Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 05:03 PM

208 posts, read 609,543 times

Advertisements

I am looking at homes in Valencia Lakes. Anyone on here live there? Nice neighborhood?

I heard through the grapevine that Naples, Florida is going to be raising their taxes, is this true?

Thanks,
Kristin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 08:18 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,752,255 times
This is a nice area. There are not many businesses around so I would consider where you will be working. The commute can be a killer.

The politicians have made a preliminary decision to keep the budget about the same as last year in order to keep the same level of services. This will mean an increase in property taxes, since property values have declined, in order to bring in the same amount of revenue.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:19 AM

1,380 posts, read 5,906,292 times
Valencia Lakes is not in Naples, but out in Collier county.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:48 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,752,255 times
That is true, it is in unincorporated Collier County. It uses the Naples post office and is considered to be "Naples".

Old 07-03-2009, 11:52 AM

208 posts, read 609,543 times
I know it is a distance to drive. That is ok. It is near the school and I have teenage daughters that will be attending it. I just wanted to know if it was safe and basically crime free area. I am sure most of our time will be used up attending stuff at school.
By the way, my husband and I are both retired...so no need to be near work. Although he likes the idea of a golf course!

Old 01-01-2010, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 12,720 times
you do not want to live in Valencia Lakes. More arrests have been made in that community, ranging from, domestics, drugs, sex offenders, gangs, etc........ It turned into a rental community filled with evicted persons from the etates

Old 05-05-2010, 04:56 AM

1 posts, read 11,754 times
that is not true for Valincia Lakes there was a sex offender but he was kicked out of the community months ago. there are no gangs, drugs ect. every place has demestic violance. if they say they don't have it Im sure that is a lie. I have lived here for 6 years going on 7. and I have not had any problems. Yes there are some houses that have went up for rent due to the fact that there was some people that bought more than one house so they can rent out the other one.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:29 PM

8 posts, read 25,728 times
Valencia is considered to be in Naples. And yes it is a nice, safe communtity I lived there with my family for a year and had a lot of fun, neighbors were friendly,(not saying there not might be grumpy ones) and it has a nice clubhouse. It is quite a drive to anywhere, but I didnt mind. Yes we rented!! so what? does that automatically makes me a predator? or a drug abuser? no!!! it just show how smart I was on not buying right before economy colapsed. People is very fast to judge, so go with your gut. I can tell you this much, if Naples had more jobs to offer we would move back in a heartbeat. Instead we choose Bradenton.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 11,358 times
Anyone seen ALANA F. resident of Valencia Gold and country? She lives on birdie.
Please help....she is missing.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:13 PM

8 posts, read 21,669 times
Default what's your opinion on valencia lakes

Anyone out there live in Valencia Lakes? We are looking to buy, we have rented in Naples for 2 years and with the prices so low, now is the time. Valencia Lakes is out there a way which is a concern, however you can get a nice home with a pool for a good price. Please tell me about the clubhouse, workout area, age of residents? We are early 50's and working, grown children in other states. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples