Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 04:24 PM

48 posts, read 284,178 times

Advertisements

I've posted earlier about moving to the Nashville vicinity in June '06, but would like specific info on Rutherford County as well. I've received some great info on Franklin and Hendersonville already. Does any have insight on Murfreesboro and other Rutherford County cities/towns? Jobs, high schools, cost of living, quality of life? Thanks to anyone who can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2006, 08:52 PM

10 posts, read 39,799 times
Can't go wrong with Murfreesboro. We're planning on moving there in June as well - from FL.

High schools there are the best. We are looking to be in the Siegel, Blackmon or Riverdale district. We looked at all three schools and were truely impressed.

Franklin is too expensive and mostly the elite live there. Hendersonville is not so bad, at least I don't think so. It appeared to be a bit of a disaster to drive into Nashville during rush hour. I prefer not to be north of Nashville. Seems like the tornados like that area best.

Cost of living was much better than Florida. Much better. State tax is nearly 10% though. Ouch!

Old 04-17-2006, 09:29 PM

We just returned from Nashville yesterday and will definitely move to Murfreesboro. We visited with the fine folks at Riverdale High School and liked it very much. We tried to go over to Blackmon, but could not find an appropriate place for visitors to park and when I asked a student, she had no idea and didn't seem too interested in helping anyway. That clinched the deal for Riverdale because they practically rolled out a red carpet for us, making certain we toured the entire school and spoke with all the appropriate people. I'll make another trip later to secure housing because we were basically on a fact finding mission this trip. WE LOVE TENNEESSEE!! We can't wait to move there. Everyone is so friendly and helpful.

Taxes in my area are 8.75, so a slight increase will not matter, plus TN appears to use their taxes more wisely than Louisiana. Therefore, I don't mind paying the higher tax. I do like that the cost of living is lower than New Orleans as well as the potential for jobs in/around Murfreesboro rather than make that trek into Nashville each day. Yikes! The rush hour traffic going into Nashville was a nightmare, as we witnessed on our way down to Murfreesboro one morning.

Best of luck to you with your move.

Old 04-30-2006, 10:14 PM

4 posts, read 6,720 times
Great information! I can't wait to take the drive up in one week!! : )
Now I am really excited! (I'm driving up from FL)

Old 05-01-2006, 07:46 AM

3 posts, read 10,153 times

Murfreesboro is absolutely beautiful! I recently visited family there and I CAN'T WAIT until I can move there!!!!Not too small, Not too large of a city. Well planned out.
See you there!!

Old 05-02-2006, 05:55 AM

10 posts, read 40,260 times
Default Murfreesboro is beautiful? In what way?

I haven't visited there yet but we are thinking of this area also. So where in Rutherford county can I take my husband where he will fall in love with the land and scenery? I want to be close to Murfreesboro for work but need to be in the country for garden, animals,etc. Any advice will be appreciated.
Schools are not an issue as we don't have children at home.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:33 AM

Murfreesboro is a vibrant, bustling town. My son and I loved it when we were there a few weeks ago. We drove out towards the Christiana area to look at a house, which was very country, wide open, and beautiful scenery, yet still close to town. It was only about a 5-6 mile drive, but seemed like more due to the remote feel of the area. We liked the fact that you have a city/country combo w/out much effort or driving. The best of both worlds actually. You can go anywhere around Murfreesboro and see beauty as well as experience peacefulness and relaxation. We're looking to rent at first and need something in the Riverdale High School district, but fortunately, this district is widespread. Good luck w/your move.

Old 05-02-2006, 08:03 AM

Default Thank you for info

Hope we can visit within the next year; have to arrange around (nursing)school schedule and husbands work (out of state). I feel such a tug at my heat for TN, hard to explain. Have visited area south of Columbia, very laid back and pretty area.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:50 PM

3 posts, read 10,153 times
Lightbulb Nurse/dixieheart

Co-incidence?........I am a nurse also. What school of nursing do you attend?

Old 05-05-2006, 03:37 AM

Default Hey Chabro

Sent you a pm. I've tried on nurses forum to get info; must be big secret. Makes me more determined than ever to check out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville