Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:42 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,117 times

Advertisements

I don't see us living in our Naples condo full time anytime in the near future. But we do have a lot of options as to when we can be there. Therefore I want to make sure we don't miss the best months to enjoy.

For a retiree who likes to bike, walk, play tennis and enjoy the sun at the beach or pool and who, at present, does not golf, boat or fish, which would you say would be the best two or three months to be in SW Florida? Which two or three months would be the least desirable?

Things to consider: weather, crowds and traffic.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 08:36 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,322,033 times
Weather wise best: January, February, March
Weather wise worst: July, August, September

Crowd and traffic best: July, August, September
Crowd and traffic worst: January, February, March

It's a trade off. The traffic and crowds are worse during the winter because it's season and the weather is fabulous. In the summer it's much hotter and more humid, but the crowds and traffic are also much less.

The winters are like a beautiful Jersey summer. Warm days, not too much rain and lots of sun.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:52 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Our choice has been not when Florida is best but when NYS was the worst.
Obvious answer...Jan, Feb and March

Old 04-15-2010, 06:44 AM

Good advice. If we sell our NJ house, we will be bouncing between FL and SC. We have already spent last July, August and September in SC and, while hot and humid, it was not bad. It is definately too cold in SC January through March to enjoy the outdoors much, so FL will be where we are...... Now how to devide up the other 6 months.......

Old 04-15-2010, 08:49 AM

I would stay in FL from December through May and SC June through November.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
I would stay in FL from December through May and SC June through November.
Probably the plan we will adopt. It would work for me..... Not sure about the wife.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:22 PM

208 posts, read 612,127 times
I guess it is an individual thing.

I prefer June, July, August, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec

I like it hot and humid. I really did not care for the weather this winter. Too cold and damp.

Traffic is much better in the summer. Beaches are empty too. Lets not forget the gulf is warm, all summer long! Pool temps are warmer too. I know you said you do not fish, but fishing is much better. The grass is green, flowers blooming. The natives are here, the visitors all went home. Everything is normal again. Malls are emptier, restaurants run specials. I live for summer! I love the sun, the heavy rain, the sun....Nature at its fullest.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:40 AM

Oh, I agree with the swimming part. I can't swim in the oceans during the winter months in SoFla. Too cold! But considering there's heated pools and hot tubs, it's a minor inconvenience. Plenty of people do go swimming at the beach, but I'm a cold water wimp.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:34 PM

41 posts, read 118,103 times
I rather enjoy late summer early fall months. October, November and early December are delightful weather wise (most of the time). The weather is a little cooler and the humidty begins to ease up. The traffic is not that bad either as most of the snowbirds take over in Jan & Feb.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:55 PM

592 posts, read 1,814,082 times
I'm with the poster above me--those are probably the best months if you're looking for good weather & lighter traffic. October is #1 in my book! And, the second half of March and all of April are a pretty good bet, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples