U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 04:56 AM

3,223 posts, read 7,096,837 times

Advertisements

Anyone have Comcast phone service in Naples/Ft. Myers?

I'm thinking about switching my landline to this but the wife is nervous about it.

I pay $50/month for Embarq and make very, very few long distance calls. Comcast wants half that for the same services and a 5c/minute LD (I pay 7c/min now but rarely use LD).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 03:31 PM

376 posts, read 1,717,047 times
Some of my coworkers signed up for the deal Comcast was running about 6 mos ago (phone & internet for $50/mo) and they are very happy with it so far, I haven't heard any complaints from anyone.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:51 PM

12 posts, read 31,245 times
I have Comcast Triple Play, which includes the phone. As long as you make sure everything is installed right and on time, then you should not have any problems at all with Comcast. I recently moved to Naples from New York and was using Embarq for a while, because I was not familiar with what was out here then, and I wanted to get a deal with Dish Network. The only reason I did not get Dish is because their deal has Embarq, and it has got to be the worst plan phone company I have ever seen until now, and I have used many, and researched many, because I make a lot of international calls. Embarq charges extra for everything, including long distance within the U.S. and Canada, where you have to pay an extra fee each month, and on top of that another 7c.

That's the reason I decided to drop Embarq, and get Comcast instead. However, just make sure to look at all the deals Comcast has. Good luck!!

Last edited by mimi02; 02-12-2010 at 10:15 PM..

Old 02-12-2010, 09:56 PM

22,583 posts, read 50,626,282 times
I've worked for BellSouth and Comcast. You can hear a pin drop over a Comcast connection. Fabulous phones.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:08 AM

41 posts, read 109,849 times
Sorry to say that my experience was not so pleasant with Comcast. Keep in mind, though that I do not have good reception on my cell phone and that is a necessity if you have any problems with your phone or internet. The problem I had was that the internet and phone run on the same cable hook up. When my internet would experience problems (which it did regularly) I would call them for assistance. The service representative would then restart my internet which would automatically drop my phone call to Comcast. When I would call them back I would be lectured about how I should call them on a cell phone when I have this issue as the phone will always disconnect when they restart. When I tried to explain the situation I had with cell phone reception their response was that they could not help it that I had poor cell phone reception!! It took me 5 phone calls and 1 1/2 hours to correct my problem and after going through this scenario 6 times in a one year time period I decided that I had enough and switched to Embarq. Embarq is by no means perfect, however their customer service is much better and I get a much quicker resolution to my problems. (which I have only had one internet issue in the last 7 months). I also found that after the initial deal epxires that Comcast does raise their rates quite substantially and then try to switch you to a deal that is more expensive than the intial one you started with.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:25 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
3,723 posts, read 5,776,069 times
melannewis: Where in FL did you have the Comcast problems?

I switched from Comcast to Verizon Fios in NJ recently because of the crappy internet connection (down or flaky too often). However it looks like that where our new home in Naples FL will be, Comcast is the only option.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:38 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,136,148 times
Crapcast is the WORST monopoly of a company there is.... I switched FROM them to Centurylink. Comcast is a terrible company always have been. I am getting Centurylinks 3mbps DSL and it is a LOT faster than Crapcasts "high speed" internet. And it is actually cheaper. I get my phone line and my DSL for $40 a month. Comcast has the worst customer service. They are as horrible as LCEC...

Old 02-15-2010, 09:02 PM

22,583 posts, read 50,626,282 times
I hate to say it, but if they are "helping" you and you get cut off, they did it on purpose. They are the techs and they know darn well you were going to get cut off.

You should have had then come out and look at it.

When I pay for a service, I politely but sternly make sure that I get satisfaction.

I still have Comcast. But I was a tech for three years so I never have a problem but I really, really know what I'm doing. I've also worked for Sony and BellSouth.

I don't know if they've upgraded down there or not, but up here our 6 Megs just jumped to 12 megs. I used to be able to watch High-Def tv, but there was sometimes a pause. Not any longer. Comcast's speed is crazy fast. Their downloads are now something like 24 megs. That's nuts.

I worked for BellSouth DSL. I hated it. Too many problems.

Comcast used to be a great place to work, but when the recession hit they became brutal. As soon as the economy picks up, these folks will leave them in the dust. Then what will they do? They just bought NBC.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:17 PM

41 posts, read 109,849 times
The problems I had with Comcast were in Golden Gate Estates (Naples). I found when the internet was up it was exremely slow. When I switched to Embarq (which is now Centurylink) my internet was much faster. I would try contacting Century Link to see if they are available in your area. When I looked online their website told me service was not available but when I called they said service was available.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:53 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,136,148 times
My DSL which is 3 megs kicks the doo doo out of Crapcasts 10 megs, I am not joking, I was even shocked... All thier hype on how fast they are, and DSL in a slower speed is faster..... Hmmmm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: