U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2010, 12:14 PM

39 posts, read 149,493 times

Advertisements

We are visiting Nashville and would like to see the Natchez Trace, where is the best place to pick it up and is there anything else to see, have lunch, en route? Information Im finding online is slightly overwhelming considering the various spots to pick up the parkway. Staying in Brentwood and any suggestions would be appreciated!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 PM

3,809 posts, read 7,508,828 times
If you're staying in Brentwood, you're not too far away from the northern terminus. I think you can take Old Hickory Blvd to Highway 100. I'd get on Highway 100 and just before the parkway entrance you'll find the Loveless Cafe. It's reknown for its biscuits and southern cuisine. Although, I have to admit I think it's a bit overrated, but still it is very well known. Otherwise, you can hop on the parkway by getting on I 65 south, get off at highway 96 in Frankln and take it to the parkway where you'll see the beautiful double arch bridge. Drive under it and get on the parkway there.

I've driven the parkway all the way to Natchez before. It's a beautiful drive and well worth an day trip to drive down a ways to see it. The earlier you can get on the parkway the better chance you'll have of seeing wildlife. I've seen numerous deer grazing 10-15 feet from the roadway before. I'd definitely drive down to Hohenwald to see the Meriweather Lewis monument if you have the time (about 1:15 from the northern terminus). If you're interested in the Civil War, Shiloh Battlefield isn't too far off the trace just a little bit further from Hohenwald. You might also want to stop at Leipers Fork on the way back home. It's a neat little artsy community just south of Franklin. No matter where you go, take it all in and be sure to stop off at stops that interest you. I'd suggest checking out the "Old Trace" spots when you can to see the original trail that was used so many years ago.

Do be sure to stay within the speed limits. Highway patrolmen love monitoring the Parkway for speeders. And you're likely to see a large number of bikers on the road too.

Finally, I suggest Traveling The Trace by the Summerleins as a good resource book. They've got information about nearly every trace stop and nearby side trips. Definitely worth a look.

Amazon.com: Traveling the Trace: A Complete Tour Guide to the Historic Natchez…

Old 08-11-2010, 02:16 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,073,455 times
The Trace is so beautiful! Have a wonderful time!

Old 08-11-2010, 04:08 PM

39 posts, read 149,493 times
Thank you both, doncorleone, the info you provided is exactly what I needed! I appreciate it, looking forward to our drive!

Old 08-11-2010, 04:23 PM

3,809 posts, read 7,508,828 times
Hope you have a good time.

By the way, there really isn't much in the way of dining along the Trace. In fact, there aren't gas stations nearby either. So make sure you've got a full belly and a full tank before heading off.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:19 AM

1 posts, read 3,336 times
Default Natchez Trace Parkway

Yes, the best place to access the Natchez Trace Parkway in Nashville is on highway 100 near the Loveless Cafe. This is the northern terminus of the Trace. You can see a map of the northern terminus/TN Highway 100 at [URL="http://www.natcheztracetravel.com/natchez-trace-tennessee/exits/424-highway-100.html"]Tennessee Highway 100 | NatchezTraceTravel.com[/URL]

The website [URL="http://www.NatchezTraceTravel.com"]Natchez Trace Bed and Breakfast Reservation Service | NatchezTraceTravel.com[/URL] has lots of information, pictures and maps about the Trace, area towns, exits, off-Trace attractions and bed and breakfasts located nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville