Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2022, 12:58 PM

2 posts, read 7,243 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm considering building in the estates area, possibly around the Immokalee and Randall Blvd area. I'm not familiar with this area or what to look out for/look for in buying vacant land. I would greatly appreciate any tips, advice etc.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2022, 12:27 PM

92 posts, read 101,502 times
Lots of development coming to that area, plus a major redesign on the intersection there.
Are you talking house, or commercial development you're considering?

Old 06-08-2022, 06:03 PM

211 posts, read 140,205 times
^ Please, NOBODY respond. We have already have too much development in Florida. Please DO NOT help this poster.

Old 06-09-2022, 07:23 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,354,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0key View Post
^ Please, NOBODY respond. We have already have too much development in Florida. Please DO NOT help this poster.
There are large swaths of land empty throughout Collier County & Lee County. Trying to get someone to refuse answer a question is flat out ridiculous.

I love the 'we're full' crowd. Its ok for you to live here but not ok for him to build a home here and raise his family

Old 06-23-2022, 01:07 PM

2 posts, read 7,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot1959 View Post
Lots of development coming to that area, plus a major redesign on the intersection there.
Commercial - specifically, affordable rentals for seniors 55 and older.

Old 06-23-2022, 03:12 PM

92 posts, read 101,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen88coco View Post
Commercial - specifically, affordable rentals for seniors 55 and older.

I believe an apartment complex has been approved for that area already.
I'm not sure if it's affordable housing, but I'm pretty sure it's not an only over 55 complex.

Old 03-06-2023, 01:54 AM

6 posts, read 12,926 times
Default redesign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot1959 View Post
where did you hear about the redesign??

Old 04-09-2023, 07:29 AM

89 posts, read 70,568 times
I live in the area and locals fought the construction that is underway at the Randal intersection which will include low income housing and some retail. There is also a huge development underway further up Oilwell Rd. that has room for thousands of homes or hundreds with a golf course. I even heard an airstrip is planned. I wouldn't choose this area for an over 55 community simply because of the distance to any significant retail and hospitals, on arguably the busiest road in Collier county. While Publix has a store planned on Oilwell Rd., it won't be enough for the amount of construction going on. The county has three roads East to West planned, however only the Vanderbuilt extension is the only one that has started. There are very few snowbirds here so the traffic is consistent year round.

Even though we get tons of rain in summer, it amazes me that there is enough quality water 40 to 80' under ground with every home having it's own septic field. At some point, the county will have to provide a sewer plant and public water supply, though there is a big push for incorporating Golden Gates into it's own town.

Old 04-12-2023, 02:24 PM

89 posts, read 70,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyanylitics View Post
I live in the area and locals fought the construction that is underway at the Randal intersection which will include low income housing and some retail. There is also a huge development underway further up Oilwell Rd. that has room for thousands of homes or hundreds with a golf course. I even heard an airstrip is planned. I wouldn't choose this area for an over 55 community simply because of the distance to any significant retail and hospitals, on arguably the busiest road in Collier county. While Publix has a store planned on Oilwell Rd., it won't be enough for the amount of construction going on. The county has three roads East to West planned, however only the Vanderbuilt extension is the only one that has started. There are very few snowbirds here so the traffic is consistent year round.

Even though we get tons of rain in summer, it amazes me that there is enough quality water 40 to 80' under ground with every home having it's own septic field. At some point, the county will have to provide a sewer plant and public water supply, though there is a big push for incorporating Golden Gates into it's own town.

Wanted to add to my post so I am quoting it.

The Immokolee, Randal area has horrendous traffic. Just today a little rain and three accidents backed up Immokolee from Randal to 951. And the proposed infrastructure improvements in roads will not help too much since the arteries needed to feed the new roads will be a choking point for traffic. There is also a new water park that will be close to the new Publix on Oilwell, one street up , 39th ne.by the fairgrounds.

I hate to say it but this area is shot! If the Tomato farms get developed, Ava Maria will be shot as well.
Collier County has to stop!!! A moratorium on all new construction has to be put before the Town, and forced down their throats. Where is the Conservancy or Audubon? They managed to stop developing the south blocks. Maybe they can get more State money to stop development out to rt 29

Old 04-13-2023, 08:50 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,088,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyanylitics View Post
Wanted to add to my post so I am quoting it.

The Immokolee, Randal area has horrendous traffic. Just today a little rain and three accidents backed up Immokolee from Randal to 951. And the proposed infrastructure improvements in roads will not help too much since the arteries needed to feed the new roads will be a choking point for traffic. There is also a new water park that will be close to the new Publix on Oilwell, one street up , 39th ne.by the fairgrounds.

I hate to say it but this area is shot! If the Tomato farms get developed, Ava Maria will be shot as well.
Collier County has to stop!!! A moratorium on all new construction has to be put before the Town, and forced down their throats. Where is the Conservancy or Audubon? They managed to stop developing the south blocks. Maybe they can get more State money to stop development out to rt 29
The writing was on the wall at least 20 years ago, and it started getting noticeably and then, exponentially worse, about 10 years ago.

The lack of major road connectivity in SWFL is beyond criminal.

Anyone that was paying the least bit of attention could easily see that not eliminating multiple choke points between highly trafficked areas was going to be, and has become, a major issue.

5 years ago last month, it hit critical mass for me, when I could no longer get to work reliably. And I was only commuting twice per month.

There has been need for more access within, and out of the county for decades now. the powers that be completely ignore it, while continuing to allow unfettered overdevelopment.

Collier needs to re read BOC minutes from the early 70's. Those folks understood what rampant over development would do to the county and put measures in place to thwart it somewhat. Mainly restricting GGE lot division to no less than 2.25 acres. The state helped by buying back the south blocks and the Fakahatchee, all of which were destined to become part of GGE.

Nowadays, they're trying to rezone parts of the estates for high density, as if there isn't all ready too much of that nonsense in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples