Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 01:28 PM

2 posts, read 5,846 times

Advertisements

Hi-
We are in the middle of looking to buy a home in Franklin. We noticed a LOT of houses for sale on Dark Woods Drive and also some on connecting streets. Just wondering if there is a reason for this or just normal moving season sales?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 04:27 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,862 times
My friends have the house for sale next to the walking trail on Dark Woods. They loved it there, but are moving because of a new job. I noticed the others too last week as I was helping them move.

Can't speak for the others, but they really loved it there. They miss the pool area already.

If you're looking there, theirs is move-in empty. New carpet, paint, etc.

Good luck wherever you buy!

Old 06-28-2010, 04:57 PM

627 posts, read 1,846,363 times
From my experience house hunting, subdivisions with houses crammed upon each other typically have many homes for sale all the time. There are many factors in play, but typical ones are:

1. This is a starter home neighborhood. People buy what they can afford, then quickly find out that they have outgrown these small homes. After a few years of raises, they figure they can afford another $400 per month in a mortgage, so they move out.
2. People quickly tire of living on top of their neighbor. These lots are between 1/8th and 1/6th of an acre. That's basically a postage stamp. You don't like your neighbor on both sides, that could get bad quickly.
3. People can't stand how the board runs the association, can't get the change they want, get frustrated and move out.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,935 times
Hi - Franklin Green is a great neighborhood. I know several people on Dark Woods - one older woman is moving bc her husband recently passed away. A couple families are moving out of state. And another family bought a bigger house. I think a lot of people were waiting for "spring market" to put their houses up and so a bunch went up at once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: