U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 10:09 PM

44 posts, read 112,054 times

Advertisements

here is our scenario, we are selling our home on a loss in Sebring, FL, will get some $25-30,000 in equity that we have in the house. Are a young family( 38 and 35) with two young kids, renting in Naples for almost two years , want to move out of here as soon as possible to dallas or raleigh ( more kid friendly), would only want to return to Naples as retirees.
Is it wise to buy a house/condo in Naples as investment or rental property, we can afford a -250-300,000 price , but ideally want to have it rented, so cover most of expenses.
option 1. dont buy at all , no tension , but will loose the opportunity of lower prices and low interest rate
2. buy a condo , say in pelical marsh for $300,000 , better rental potenial but more HOA and taxes
3.buy in monterray or newer home close to I -75 on immokalee road, cheaper ,but less rental potential
Getting a good deal in Naples will make us feel less bad about selling house in sebring at loss( did not have good rental potential in sebring) , but how good will be the rental potential in Naples for the next few years in the areas i mentioned is what i am worried about.
Sorry for the long long query , but would appreciate honest , frank opinions
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 10:31 PM

Default Oh ! no one wants to share their opinion

Oh ! no one wants to share their opinion

Old 04-13-2009, 03:17 AM

Default thanks for the reply

thanks for the reply, if i rent , i am going to do it as annual rental and even pay a property manager , but what i cant seem to decide is whether to buy and rent in Naples or not buy at all( since anyway moving to Texas.
Pros to buy- FHA loan at 3.5 % down, < 5% interest at 30 year, rent it and have a property and when old come back and retire here
Cons- week rental market , stress of owning rental property and putting money down with high Naples Taxes.
My decider is , if the rental potential is good , then only i want to buy

Old 04-13-2009, 09:48 PM

592 posts, read 1,700,059 times
Yikes, my husband and I are undecided about something else in life, but you sound like us with the pros and cons running around in your head. I keep wishing for a crystal ball, but it never shows up, ha ha.

Anyway, we live and own full-time in Naples now and for the past few years. Lost lots on our house here, but hey, it evens out if you sell and go buy somewhere else, just like you with Sebring.

One thing I can guess at is that you'll NEVER lose money in the long run by buying something in Naples. EVERYONE thinks Naples is GREAT! When people ask us, from anywhere, where we live we can't get the words, "Naples, Florida" out of our mouths without the other person saying, "Oh, it's soooooooooo beautiful there". And, it is, too! I don't say this in a bragging way. We're probably leaving for that matter, but I just say it for your knowledge because I don't think in the long run it will ever lose real estate value wise. It's a VERY popular town with a Grade A+ reputation. And, all they do is keep making it even prettier and nicer. They just never stop spending those rich tax payers dollars, ha ha.

If you're ever going to invest anywhere, or try to rent something out anywhere, I'd think Naples is one of the best places to do that. Good luck with your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: