Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,707 times

Advertisements

We r planning on retiring to north Naples and possibly buying a condo. What we don't understand is after purchasing what type of fees are we required to pay? We r from Wisconsin and once you buy a condo you pay a monthly maintenance fee and yearly real estate taxes. I'm confused about the fees imposed in Florida. Zip we r looking to live in is 34109.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 05:24 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,021 posts, read 6,496,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn63 View Post
We r planning on retiring to north Naples and possibly buying a condo. What we don't understand is after purchasing what type of fees are we required to pay? We r from Wisconsin and once you buy a condo you pay a monthly maintenance fee and yearly real estate taxes. I'm confused about the fees imposed in Florida. Zip we r looking to live in is 34109.
I live in 34109 Lakeside in North Naples. Yes, you have to pay HOA fees and property tax. All in all, it is well worth it.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:15 PM

7 posts, read 13,857 times
We LOVE LOVE LOVE Naples. We are from Toronto and plan to buy within the next 5 years for retirement. We are going to Siesta Key this Feb to compare however I already know I'll love Naples more than SK.

We'd love to buy something in Old Naples. One condo we have an eye on (and have stayed in) is Beau Mer near Tin City.

Any thoughts on this condo or anyother comparable would be greatly appreciated.\

Dan

Old 01-26-2014, 10:42 PM

48 posts, read 101,107 times
North Naples is best options for you.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:36 PM

93 posts, read 174,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
Ghetto-absolutely not. There are pockets of south Naples you should avoid-Naples Manor and most developments off Bayshore Drive except Windstar.

Lely and Lely Resort are fine. Lely Resort is newer and has several gated communities within it.

Lely is older and has different types of housing/sections but I don't think any of it is gated.
I noticed certain communities within lely resort aren't gated

Would you recommend avoiding those? Or still fairly safe?

Old 04-19-2014, 09:42 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,021 posts, read 6,496,161 times
I have nothing against "gated communities". I live in one here in Naples. However I don't really think it makes the community a whole lot safer. I definitely would not let gated or not-gated be a deal breaker when choosing which community to purchase in.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:56 AM

23,145 posts, read 26,003,473 times
The recent home invasion type robberies have all been in very exclusive gated communities. I wouldn't let that alone dictate a decision.
We live near Lely which is reaching the size of a village all it's own
Bet they wish they could absorb Naples Manor so as to just get rid of it.
We occasionally drive through the various 'price levels' of Lely and the streets are always rather quiet.
This whole section of Naples is quieter simply due to distance from "downtown" and the more commercial sections of N Naples, but expansion is happening ...the more rural and less commercial aspect is disappearing at an alarming rate.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:53 AM

93 posts, read 174,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
The recent home invasion type robberies have all been in very exclusive gated communities. I wouldn't let that alone dictate a decision.
We live near Lely which is reaching the size of a village all it's own
Bet they wish they could absorb Naples Manor so as to just get rid of it.
We occasionally drive through the various 'price levels' of Lely and the streets are always rather quiet.
This whole section of Naples is quieter simply due to distance from "downtown" and the more commercial sections of N Naples, but expansion is happening ...the more rural and less commercial aspect is disappearing at an alarming rate.
Oh wow, didn't hear about those, where did these robberies happen?

Old 04-20-2014, 09:24 AM

23,145 posts, read 26,003,473 times
Two were Grey Oaks and Quail West.
Just quickly grabbed one article about them.There are more thorough ones out there, I'm sure.
IIRC, the families also had their BMW's/ Mercedes/whatever taken after the houses were robbed.
Naples Florida Luxury Golf Homes David Schulz, Author at Naples Florida Luxury Golf Homes

We're protected from these particular types of home invasions by virtue of not having enough money

Old 02-01-2015, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naples Resident View Post
Some of the posts are wrong about safer areas in Naples, all of Naples is the safest area in Florida, streets are safe and are landscaped to perfection. This blog shouldnt continue as it off into left field and incorrect information and can only damage the tourism industry. Please remove this blog of hearsay.
You can say all you want about Naples being crime free....it's not..period.
I know people who work for the county sheriffs department...Collier citizens don't always hear about every crime here. It's a hush-hush, controlled by the powers that be, to keep everything 'looking' exceptionally squeaky clean safe for tube tourism industry.
That being said, it is safe for most parts of Naples ...but there aren't security cameras in every palm tree and nor are there cops like someone quoted(like they're thick as ants). There are parts of Naples that , I personally, would not feel safe walking by myself.....hence...East Naples(Triangle Park which consists of borders of South AIrport Pulling, Davis Blvd, and East 4) Bayshore..Shadowlawn..that area and also Naples Manor. I live in North Naples and have the past 10 years. Our experience is that it is the end of town I would recommend. I do not recommend Gold Gate, as a rule of thumb, either. The rest of the places in Naples, besides what I have listed as less than desirable places to live....check it out. Estero and Bonito Springs are a little less pricey and it's not Collier County or Naples. Both places are lower/little crime for Lee County. Lee County has it's share of crime......Ft. Myers used to be awesome but has been allowed to run down a bit. I would have no problem with Bonito or Estero...and are close enough to North Naples....Coconut Point, Mercato, etc. if you desire to be close to Naples. Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples