Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 07:22 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,087,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenkramer View Post
What about Bristol Pines subdivision in North Naples? How is that area? We are thinking about a villa there for retirement.
Definitely a safe area.

Heck, I ride my bike up that way on a regular basis, even late at night. In fact, I am suiting up for a ride in a few minutes, and will pass by there in about 30 minutes. Never a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 08:06 PM

97 posts, read 136,736 times
I am looking at a condo at the Berkshire Lakes. It is nestled in zip code 34104. Does anyone know about this area?

Old 05-19-2013, 05:51 AM

25 posts, read 134,474 times
Default Berkshire Lakes

We have a condo in Countryside ( across from Berkshire) and we love the location!
Easy access to 75, 5 minutes to downtown, 10 minutes to the beach & 20 minutes to Marco Island.
what more could you ask for!

Old 05-19-2013, 02:05 PM

146 posts, read 335,467 times
I personally love central Naples just north and south of the mall between 41 and Goodlette Rd. Older homes with some updating, bigger yards mature trees, good property value out of the flood zone. Between east/south (it's the same) and north Naples I would choose North Naples for good property value, better shopping and schools. I personally would not choose Naples Park even though it is close to beach and shopping. There is far too much rental property in that zone, meaning more transient people. Golden Gate and that area has more house for the money but there is more burglary because most are worker bees, home set back in the woods, people gone all day make for targets.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:08 PM

146 posts, read 335,467 times
For the person that asked about Venice.....Venice is more like Naples was 25 years ago. Smaller, not as good for shopping and dining although there are some great places there, just a different level than Naples. If you're a homebody, you'd probably be comfortable there. Prices are not as high as Naples. It's apples and oranges really. Visit and see for self. Check property taxes, some counties are far higher than Naples.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kela View Post
We are looking in Naples and wondering what area would be the best to look in for a home/condo/etc.,? Basically which part would you consider the best neighborhood and area of Naples?

Thanks!
Every city has some bad neighborhoods, but there are plenty of nice, safe communities all over Naples.

The OP didn't mention a price range, so it's impossible to respond to "where should I live?" because we don't even know what she can afford. I mean, the "Best" to me would probably be Gordon Drive.

First start by driving around the city. Just riding around an area is often enough to give someone a good idea of what it as to offer. Then go on the Naples Board of Realtors site and look at the communities listed.

[url=http://www.naplesarea.com/]Naples Area Board of Realtors - Naples Real Estate | MLS Listings[/url]

Old 05-19-2013, 02:35 PM

124 posts, read 333,268 times
Berkshire Lakes is a great community. It’s got the two large lakes to walk around; I lived there a few years back and I found it very friendly; all the condos have their own pool. Publix is just across the road.
While living there I never heard of any problems in regards to crime, and the house prices are very reasonable for such a nice community. Good Luck

Old 05-19-2013, 02:36 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travellight27 View Post
For the person that asked about Venice.....Venice is more like Naples was 25 years ago. Smaller, not as good for shopping and dining although there are some great places there, just a different level than Naples. If you're a homebody, you'd probably be comfortable there. Prices are not as high as Naples. It's apples and oranges really. Visit and see for self. Check property taxes, some counties are far higher than Naples.
It depends on what section of Venice. There are some not-so-nice areas. I prefer Naples because there's more to do and the beaches are nicer IMO. Again, it depends on what someone can afford. Venice Island (North Venice) is a lot pricier than South Venice. Casey Key is just a bit further north and is really charming, but expensive.

Since this is the Naples forum, I don't want to write too much about Venice, because it's in Sarasota County.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:30 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
. Casey Key is just a bit further north and is really charming, but expensive.

Is there anything on Casey Key under $1 million?

Old 05-25-2013, 01:16 AM

1,413 posts, read 2,463,069 times
Have relatives who live in Berkshire lakes excellent place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples