Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 10:46 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,728,806 times

Advertisements

Yes TANaples I will think of you guys here(also markhunt, dailyjournalist, citrine) when I move. As of now at 11:32 AM Saturday it is 55 where I am moving to, the high will be 68 today.

Leaving one week from tomorrow. Lots to do this week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
and the temperature in "Naples", well on my lanai wherever that may be, is 81 degrees. Of course, that is not counting the humidity and the heat index,.

The current temperature now where I used to live on LI is 52 degrees. The forecast for next week calls for highs in the high 60s and lows in the mid 50s.

You have only 10 days? I would guess you will have something around those temps when you return home to Ma.

Enjoy and think of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 10:53 AM

Bonita... Naples, same difference. I lived on the road near the dogtrack 40 yards from the border of Bonita, I was in Naples. Hated living there every minute... It didn't help that I didn't like the complex I lived/worked at.

Naples was the worst place I lived at in Florida. A traffic nightmare, overrated, expensive for what? and Collier county is a complete joke... Always making the news with some crap, or screwing people out of jobs.

All the other places I lived at in Florida were fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBob View Post
Is that the dog track in Bonita? I lived in Naples for years and can't recall a dog track in Naples.

The weather feature that makes a notable difference is the sea breeze that occurs right along the west coast. The summer temps will consistently be several degrees cooler right on the coast. The sea breeze also has the effect of holding back the summer rain storms. The prevailing winds in south Florida during the summer are east to west, the sea breeze develops from west to east. The result is that it rains more just a few miles inland.
I agree that subtropical weather is warm and that the tropical sun is strong. The coastal micro-climate does moderate the extremes.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:21 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,601,718 times
Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
Bonita... Naples, same difference. I lived on the road near the dogtrack 40 yards from the border of Bonita, I was in Naples. Hated living there every minute... It didn't help that I didn't like the complex I lived/worked at.

Naples was the worst place I lived at in Florida. A traffic nightmare, overrated, expensive for what? and Collier county is a complete joke... Always making the news with some crap, or screwing people out of jobs.

All the other places I lived at in Florida were fine.
If I had to choose Florida at all, I would pick Gainesville where I lived 30 years ago over Naples in a heartbeat. Everything you have said about Naples is very true.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:16 PM

531 posts, read 498,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
If I had to choose Florida at all, I would pick Gainesville where I lived 30 years ago over Naples in a heartbeat. Everything you have said about Naples is very true.
argh!!!! I don't want to get into the middle of anything but yes..Naples is hot....yes...naples has a lot of wealth.....but the one difference between naples and anywhere else is: clean.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:46 PM

Sarasota is cleaner!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peach_Fla View Post
argh!!!! I don't want to get into the middle of anything but yes..Naples is hot....yes...naples has a lot of wealth.....but the one difference between naples and anywhere else is: clean.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:49 PM

Of course it's clean. There is nobody here. The snowbirds aren't here yet. It's too hot to just go out and stroll around throwing garbage on the ground.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,075,267 times
Naples is incredibly beautiful.

It's a national treasure.

Quote:
Is that the dog track in Bonita? I lived in Naples for years and can't recall a dog track in Naples.

The weather feature that makes a notable difference is the sea breeze that occurs right along the west coast. The summer temps will consistently be several degrees cooler right on the coast. The sea breeze also has the effect of holding back the summer rain storms. The prevailing winds in south Florida during the summer are east to west, the sea breeze develops from west to east. The result is that it rains more just a few miles inland.
I agree that subtropical weather is warm and that the tropical sun is strong. The coastal micro-climate does moderate the extremes.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:37 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,460,604 times
Well I like Naples and the area. I can understand that it's not for everyone but I don't understand why you would think it's not for anyone. Yes, at times it's hot and that's one reason why some don't stay all year. I was born in NY and lived in the north all my life. I looked for over 10 years for the place that I wanted to eventually go to (not just FL). The Naples area fit my criteria. Personally, I would rather have it what I consider hot for 3 months a year than cold and damp for 7 months. But that's me, I can't stand the cold and I love the beach.

I don't have any idea why someone would consider moving here if you hate the heat and didn't want the beach.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:41 PM

Default Not my decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Well I like Naples and the area. I can understand that it's not for everyone but I don't understand why you would think it's not for anyone. Yes, at times it's hot and that's one reason why some don't stay all year. I was born in NY and lived in the north all my life. I looked for over 10 years for the place that I wanted to eventually go to (not just FL). The Naples area fit my criteria. Personally, I would rather have it what I consider hot for 3 months a year than cold and damp for 7 months. But that's me, I can't stand the cold and I love the beach.

I don't have any idea why someone would consider moving here if you hate the heat and didn't want the beach.
This is where my husband got a job. I had no desire to leave, or come back to Florida.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:28 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,777,724 times
[quote=imagardener;5340411]
Quote:
If you're looking to be in the Naples area but want to have a bit of elbow room then I'd suggest looking in Golden Gate estates.

Oh I disagree. Golden Gate Estates is not the place to be. While Naples is relatively crime free GGE is not.
You also have to worry about brush fires burning your house down and flooding when there's several days of heavy rain or God forbid a hurricane.
Then there's grow houses and pit bulls on the loose, a woman was killed taking a walk.
It's really the wild west and the further east you go the wilder it can get.
Of course there are nice parts of it but GGE is huge and you will have no idea of who your neighbors are or what they are up to before you buy.
This is interesting. Part of my family owned a home or two in Jupiter Farms on the other coast. Never a breakin or crime problem.

I got to liking having the space around the homes, built further south in Royal Palm Acreage. I had 5 breakins in two years. The only explanation I could come up with is that West Palm and Riviera Beach are much closer to Royal Palm... whereas the town areas around Jupiter Farms are Jupiter and Tequesta. Basically middle to upper class areas.

In retrospect, looking at demographics I guess this was to be expected. But at the time I built (1993-1994) the final demographics weren't known yet as it wasn't built out. Knowing the numbers now, it's the same old correlations.

So I guess the question is, "Are there any accurate demographics of GGE available?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples