Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 11:51 AM

3 posts, read 3,387 times

Advertisements

We are looking at a possible relocation to the Nashville area from Memphis (thank God). We will actually be in town this weekend and explore possibilities. My husband will be working in Brentwood and I am curious what the drive would be like from Mt. Juliet? I have been reading around this site for a couple of days but hadn't found anything on that specifically.

Our home budget is $300,000, we would like new construction or homes less than 3-4 years old. We don't have children right now but are waiting for an adoption so we plan to have them in the near future. Is a drive from Mt. Juliet to Brentwood okay? Or are there other areas we could look into that I may not be considering? We definitely want a safe area, we don't like rural and would like to at least have grass, LOL, (our home is on a 15,000 sq. ft. lot here so not huge or small). HOA don't scare us as we have one now but we don't want it to be overly strict either.

We would really appreciate any and all advice. We will have some time on Saturday to look into some subdivisions if there are any recommended for us to walk through some model homes and get a feel.

Thanks so much! I have seen that you guys are great for communicating excellent advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 12:20 PM

610 posts, read 1,623,462 times
I'm curious why you aren't considering living in Brentwood itself. For that price range, you should be fine in that area-zoned for Williamson County, Brentwood High is one of the nation's best high schools and it's a pretty elite area in Nashville.
I love Mt Juliet and am considering moving there myself, but I don't have that price range and can move to Mt Juliet for more bang for my buck and the school system is good.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:22 PM

And the drive I'd say 30 minutes with no traffic-I-65 to I-40. I drive on 65 S everyday at 7 and 5 and it seems that traffic is terrible heading east on 40 (I drive opposite way)

Old 06-23-2010, 12:26 PM

3 posts, read 3,387 times
We would definitely love to consider the 'real' Brentwood, but from everything I read I didn't think you could touch a new house for $300,000? If so, we would for sure look in that area.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:41 PM

I see. I went to Nashville MLS with your criteria, put in 250K-310K and no older than 2006 and it turned up 7 results, mainly in Highpoint Terrace neighborhood. So it's feasible...Cool Springs and Franklin would be closer than Mount Juliet, also.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:23 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
That is not in Brentwood. It's South Nashville. Your best bet to make sure you're where you want to be is to go to RealTracs Real Estate Mid-South Property Finder and search by county.
Kim is right in that you cannot get new construction in "the real" Brentwood for $300K. The median home price in B'wood is around $440K.
Driving from Mt. Juliet to B'wood would be a haul, but he'd be going against traffic, which is a blessing. Still, it would be one heck of a commute but all on interstate.
Have you thought of Nolensville? There is a lot of new construction there, and it is in Williamson County.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:33 PM

Oh sorry, I put in the zip 37027, and it turned that neighborhood up. Strange.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:50 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airen123 View Post
Oh sorry, I put in the zip 37027, and it turned that neighborhood up. Strange.
This is what I wrote in response to an earlier question someone asked about whether Brentwood is in Williamson or Davidson County.

"All of the city of Brentwood is in Williamson County. There are parts of the south Nashville area that developers have called "Brentwood" because of the prestige. People assume Old Hickory Blvd. is the boundary for Williamson/Davidson counties. It isn't. Old Hickory Blvd. near I-65 is in Nashville.
In fact, the "Brentwood" post office, zip code 37027, is in Davidson County, not Williamson. That, in fact, is why some houses in that area of Nashville are able to have a Brentwood address.
HOWEVER... If the house pays property taxes to the Davidson County clerk and is zoned for Overton High School, it is not in Brentwood.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:57 PM

627 posts, read 1,845,939 times
Going home would be brutal. Each night there is a slow long line trying to get onto 440 E from I-65 N.

For $300k and newer you should look at Nolensville. The commute to Brentwood wouldn't be too bad.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:52 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,206,133 times
Where will he be working in Brentwood? Maryland Farms? That could be a deciding factor. Also, no way I'd want that commute from Mt. Juliet.

I'll 3rd Nolensville, although the traffic on Concord can be a PITA in the mornings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville