U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 03:02 PM

32 posts, read 89,534 times

Advertisements

Sorry about your Mom.
Jacksonville would probably be good for you.
Good luck wherever life takes you man.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 03:18 PM

2,763 posts, read 6,398,832 times
Why compelled? That is where I'm supposed to go - tell me everything.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:41 PM

5,642 posts, read 8,885,586 times
As SO many of us have said, Naples is geared to tourists and snowbirds. The economy of Naples exists for this. It is mostly all service oriented.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:21 PM
TD*

1,654 posts, read 3,690,039 times
Dont leave out Tallahassee. People that come here tend to like it, With a great quality of life and a bit different from the rest of florida. It deserves a look!

Old 02-28-2009, 10:22 AM

3,175 posts, read 7,337,114 times
I am sorry you are not happy. I can relate but a few thoughts as I have moved a lot and right now just in FL for the winter though younger 30. Anyhow I have friends in many different states around your age who also struggle with finding and keeping a job. So really research and try to line something up before you go because moves are expensive on their own. If you spend a lot on the relocation and still can't find a job things are really going to be bad. I agree too about the trade school especially health care. What did you do before? Good luck

Old 02-25-2011, 05:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,097 times
DO NOT MOVE TO JACKSONVILLE! Imagine all the worst parts of the stereotypical Georgia, roll in a ton (Not all, but plenty) of short sighted gung-ho military folks, a ton of pretentious arsehole rich people on the coast line, and then the rest is filled in with xenophobic middle class arseholes living in gated communities or poverty striken wannabe gang bangers, and you have JAX. From what I can tell the only people getting hired are those that will roll over and sell their reproductive parts to the devil and spend the day under the boss's desk for work. My suggestion to you man, GET OUT OF FLORIDA! St. Augustine is pretty cool, as is Amelia Island to the north, but its just not worth it to reside in JAX. I am personally counting down the days till I get to leave. If you simply must stay in Florida (Not really sure why everyone wants to though), perhaps Gainesville as the other user said? Its not the best place I've ever been to, but definately isn't the worst either. I haven't personally been to Pensacola or Tallahassee, so perhaps they are good places to live, but in all honesty I would NOT suggest moving to Jacksonville! Take the other user's advice and look into either N.C. or T.X. maybe? You can still have the ocean either way. Sorry if this comes across as harsh, but I don't sugar coat the truth. Or at least what I've experienced thus far as being the truth.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:05 PM

3,427 posts, read 8,364,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Please avoid Ft. Lauderdale and surrounds.

Wow, its been a while since I have seen you posting! You used to post in the Miami forum, but not anymore. I'm surprised you haven't left yet.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:27 PM

5,244 posts, read 15,400,829 times
The post from CTR is from over a year ago.

Naples, Florida is like every other city on the planet. Go look at NYC. Same thing. Half the posts are people would never live anywhere else. The rest are just like this - it's a hell hole, don't move here. Some people will find Naples heaven on Earth. Others will hate it.

I grew up on Marco and loved it. Couldn't get a better childhood. Until it was 'discovered' in the 80s. It then became to me a living hell. I moved to Naples and tolerated it but never liked it. I gave up five years ago and moved to what I thought was heaven in middle TN. Very rural farming community, down to Earth friendly people. After five years I can't get out of here fast enough. I'm hoping to find something between the dog eat dog world of Naples and the lack of common sense in rural middle TN. Planning a move to Maine, and it may not be my last. I know some place is the place for us and we'll find it eventually. It wasn't Naples, it's not rural TN, but both places are gorgeous in their own way and both have people that couldn't imagine living in any other place. I've got a friend that left Marco when we were little and moved to middle FL in a rural area and hated it. Then she got married and moved to NH. She loved it at first, but it wore on her and she wound up moving back to Ft Myers. She's been there quite a while and loves it. She fits in there. I'm happy for her. I hope to be so lucky some day to find 'my' place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples