Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 04:50 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,543,117 times

Advertisements

My main interest is the Naples area and Collier County. I've been posting in this, the Ft. Myers/Cape Corel thread, but I think there is enough interest in Naples for the area to have it's own thread. Possible? Comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 05:19 PM

201 posts, read 611,472 times
I'm on board. Certainly would make it easier for those interested in Collier Co and environs. Maybe a moderator can chime in on what the criteria is for creation of a new forum.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:18 PM

917 posts, read 2,615,082 times
Well, I think for the idea to work, you would have to have a few local residents involved. I can think of one Naples resident here, but a lot of people seem to think that she's too negative. I can also think of one or two Golden Gate residents, but they don't post too often. There's one member who gives very balanced opinions about the Naples area but she's hiding out in Port Charlotte right now.

I guess you could have a bunch of people from out of state sharing their views on Naples.

The Sarasota-Braden-Venice forum also covers; North Port, Englewood, Port Charlotte, Arcadia, and Punta Gorda

The Cape Coral-Fort Myers forum also covers Punta Gorda, Tropical Gulf Acres, Estero, Lehigh Acres, Naples and Golden Gate

A Naples area forum would cover Naples, Golden Gate, and ...?

Not really trying to make any point here. Just playing with the idea.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:05 PM

208 posts, read 612,127 times
Well, I for one would like a separate Naples/ Golden Gate Estates forum. There are a few of us here from this area.

Thanks

Old 02-01-2010, 08:32 PM

The thread title says it all: "Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County". Seeing that I began to wonder if I could post Collier County flavored messages here.......

Old 02-01-2010, 11:06 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
Well, I for one would like a separate Naples/ Golden Gate Estates forum. There are a few of us here from this area.

Thanks
People can always start their own blogs. However, if you look at the number of new posts on this forum, there aren't that many and it covers all of Charlotte County, Lee County and Collier County.

I do agree with tmozer, however, that perhaps the forum name should be changed to include Naples.

Nothing personal, but I find it ironic that people in Naples feel it should have its own forum. I mean, there's a Vero/Port St Lucie forum and that covers Sebastian to Stuart which is Indian River County, St Lucie County, Martin County - a heck of a lot more people than little old Naples. Palm Beach County is the largest county in Florida AFAIK and West Palm Beach doesn't have its own forum. In fact, the Capital of NC doesn't even have its own forum!

Of course, we all know that Naples is in a class by itself.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:58 AM

917 posts, read 2,615,082 times
The irony wasn't missed by me either.

I think the best place for those interested in pursuing this would be in the "about the forum pages"
//www.city-data.com/forum/about-forum/

I see request for new forums there quite often.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:07 AM

1 posts, read 3,582 times
Default Naples thread

Good idea - I am looking for information about the Naples area before buying and moving.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudd5 View Post
Good idea - I am looking for information about the Naples area before buying and moving.
I've posted this request in a couple places including the link above and the Florida link. Post your support there and perhaps they will either add the thread or update the thread name.......

Old 02-02-2010, 09:40 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
They add forums based on how many times it is mentioned. And asking for and discussing having its own forum does not count.

In other words, it probably is not going to happen. Maybe it will, but no amount of lobbying is going to make it so.

City-data is run in a very methodical and intelligent way.

However, I don't think it is a horrible idea to add the name "Naples" to the forum. In fact, I've thought of that on more than one occasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples