Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 03:13 PM

208 posts, read 611,945 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a "good" family Dr in the Naples area. Maybe North Naples?

Must be a family Dr that cares about his/her patients. I have lupus and RSD as well as a few correlating autoimmune diseases and my Dh has a severe lung disease (giant bullous emphysema). I also have 2 teenage daughters that need to see the Dr too.

No quack Dr please. I have been down that road several times.

Thanks,
Kristin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 03:17 PM

455 posts, read 978,567 times
Dr. Francis Harrington, Internist and former Pharmacist. Very caring. Very very smart. His wife is a Family Practitioner that treats the younger ones. Fresh out of Med School, sweet lady. I see both of them. Him for meds, her for "girl stuff". http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Fra...arrington.html

Old 10-04-2009, 03:21 PM

Wow, that was quick, thank you!

Anyone else? I have to interview each Dr first...I know that sounds funny, but with my illnesses and my husbands disease, I need to make sure they are on top of things.

Thanks again,
Kristin

Old 10-04-2009, 08:01 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,290,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTommy View Post
Dr. Francis Harrington, Internist and former Pharmacist. Very caring. Very very smart. His wife is a Family Practitioner that treats the younger ones. Fresh out of Med School, sweet lady. I see both of them. Him for meds, her for "girl stuff". Dr. Francis E Harrington Jr, MD (Internist) - Doctor in Naples, FL - Internal Medicine
Fritz Harrington is my Dr.s fill in for when mine is away. I was okay with him, but I found him alittle intimidating in manner and look. Definately of large stock too!. His wife I found charming, tender and willing to give you all the time you need and I knew she was listening.
That said, I think they're both good, but I prefer mine to him. But I'm afraid mine is an internist too and doesn't take new patients. Even when I moved here 10 years ago he only took me because the rest of my family saw him since 1985, when they all moved here. I worry that he'll retire in the next couple of years and I'll have to travel to N. Naples for anyone new. That's about 25-30 miles away.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:31 PM

Yea...Dr. H is a big boy with a big voice but he's a real teddy bear...really cares about his patients. I worked with him at one of the hospitals and saw him in action with hospitalized patients-showing up in the E.R. at 3:00-4:00 in the morning. His Pharmacy degree gives him a real leg up when treating patients too.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:47 PM
B4U

I liked going to his office the few times I did, just to treat myself at Winns Market afterward. LOL!
I could spend a year's pay in that place and the hardware store next door. But that's off topic and it was only after I started feeling better.
I had pnemonia at the time and I just wanted to go home to bed, trying to avoid hospitalization, and couldn't handle him. And the having to drive 20-22 to see him just made me want to cry knowing I'd have to drive all the way back, which seemed like a country away. Again, no reflection on him.
Nothing personal or bad about the quality of his care. I just wished for a gentler demeanor. The waiting room was full even if only ½ the people were there to be with someone actually seeing the doc. So I did assume he was popular.
And should I need my doc and he's away, I will go back. I still would prefer his wife though.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:55 AM

Thanks everyone!
A big body and loud voice do not bother me, a Dr that doesn't listen to his patients does. This one sounds like he will listen and is there when you need him. Thanks for your help everyone. I will be calling a few different Drs this week with questions. It is always good to have references.

Thanks again, Kristin

Old 10-05-2009, 01:28 PM

David C. White is another good Internist. Young and very smart, very caring too. Howard Cohen is a great Pulmonologist for Hubby.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:21 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Hi MrsTommy
A quick look at the drs you mentioned showed 800 Goodlet Rd.
Memory (we are seasonal) tells me that is the office address of the Anchor Group. Is that right?
We went to a doctor there who's name will NOT be mentioned here for recommending

Old 10-06-2009, 06:27 AM
B4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Hi MrsTommy
A quick look at the drs you mentioned showed 800 Goodlet Rd.
Memory (we are seasonal) tells me that is the office address of the Anchor Group. Is that right?
We went to a doctor there who's name will NOT be mentioned here for recommending
Soory about your bad experience here, old_cold.

Did you try getting a reference from your Dr. upnorth?
That's what most folks due as often the drs. here don't take on new patients without a referral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples