U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,488 times

Advertisements

We're looking for a community that has lots of amenities where every other home isn't a foreclosure. Price range is 200k-250k. Does anyone know anything about Valencia Lakes, zip code 34120?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 06:49 AM

3,223 posts, read 7,098,585 times
Valencia Lakes is a very nice development. Depending on what you are used to, it is a few miles to a full size grocery or other shopping. The commute can be hell at rush hour. It is many miles from the beach.

While I don't know the exact demographics, I would guess there are more families and those of working age than retires or snowbirds there. Those folks tend to live further west.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne maryland View Post
We're looking for a community that has lots of amenities where every other home isn't a foreclosure. Price range is 200k-250k. Does anyone know anything about Valencia Lakes, zip code 34120?
Joanne,
Did you find out any more about Valancia Lakes in Naples? We too are looking to buy in that area but it DOES seem like every other home there *IS* in foreclosure or is a short sale. Im wondering if there is something wrong with the neighborhood as the homes do seem to be very good values.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:59 PM

4 posts, read 8,299 times
Valencia Lakes was originally a nice neighborhood of families, as the economy turned, many people in the 'trades' were forced to leave to look for work elsewhere. Most bought there in the 300K range and were very upside down. It is still a nice development, although I have heard of some instances of several families cramming into one house. There are good values right now as the market has reduced by 100K. This area is 30 minutes from Naples and 10 miles to the beach. there is a pool, fitness center, etc. it is gated. I have several friends who live in there.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:55 PM

6 posts, read 23,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne maryland View Post
There is valencia lakes and valencia country club. they are right next to each other. In my opinion, both are sort of far from "town". if you do not mind the 20-30 minute drive every time you want to go to the movies or Home Depot, or Costco, then it might be a good fit for you. There are a TON of short sales in there and lots of foreclosed properties come on the market in there, too. The reason is that this community was released during the boom and many people bought there that either 1. thought their investment would appreciate and they would flip it 2. bit off more than they could chew 3. got laid off and had to sell. In my belief, there are also a lot of homeowners out there who are defaulting on their loans and selling becasue they feel that the property values will never get back to where they were when they bought. I tend to agree with them. I think these neighborhoods will continue to go down before they go up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: