U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:01 AM

15 posts, read 51,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSWAY View Post
Valencia is considered to be in Naples.
Pretty much everything in Collier County not in Immokalee, Everglades City, Goodland, and Marco is "in Naples." Even the delwebb out in the tomato fields near ave maria falsely advertises itself as "Naples."

There need to be new, more accurate names for these places in spite of what shady realtors call them. I have heard Valencia Lakes and the developments around it have been called "Orangetree" - why not use that? And it's too vague to call the stuff along Immokalee east of 75 "North Naples" at the same time Pelican Bay is North Naples. Why not call it Immokalee Road Area/Region/Corridor?

East Naples is another. The developments east of Collier Blvd south of 75 are referred to as Naples (seriously?) or even East Naples (which makes sense). But if that's the case, why not call the area around Airport/Davis just "Naples" or "Central Naples" ? Why the realtor hate against minorities/working class? They are closer to 5th Ave but don't get to call their area "Naples"?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 08:14 AM

340 posts, read 967,067 times
I agree, but I do not think it will change. Naples is a name everybody wants associated with their location.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:00 PM

3,229 posts, read 7,117,536 times
There are only three "real" boundaries and those are for the three cities. Most everything else is considered Naples.

A lot has to do with the post office.

The Valencia area is called Orangtree because that was the first development outside of the Estates zoning in that area. It's also called Corkscrew because of the fire district.

Munch is right. Everyone wants the Naples name. For example:

-The Bonita Shores residents use the Bonita Springs post office, and have been since the beginning of time. The rich Lely developers of Barefoot Beach tried to get it rezoned to Naples which they said had more prestige. The Bonita Shores folks went nuclear and stopped it.

-Before Orangetree that area was clearly considered Corkscrew which had a rural connotation to it. When they developed Orangetree they advertised it as "Naples" and it stuck.

-Ave Maria was zoned for the Immokalee post office and schools. They got that changed. Nobody says no to them.

-The Berkshire development tried to get their landline telephone exchange changed from 455 (which is Golden Gate) to any of the "Naples" exchanges. The phone company said no.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,541 times
Good morning, to anyone who can give an unbiased opinion of Valencia lakes. Currently considering buying and a number of flags have popped up. Can anyone please give me a straight scoop on the area, taxes, ext. QB

Old 12-08-2012, 09:57 AM

3,229 posts, read 7,117,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbbrennan View Post
Good morning, to anyone who can give an unbiased opinion of Valencia lakes. Currently considering buying and a number of flags have popped up. Can anyone please give me a straight scoop on the area, taxes, ext. QB
What kind of flags?

Old 12-12-2012, 07:21 PM

68 posts, read 194,662 times
You can get some good deals further west, as you already know Valencia lakes is pretty far out. That being said, we all have our own preferences, if you don’t need to work and you like the development, then it may work for you. But if the only reason you’re considering moving to Valencia lakes is because of the house prices being low, you may need to spend a little longer looking around Naples. I think that going with your gut instinct generally is best thing to do. The homes in Valencia lakes are going anywhere from $210,000-$310,000. You have many options within this price range. My advice is keep looking. Personal Message me if you want any more info on particular development etc. Taxes between $2000-$3000 a year.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:03 PM

38 posts, read 72,079 times
Default Health Care

I am curious about health care in the area. My husband has some serious health concerns and it looks to me like the closest hospital is in Sun City which, I assume, would mean he would have to be triaged and taken to Tampa. Has anyone had any experience with this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples