Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2007, 06:32 PM

2 posts, read 35,679 times

Advertisements

Hi, my name is ashley and my husband and i just moved here to clarksville, TN. My husband was just based at Fort Campbell and are loving it. but i've heard alot about hauntings around town b/c i live in historic downtown clarksville at the old highschool. i was wondering what kind of haunting tours and such that you can do around here and what places are haunted and is the old clarksville high school haunted? so ya tons of questions and i need tons of answers!! lol thanks!
Ash
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 08:15 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,206,471 times
There is a "Haunted Tennessee" thread buried back a couple of months. There were some links to Tennessee ghosts and stuff. You might want to "dig" that up (pun intended!).

The Bell Witch is the biggest spooky thing in that area (the movie An American Haunting was roughly based on it). It happened in Adams, which is just over the county line in Robertson County. You can visit the Bell Witch monument and some of the other sites.

I went to the old Clarksville High School. By then they had converted it to a junior (middle) high school. If it's haunted, it's probably by my old algebra teacher.

Last edited by alleycat; 06-21-2007 at 08:41 PM..

Old 06-21-2007, 08:33 PM

2 posts, read 35,679 times
haha thats funny i'll let you know if i see your old teacher lol ya this weekend a friend of mine from atl is coming down and we are going the bell witch cave, is it lame or cool? and what else do they have for that? thanks for the info

Old 06-21-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWifeBowen View Post
haha thats funny i'll let you know if i see your old teacher lol ya this weekend a friend of mine from atl is coming down and we are going the bell witch cave, is it lame or cool? and what else do they have for that? thanks for the info
It's been so long since I've been, that I can't remember. There a tall monument with what people believe is a crystal ball on top at her gravesite. It seems like the house is there, but it may have burned since I was a young lad (I'm not sure either way).

There are ghost stories about all sorts of places in Tennessee.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 17,565 times
anyone know more about miller road behind resthaven cemetary?

Old 10-25-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwetsrtesrtertertsdg View Post
Well, I certainly know the road. And Resthaven (my father is buried there).

Are you just asking about the road? Because this is a thread about places haunted in Clarksville.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:52 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,786 times
Agree about the Bell Witch thing.
The cemetary next to the Smith-Trahern Mansion is pretty creepy. When I was younger and in Girl Scouts, I had a feeling that something was watching us and we even felt like we were being followed....but there was no one in the grave yard. Since then I have not returned and dont plan to.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:33 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
The entire Bell Witch thing is very creepy. I am a bigtime scaredy cat and want no part of that.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:00 PM

5 posts, read 24,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwetsrtesrtertertsdg View Post
I wish wish wish I had an accurate history of the place, but unfortunately, I've just heard the "word of mouth" version. I actually went there a few years back. That road feels like it goes on for miles and stops at a gate. Weeeellll I kinda sorta hopped the gate & walked around & took pictures. My cousin was with me and we went over to the barn on the property & as we were standing there peaking through the cracks of the door, hay from the top floor of the barn fell down on my cousin's head. It was low enough for us to see that nothing was up there.

I heard that a really mean slave owner used to own the property a long time ago. The house has burnt down since but the chimney was still intact when i went there.

It's not really all that "scary" if that's what you're looking for. Then again, I dont think Adams is either.

I've been to many "scarier" places around clarksville but most of them were by way of trespassing.

Oh & uh, the smith-trahern is not haunted.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 7,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenpartyy View Post
I wish wish wish I had an accurate history of the place, but unfortunately, I've just heard the "word of mouth" version. I actually went there a few years back. That road feels like it goes on for miles and stops at a gate. Weeeellll I kinda sorta hopped the gate & walked around & took pictures. My cousin was with me and we went over to the barn on the property & as we were standing there peaking through the cracks of the door, hay from the top floor of the barn fell down on my cousin's head. It was low enough for us to see that nothing was up there.

I heard that a really mean slave owner used to own the property a long time ago. The house has burnt down since but the chimney was still intact when i went there.

It's not really all that "scary" if that's what you're looking for. Then again, I dont think Adams is either.

I've been to many "scarier" places around clarksville but most of them were by way of trespassing.

Oh & uh, the smith-trahern is not haunted.
Me and a group of friends are looking for places trying to find More scary places then adams. Help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville