Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 08:37 AM

163 posts, read 580,983 times

Advertisements

We are looking at the Murfreesboro/Lascassas area. Hubby will be working in Smyrna. We are going to look at houses next weekend. Probably be moving in August.

With that said, what are some good places to take a 2 year old to play? Any nice parks? What about nice shopping areas? For now, I will get to stay at home with our daughter! So any places that would be good for a fun day, let me know!

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 09:18 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,446,336 times
I'm sure the 'Boro folks will answer this more thoroughly, but the Avenue off of Medical Center Pkwy is the big (new) shopping area down there. Stones River Mall is also an option (off of Old Fort Pk) but it's been years since I have been in there. And the downtown square is always neat to walk around. There are a few good restaurants down there (Marina's is great).

Old 06-24-2010, 12:16 PM

Thanks. Hubby and I will be in the area next weekend to look at some houses. I will check out the spots.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:36 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,710,050 times
I have friends who love the indoor water park at Patterson Park Community Center. They drive from Franklin to play there. It's supposed to be great for toddlers/preschoolers:

Parks and Rec - Patterson Pool

Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 PM

Ooh, thanks! I just checked it out and our daughter would love it! She loves water!

Old 06-25-2010, 01:14 PM

764 posts, read 2,542,638 times
The pool at Patterson Park is a lot of fun for little ones and the Discovery Center is very close by as well. TONS of activities for kids, especially the younger set, and there are picnic tables and walking trails for you to enjoy if it's not too hot during your visit.

Discovery Center at Murfree Spring | Murfreesboro, TN Discovery Center

You could also drop by Old Fort Park to let your daughter run around and burn off energy. It's a city park and HUGE playground great for kids, but you'll want to stay within arms reach to those younger than 3, in my opinion. There are lots of pathways in and around the playfort and little children can easily get lost behind the high walls. The Murfreesboro Greenway runs thru the park if you're up for a walk and you can rent bicycles or enjoy concessions at the main shelter. There is a creek nearby that my kids *love* to play in, too.

If you're looking for a quieter playground area, you can visit one off of the Greenway system. We frequent the one located at General Bragg trailhead - there is a large pavilion with restrooms and you can take a stroll along the Stones River. The Cason Trailhead is new and larger than General Bragg, but traffic can be a pain on that side of town, IMO. Again, it's part of the Greenway system and you can walk along the river here as well.

Parks and Rec - Trailheads

The Avenue has a make your own pottery store and Michael's usually has childrens activities on the weekends as does Barnes and Noble. The shopping center also hosts kids' activities on certain weekends - check the schedule to see if anything coincides with your trip.

Murfreesboro |

Other areas of interest in Murfreesboro include a visit to the Oaklands Mansion, Splash Out at the parks, Movie Under the Stars and Uncle Dave Macon Days. You can download the latest Rec Connection publication for detailed info.

http://www.ci.murfreesboro.tn.us/upl...n/RC%20web.pdf

Have a great visit!

Old 06-25-2010, 01:31 PM

Mary, you did it again! Thanks so much! I have looked at the site but it is alittle overwhelming. The General Bragg Trailhead would be perfect since it has a dog park...we don't have a dog park around here so the girls (aka our dogs) will love it!

I will have to print off the Rec Connection. Thanks again!

Old 06-25-2010, 01:37 PM

764 posts, read 2,542,638 times
The Bark Park is a very nice amenity! It can get busy on the weekends, but if it gets overwhelming for your girls you can always take a quick walk down the greenway trail for a bit. My dog *loves* playing in the river on a hot day, too. Some people let their dogs off leash to play in the water which is tolerated within the local dog community as long as they're well-behaved. My dog is NOT (he's a husky and will take off to go exploring if he's off leash) so we just take the extra long leash if we go to the river.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:12 PM

We have 3 dogs actually, 2 girls and 1 boy. The girls would be fine in the park...even though they are 50lbs each, they are scared of a little bitty dog. lol They are super friendly. The boy would be good too, he just gets hyper alot; he is part maltese and part yorkie. I have always wanted to take the kids to a dog park but there are none around us now. I am kinda excited about it. lol

And I know our daughter will love being outside playing...we have to fight her to come in when the sun sets now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville