Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2010, 09:22 PM

13 posts, read 31,611 times

Advertisements

hi. My husband is getting transfered to nashville so I have been researching where we want to live. I am surprised that I have not found public pools in the cities? Are there any cities with great pools? Does anyone know if summer swim teams are popular down here? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 06:06 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,037,678 times
I can only speak to Williamson County, south of Nashville.
Swimming has really grown here, and a lot of the school swim teams are competitive. There are public pools, per se, but there is a membership fee to use them. The county has really nice rec centers through the Williamson County Parks and Rec, and they host swim teams there.

Aquatics • Williamson County Parks & Recreation

http://www.wcsltn.com/teams/brentwood.barraducas.html

Excel Aquatics is one of the more active programs.

http://www.excelaquatics.org/

There also are swim teams through the local YMCAs at Maryland Farms and Brentwood Y that compete against teams from Murfreesboro, Smyrna and other towns. The Brentwood Y team is called the Seahawks and the Maryland Farms team is called the Throughbreds.

Aquatics | YMCA of Middle Tennessee (http://www.ymcamidtn.org/maryland_farms/aquatics - broken link)

Other local swim clubs host teams, such as Wildwood Swim and Tennis Club.
http://www.wildwoodswim-tennis.org/

Old 07-19-2010, 08:09 AM

160 posts, read 503,357 times
I'm in Mt. Juliet and while we don't have public pools I know there are several subdivision pools you can buy a membership just for your child to swim on their team(or for the whole family). Also, I believe the YMCA has a swim team in Donelson.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:36 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,847,306 times
Hendersonville YMCA, of course, has a pool and there is also a competitive swimming pool on Walton Ferry that is used for school and team competitions.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:42 PM

13 posts, read 31,611 times
Thanks for all the great input!! The ymca looks so pricey...I can handle the $100 a month...but swim team is $50 a month...per child I believe. I emailed to verify the per child, but havent heard back. While all 3 of my kids swim, they are not point scorers. We do it for exercise and fun...so i have to stay in budget. Plus up here we just do it in the summer...something to keep the kids active. I think the y is a lil more than fits them. But I have found a few summer programs that look a lil more of a fit for my kids.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:39 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,037,678 times
Unless they've made major changes, I don't recall paying $50 per month per child for swim team!! Definitely call to verify that.
ALso, if you join the Y, you get a facility member discount on all Y sports.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:58 AM

51 posts, read 197,948 times
Check out the division teams in the Nashville Swim League...It is a summer-based program.

Nashville Swim League

Some teams are fielded by country clubs, some by private pools, and some by subdivision pools that you typically must live in the neighborhood to join. Some of the teams are based in ajoining counties, not just the metro area.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville