Naples. I love Naples and work over there on and off but it is too slow for me.

Downtown Sarasota would be really nice.
I'd also take Sarasota over Naples. Sarasota and the surrounding island towns are a bigger and better Naples. The St. Armands Circle is basically the same thing as Naples 5th Avenue plus Sarasota has younger hipper areas like Siesta Key and downtown Sarasota. The beaches also look better in the Sarasota area.

Old 04-06-2022, 10:35 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Maybe so, in which case I’d agree. If he’s saying Naples has more to do than Sarasota I’d like to hear his case for that assertion.
Big selling point for Sarasota it's quite a bit closer to Tampa and St. Pete as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples