U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 07:22 AM

208 posts, read 581,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMunch View Post
The older people are wiser, they stay close in where they are centrally located and their are attractions and restaurants. A chicken fight would probably not interest them
Never saw a chicken fight...lol! You guys make the Estates sound like it is in redneck central. It is beautiful out here. Albeit, there are no restaurants, but the attractions, well, nature provides them.
Some of the Estates are close enough to Immokalee Rd, that a quick drive and you can be in North Naples.

I think, most elderly people stay away from here, because of the large lot sizes and like you said BigMunch, no restaurants. Most younger families, eat at home.

I would like to know where all these younger people are working. Really most of the houses out here are selling to 25-35 yr olds, they have got to have jobs, or they couldn't buy right? Maybe they had jobs and moved from Naples (the city). Country life is peaceful. If you have to work in the city with all the snow birds, I am sure coming out here, is a needed relief from the busy roads and rude people. I have never met a rude person yet, but I have been told they are out there...

Oh well, this is off topic anyway, the OP wanted to know about North Naples, and an active social life...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 10:18 AM

3 posts, read 6,984 times
Default Naples bound

naples forida is a thriving community based upon a diverse crosssection of people. the fith ave district is where things happen. art, history, shopping, wonderfull dining. don't forget to visit Biche' restaurant at the end of fifth ave. there you will meet some interesting local folk and the staff is outstanding (young as well). if you have a job secured...your are half way to becomming the newest local. visit star bucks as well on fifth.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:31 PM

5,642 posts, read 9,060,460 times
Naples exists for SEASON and it's snowbirds. That is simply a fact of life in this place. Young families are totally secondary to it's existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples