Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 08:33 PM

749 posts, read 916,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesLely View Post
north naples is better you will get shot faster
That is what I was thinking, being next door to Fort Myers......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 12:54 PM

4,781 posts, read 10,530,495 times
^^^ We lived in North Naples for 9 seasons...it isn't 'Ft Myers', and doubtful one will get shot, or shot at in any area of NN that I am familiar with.

That bs post is 5 years old, and was tossed up by a one time poster, fwiw.

Good map of communities in greater Naples area, recently linked by poster soulshaker:
Naples, Bonita Springs, Marco Island Real Estate Map Property Search

Not pitching 'Sarasota', but your price range will buy ~20-30% more house in Sarasota area, imo.
GL, mD

Old 02-12-2015, 12:54 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,066,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesLely View Post
north naples is better you will get shot faster
That was an ironic statement, coming from someone that lives in East Naples......

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittheroadjack View Post
That is what I was thinking, being next door to Fort Myers......

North Naples is quite safe. Nothing like Ft. Myers, which isn't really that bad either, depending on what you're comparing it to........

Anywhere that is considered N. Naples is a minimum of 10-15 miles from anything considered even S. Ft. Myers, FWIW.

Last edited by Tripower455; 02-12-2015 at 01:04 PM..

Old 02-13-2015, 07:56 AM

11 posts, read 19,827 times
Default safety questions - our experience

I'm from Toronto, too, and will likely purchase retirement property in next couple of years and will focus on the 'East Naples' area because that's where my parents (also snowbirds) have a retirement home and it's been wonderful - equi-distant from downtown Naples/pier and Marco Island (my kids loved Tiger Tail).
My parents golf community off Rattlesnake Hammock is not gated and has always felt completely safe. We've never heard of any crime there and for 20 years walked evenings to the community pool with our kids, my mom confidently spent weeks there on her own. I also regularly run through Lely, which is not gated, and it never occurred to me to worry about crime. The homes are well-kept, streets quiet, people friendly. Both 'ungated' areas feel more safe than many I've encountered in Toronto!

Old 02-13-2015, 12:17 PM

152 posts, read 448,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeCee View Post
I'm from Toronto, too, and will likely purchase retirement property in next couple of years and will focus on the 'East Naples' area because that's where my parents (also snowbirds) have a retirement home and it's been wonderful - equi-distant from downtown Naples/pier and Marco Island (my kids loved Tiger Tail).
My parents golf community off Rattlesnake Hammock is not gated and has always felt completely safe. We've never heard of any crime there and for 20 years walked evenings to the community pool with our kids, my mom confidently spent weeks there on her own. I also regularly run through Lely, which is not gated, and it never occurred to me to worry about crime. The homes are well-kept, streets quiet, people friendly. Both 'ungated' areas feel more safe than many I've encountered in Toronto!
That is a very nice area and not in the bad area that some here talk about. It is east Naples that is closer to town that is less desirable. Lely is a lovely area. I often cut through there when I go to the grocery in that area. That area is really growing.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:07 PM

377 posts, read 1,050,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeCee View Post
Thank you, KeeCee, for mentioning Tigertail. I have never heard of it, and I googled it. Looks great for a visit with my kiddo! My parents have lived in Naples for 15+ years or so and in all my visits I have never been to Marco Island. Tigertail looks very cool, so we will check it out this spring!

Old 02-14-2015, 11:53 AM

4 posts, read 11,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBirdwatcher View Post
That is a very nice area and not in the bad area that some here talk about. It is east Naples that is closer to town that is less desirable. Lely is a lovely area. I often cut through there when I go to the grocery in that area. That area is really growing.
What is considered East Naples? We are looking to buy a home off Collier on 23rd in the Golden Gate Estates. We like it because it is closer to town. We are from CA, so everything in Naples looks nice to us, lol. I have yet to find a real "ghetto".

Old 02-14-2015, 12:14 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,066,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas001 View Post
What is considered East Naples? We are looking to buy a home off Collier on 23rd in the Golden Gate Estates. We like it because it is closer to town. We are from CA, so everything in Naples looks nice to us, lol. I have yet to find a real "ghetto".
23rd St or 23rd Ave?

23rd St is adjacent to Golden Gate City. Not a horrible area, but not as nice as a little further north.

23rd Ave is off Golden Gate Blvd, but still close in, and IMHO, would be the preferable of the 2.

Neither, while both are physically east of Naples, is considered East Naples.

Old 02-14-2015, 02:17 PM

152 posts, read 448,823 times
When we think of the seedy area of east Naples we are usually referring to the area that is off Hwy 41--Tamiami Trail and east of the downtown area going out to say before you get to Rattlesnake Hammock Rd. If you google a map, the area around the court house would be included in that area. Parts of Rattlesnake Hammock are okay and then the area of Lely is okay. There is also a new beautiful gated community that is coming up called the Isles (I think that is the name of it) on Hwy 41 east that is just before Lely. These communities, Lely and The Isles, are very lovely and I would consider safe even though they are considered in east Naples.

The area around Davis Blvd and Hwy 41 and Airport Pulling Rd and Hwy 41 are questionable.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:29 PM

549 posts, read 716,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas001 View Post
For the easiest description, just consider south of Radio Rd and everything South and east of the US41/Davis Blvd intersection

This picture from another thread here on city-data shows it perfectly.

*It would make way, way too much sense for the mapped communities on the right side of Naples to be considered "East Naples" but remember that nearly all of this stuff to the east are relatively new (25 yrs or so) with Golden Gate city being the exception (1970's).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples