Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2009, 10:28 AM

24 posts, read 67,772 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I currently reside in North Carolina and I am being considered for a position with a company that is located in Naples. I am married and have 1 child and we will have a second child in the next year or 2. Our little girl is 17 months old and is all over the place. Loves to be outside riding her Big Wheel and playing with her toys.

So, we are looking for homes that will provide her with room to play. I don't want to move multiple times, so I'm hoping to find a home with a good school system, and a neighborhood with other children.

I have read many threads and have seen a lot of the negative comments, but I have to believe there are some family oriented neighborhoods in the area.

I don't mind driving 30 minutes to work, so I'm fairly open as to where we go.

We are looking for 1 or 2 story single family homes, 2-3 car garage, and a decent size yard. .25-.5 acres (or more) would be good.

Any help you all can offer is MUCH appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 02:38 PM

376 posts, read 1,803,216 times
You might try some of the neighborhoods around Orange Blossom in North Naples (not far from Pine Ridge Road). Lots of family oriented neighborhoods around there. Naples covers a lot of area, you don't say where your office is located, so don't know if this would work or not.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:39 PM

515 posts, read 1,581,995 times
What part of naples? N,E,S or West? If North naples I'd look into Estero or Bonita Springs. Most of the newer houses here do not have any yards. Their usually about 10 feet away from your neighbors house. No room for the kids to play around the house. The developers are cramming in as many homes as possible to maximize their profit. The club houses and pools look great until the get over crowded from the community population once the place is sold out. AND PLEASE BE AWARE OF THOSE "HIGH" COMMUNITY HOA FEE'S that go along with your purchase. I have a home in Estero that is prolly 30 minutes from downtown naples. It's a 4/2 2 car garage, 3 car driveway and pool in a low traffic neighborhood. tjstrain@me.com for info.

Come down and rent first, do not buy! Get here look around for YOUR perfect place. Make damn sure your job will be there. I've heard of people like you moving here for a new job just to find out in a couple of months the position is gone, be careful.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:34 PM

3,417 posts, read 7,747,657 times
We need to know where your office is located. The commute can be a killer.

What is your housing budget?

Old 05-17-2009, 11:11 PM

592 posts, read 1,807,041 times
Lots of good advice here--be sure to take it! Especially what tjstrain told you. Stay in North Naples, if possible, too--better schools.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:47 PM

24 posts, read 67,772 times
The office is off of Goodlette Rd. North.
We have a $340K mortgage now here in NC, but we will want to scale back when we come to FL. So I would like to stay under $300K. I see a lot of good deals in Cape Coral. Anything wrong with that area? I am seeing 4/3 with 3 car garages on 1/4 acre or more in the $150's!!! I could get use to that mortgage! Most of these houses appear to be new or only 5 years old.

All the info you can provide is appreciated.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:27 PM

3,417 posts, read 7,747,657 times
Can you narrow it down a little? Goodlette Road North runs from Central Avenue in downtown all the way to Immokalee Road where it dead ends into the hospital. That is a giant stretch of land to figure in commute issues.

Cape Coral-I know little about CC. There are a TON of threads on here about it. The general consensus seems to be the quality of the areas can vary widely within CC.

My brother in law just moved there last week to the NE section. He is renting. I've only been there once but it seems like a nice quiet, sparsely populated area. I've only been to other parts a handful of other times so there are others on here way more qualified to comment.

The commute from CC to Goodlette Road, even the northern part, would be a killer.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:39 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,591,902 times
If you have kids, North Naples is the place to be for families. Generally speaking, the better schools are also there.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:00 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,591,902 times
Default I work with an aide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
Can you narrow it down a little? Goodlette Road North runs from Central Avenue in downtown all the way to Immokalee Road where it dead ends into the hospital. That is a giant stretch of land to figure in commute issues.

Cape Coral-I know little about CC. There are a TON of threads on here about it. The general consensus seems to be the quality of the areas can vary widely within CC.

My brother in law just moved there last week to the NE section. He is renting. I've only been there once but it seems like a nice quiet, sparsely populated area. I've only been to other parts a handful of other times so there are others on here way more qualified to comment.

The commute from CC to Goodlette Road, even the northern part, would be a killer.
who commutes from CC to Baron Collier (Pine Ridge) and has to be at work at 6:30 AM. I don't know how he does it, but he is a bachelor. What about Bonita or Estero? Closer and still family oriented. I know several young teachers with young families who live in Bonita.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples