Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 06:51 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,182,686 times

Advertisements

I'm still wondering what the OP is considering a 'green' business.
He/she doesn't appear to have any idea of what kind of business they want, just that it be wanted and successful.....and....green(??)
I'm tryong to think of something I haven't been able to find when we're in Naples.
Thanks to other posters I did remember there was something until late last spring.....cottage cheese!
Publix finally imported a New England brand

Maybe 167 should open a nothern brand dairy products outlet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 11:43 AM

108 posts, read 317,670 times
thanks for all the input, yes i've run my own construction company...
..green = healthy food (scratch that, hwhole foods)
=alternative energy (there an actual bio diesel plant here..soooo)--and i'm not a scientist.
= cleaner less poluting alternatives (whole foods, natural cleaners etc...everything been done already)
= ecological,...GREEN= things pertaining to the Earth and People in a healthy environment.

----so yea, maybe its all been done in Naples already...

Old 09-13-2009, 11:48 AM

hence the OP....

What's MISSING here that yhou'd like to have happen?? (besides N/E food....or really any food as its been done)

[and yesss, GREEN is verrrry broad.so ANY original ideas are good.]

Old 09-13-2009, 12:14 PM

do you guys care about fuel efficiency by any chance? cleaning (cleaners, air, clothes, household goods etc.) efficiency? power consumption/electricity? other?

Old 09-21-2009, 04:41 PM

63 posts, read 248,435 times
I got everything I need.

Thanks.

Now, if you are looking to do green there is a lot of potential. Obviously, you are going to need funding. If you are looking for ideas, there are a lot of "greeniacs" teaching at FGCU and a lot of local mailing lists to get on. A lot of these people are PhD-holders looking for more people to work with. I happen to be on a few lists (they are waterway-based as I do a lot of boating). Of course, there are a lot of rich retirees but there are some with eco-backgrounds who are just looking for that right idea to fund.

"this is the last place in the USA to ever have any music louder than 60db"

Oh, trust me, there are worse places. Been there, done that.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:42 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim09091 View Post
I got everything I need.

Thanks.

Now, if you are looking to do green there is a lot of potential. Obviously, you are going to need funding. If you are looking for ideas, there are a lot of "greeniacs" teaching at FGCU and a lot of local mailing lists to get on. A lot of these people are PhD-holders looking for more people to work with. I happen to be on a few lists (they are waterway-based as I do a lot of boating). Of course, there are a lot of rich retirees but there are some with eco-backgrounds who are just looking for that right idea to fund.

"this is the last place in the USA to ever have any music louder than 60db"

Oh, trust me, there are worse places. Been there, done that.
Nice post!

Old 09-22-2009, 04:24 PM

thanks all replies are appreciated.
I'm curious if there's anyone under 40 that has replied to this thread?

Old 09-22-2009, 06:39 PM

515 posts, read 1,589,956 times
Default what an F'ing loser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 167878 View Post
WOW, sadly, this thread is proof of the worthless town i live in,...w/ people as vain as this...all you can think to do is eat tasty food, no wonder your fat and theres nothing to do here, except get fat and watch tv...
...the problem with this country is the PEOPLE, nothing else. as it was prophesied, ''you grew fat and got lazy, now they dont pay u no mind''

--philly cheese steaks... pfffft, can you think of something that would better the community as a whole?
With an initial response like you did here, whatever business you open will fail because you don't want to here what people have to say, you want to here what you want to sell. Going green has been tried and failed everywhere. With your attitude it's gonna fail fast! It's a hard sell and you certainly can't sell!

Old 09-22-2009, 06:46 PM

515 posts, read 1,589,956 times
as it was prophesied, ''you grew fat and got lazy, now they dont pay u no mind''

maybe you need to open a church and force on people what you want to sell! or spend some time and research what is needed or wanted, "find a niche and fill it"...... it might be a tad hard doing that i naples where most of the niches have been filled. Your looking for a miracle trying to find a business here to start. What's your background? Did you say construction?

Old 09-23-2009, 12:42 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstrain View Post
What's your background? Did you say construction?
He's a rock star.

No. I'm not kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples