U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 05:39 PM

22,583 posts, read 51,541,673 times

Advertisements

I love the Hyatt-Coconut Pointe. LUXURIOUS. They do have to water taxi you to the private beach, though. I checked the rates and they are staggeringly cheap.

Bonita Springs Hotels- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort- Bonita Springs Florida Hotel

Then there is The Ritz Carlton. More expensive but under $250 a night is doable. Go to the lap pool if you want it to be very quiet, although very few children travel at this time of year.

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples Beach: Hotel Information in Naples, Florida
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 07:59 PM

455 posts, read 927,357 times
Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Resort: Florida Resort, Day Spa, Weddings & Meetings - Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club

One of the landmark hotels in the area, golf, spa. In the city, close to 5th Ave. and 3rd St. S., upscale dining, shopping, galleries.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:03 PM

8,218 posts, read 5,292,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
No screaming kids? I would suggest something on Vanderbilt Beach. It's off-season, so La Playa should be under $200 a night.

Luxury Florida Resorts - LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, Naples, Florida
X2 on La Playa... I've only had great experiences there!

Old 09-10-2009, 09:31 PM

14,267 posts, read 17,856,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTommy View Post
Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Resort: [URL="http://naplesbeachhotel.com/index.html"]Florida Resort, Day Spa, Weddings & Meetings - Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club[/URL]

One of the landmark hotels in the area, golf, spa. In the city, close to 5th Ave. and 3rd St. S., upscale dining, shopping, galleries.
This was my first thought, although I haven't ever stayed there. I think La Playa is a little nicer. Many years ago when I "partied" I'd go to the Naples Beach Hotel on Sunday night. What was the name of that band? (Powerplay? Powerhouse?) Just didn't seem like a very quiet place to stay. There were also lots of children staying there. However, I agree it's a great, central location for a visit to Naples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I love the Hyatt-Coconut Pointe. LUXURIOUS. They do have to water taxi you to the private beach, though. I checked the rates and they are staggeringly cheap.
I agree! Really nice, but the reason I didn't mention the Hyatt at Coconut Point is because of the distance from Fort Lauderdale although it's only another 10 or 15 minutes from North Naples. But then you've got the Promenade closeby and Coconut Point across 41.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstrain View Post
La Playa is over priced and old. In big need of updating, clean and well kept but small rooms from what well traveled close friends of ours who stayed there recently told me. We had 4 drinks, 2 wines and a couple mixed, there one night after a nice dinner somewhere else and the tab was $80.00 plus. I guess because we were a couple hundred feet from the Gulf was the reason.
I'll take your word for it, since I never stayed in one of the rooms, but isn't being right on the Gulf what the OP asked for? In 1997 I ordered a mixed drink at the Naples Beach Hotel mentioned above and it was $6. That was at the pool bar and it was in a plastic cup. Yes, Lover's Key Resort is lovely, but I was responding to the request for a nice area of Naples.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
X2 on La Playa... I've only had great experiences there!
Apparently you have good taste!

Last edited by justNancy; 09-10-2009 at 09:57 PM..

Old 09-10-2009, 11:12 PM

340 posts, read 985,124 times
Lovers Key, nothing comes close

Old 09-11-2009, 04:33 AM

22,583 posts, read 51,541,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMunch View Post
Lovers Key, nothing comes close

First of all, it is in Fort Myers Beach which means that if you go off the property you have to deal with the riff-raff there.

Second, you'll want to go off the property. In fact, you'll have to go across the street just to get to a beach.

It's a condo hotel, that offers continental breakfast, and a second-rate beach bar/restaurant for food. That's it.

There's nothing special about this place. It's not a resort. It has one standard pool. It's not on the beach and it's not even in the general vicinity of where the OP wants to travel.

Last edited by hiknapster; 09-11-2009 at 04:53 AM..

Old 09-11-2009, 07:26 AM

340 posts, read 985,124 times
To Dade;
I live in Naples, believe me........it's worth the drive to go Down Bonita Beach Road and get to Estero Bay and Stay at the Lover's Key resort. Its located just across from the Lover's Key State park, just before you go over the Big draw bridge and get to Fort Myers Beach.
Lover's key is not on fort Myers beach.
I have some couples who are friends that live in Fort Lauderdale, they come over to stay at Lover's Key several times a year. They don't stop at Naples.

Lovers Key is a great place for a Husband and wife or for friends to spend a few days and take in the ambiance. The view from the tower rooms is simply amazing, you see Islands, dolphins, fishermen in boats, pleasure boats cruising by, people swimming, Maybe even some manatees. Request an East facing room ( bay view) for the best view.
The water and view in front of the Naples Hotels is just an endless mini-wave action of Gulf of Mexico. There is nothing to see for 200+ miles and the sandy beach is full of tough crushed shells. Naples doesn't have any hotels I would stay at if I was a loaded World traveler. I am a watercraft owner and when we go out for the nice day we always go up to the Lover's Key resort. They have their own soft private beach which is like 12 feet from their nice pool and the restaurant is pretty good. Their staff has been the same for many years and its a great setup.
Their restaurant has a million dollar view and sits right on the edge of the Estero Bay. Boats, skis and Sailboats pass by as you enjoy your lunch and often there is a family of Dolphins playing within 30 yards of your waterfront table. Naples has Nothing like this, never will.
If we really want to slum it we head down with the boats towards Marco Island and stop at one of the crummy waterfront restaurants in Naples Bay or the one on Goodland, (Stans) but they are dives. Marco Island has the Snook Inn but the food there is not on par with Lover's Key and The picnic bench atmosphere overlooking the rough windy waves is something I'll care to forget.
The Original poster wanted Nice beaches, ambiance, and tranquil waters.
Naples has none of those.
Take it from a local who is on the water/beaches a few times a month, stop in at Lover's Key Resort and ask the girls at the front desk if you can see what a room looks like and take a look at the view. They will gladly hand you a key and let you take a look inside one of their suites.

Last edited by BigMunch; 09-11-2009 at 07:50 AM..

Old 09-24-2009, 05:53 AM

10 posts, read 26,279 times
The Keys are nice if your doing it by motorcycle. my wife & I also ride over to Sanibel Island, by bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Nice hotel to spend a weekend at in Naples ?-wife-i-travelin-2008.jpg-1-.jpg  

Old 11-01-2009, 10:45 AM

1,210 posts, read 3,127,363 times
Lovers key also has possibly the best dog park in the universe, if you are a dog person.

Wherever you are staying, good daytrips would be

down to Tiger Tail beach on Marco, maybe lunch at Stilts for the view

drive up through FM beach and wind your way around to drive up to Captiva, several restaurants to choose from up there.

Fishermans wharf at Punta Gorda might be worthwhile...good sunset sportsbar at end

Old 11-01-2009, 01:25 PM

76 posts, read 216,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
Hello all...I am on the east coast near Ft. Lauderdale. Wife and I were thinking of driving down the Alley to the west coast to spend a weekend at a resort. There are so many to choose from. We want something right on the beach and something around 250 or less a night. We don't want screaming kids running around. Any suggestions ? We are in our early 30's. Just want to relax and take in nice ambiance. Beach is important....tranquil waters, soft white sand.

Thanks !
Try the Pussycat Motel" out on 75.

They know me there as "Mr French Tickler".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples