Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 08:15 PM

37 posts, read 44,491 times

Advertisements

Supposedly East Naples is the "rough" side of town and it has large minority presence opposed to Naples? Is East Naples heavy Hispanic and full of crime or is that just what people coming from sheltered suburbia think? I tried looking this up for myself but I can't find the crime rate for East Naples or it's racial demographics. Thnaks for your help.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 06:11 AM

3,416 posts, read 7,734,124 times
That is largely true about the demographics and crime.

There are many parts that do not fall into that category, especially the gated communities and Lely.

East Naples is huge with no clearly defined borders.

Where, specifically are you looking?

Old 07-22-2008, 08:14 AM

376 posts, read 1,801,267 times
It's not all of East Naples, as PP said, it is a huge area, so you need to be observant. Areas nearer the city off of Rt 41 to be careful about -- Naples Manor -- lower end Bayshore -- areas off of Thomasson and behind the Walgreens near Sugden Park -- and even that area, it is funny -- only certain streets in there are problematic -- around Hawaii Blvd.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:43 AM

5,643 posts, read 9,573,708 times
Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytimenow View Post
It's not all of East Naples, as PP said, it is a huge area, so you need to be observant. Areas nearer the city off of Rt 41 to be careful about -- Naples Manor -- lower end Bayshore -- areas off of Thomasson and behind the Walgreens near Sugden Park -- and even that area, it is funny -- only certain streets in there are problematic -- around Hawaii Blvd.
I moved from South Naples to East Naples 6 months ago. There are some very nice developments on Davis east of Airport Rd. Radio Rd. isn't terribly nice, but some of those aforementioned developments also back Radio Rd. Once you go west of Airport, it isn't all that great. Is Golden Gate Estates also considered East Naples?

I guess like everywhere, you can have good and "bad" sections in the same area. The new Treviso Bay in South Naples, with its huge golf course and multi million dollar homes being not very far from very poor, mostly immigrant sections, is a perfect example.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:49 PM

531 posts, read 497,535 times
I've lived in East Naples for 30 years next to Sugden Park(across from the town center) and 15 years ago we may have had some teen problems...but I find it very quiet and peaceful and have no fear of my neighborhood.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:38 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,771,470 times
Go to Google maps and google on this address. Should tell you everything you need to know about East Naples:

3750 White Lake Blvd, Naples, FL

The check it's proximity to GGE. Want to live there?

Who designs these things and doesn't get fired is beyond me.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:47 AM

3,416 posts, read 7,734,124 times
That address is for the landfill. A growing industrial area has been designed around it. It has been there for decades, long before the huge growth spurt.

They have odor abatement procedures in place and I have not heard of an odor problem in a long time. Granted, it is close to homes and I would not want to live there. The Estates and East Naples are huge and there are plenty of places to live away from there.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:20 PM

531 posts, read 497,535 times
Default unreal................

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-TownTX 713 View Post
Supposedly East Naples is the "rough" side of town and it has large minority presence opposed to Naples? Is East Naples heavy Hispanic and full of crime or is that just what people coming from sheltered suburbia think? I tried looking this up for myself but I can't find the crime rate for East Naples or it's racial demographics. Thnaks for your help.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I've lived in East Naples for thirty years....and would rather live here than down town............cheeeeeeze

Old 11-23-2008, 12:12 AM

102 posts, read 265,909 times
mytimenow has got the worst parts of East Naples right...there are plenty of areas in East Naples that are nice - Kings Lake, Foxfire, Glen Eagle, Naples Heritage, etc are great places to live and as close as possible to live to 5th Ave without the crazy prices and taxes you'll find in City of Naples.

Old 11-23-2008, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 13,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-TownTX 713 View Post
Is East Naples heavy Hispanic and full of crime or is that just what people coming from sheltered suburbia think?.
Sheltered suburbia. There is NO neighbourhood in Naples, not even the worst parts of Golden Gate that are anywhere near being a real ghetto like you'd find in any big city or even in Ft Myers.

If you're scared of hispanics, blacks and rebel flag totin' rednecks then you're probably better off at a gated community. Otherwise there's not much to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: