Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 03:03 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,280,294 times

Advertisements

I just came back from the Providence Mall in Mt. Juliet.

I saw NYPD Pizza and decided why not go in. I looked at the pizza and said to myself it looks like it, but does it taste like it. I ordered a slice of plain cheese pizza. I said to the woman, "It looks like NY pizza". She said "It is". The owners are from Massachusetts, Long Island, & Connecticut. It's a chain restaurant, but it was identical to what I would have gotten back in NY.

The slice of pizza was big, and if you fold it in 1/2 like NY'ers like to do, some oil would come off. I felt like a kid again. I'm taking my husband there next. It made my move to TN that much better.

Here's their menu:

NYPD Pizza. Voted "Best Pizza" 9 Years in a Row!, "Best of Orlando" by the Orlando Weekly and "1st Place Pizza" by Orlando City Magazine."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 03:06 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
Don't just tell us! Offer us some.

;-)

Old 04-18-2008, 06:34 PM

10 posts, read 45,004 times
YES!!! That is the ONLY pizza around here that is edible IMO. We tried SO MANY pizza places and they are all awful. NYPD Pizza is GREAT but busy. I guess everyone is discovering it.

Also, we had trouble finding wings. Then the WOW Wingery opened in Providence. Its great as well

Old 04-18-2008, 07:35 PM

112 posts, read 436,898 times
Mt. Juliet is too far away for me. I live right next to a Pizza Perfect and although their cheese slices aren't as large as authentic NY slices, they are nice and thin and remind me of NY pizza. It's the best substitute I've found near me.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:23 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,366,553 times
I like NY Police Dept Pizza, but another good one is Joey's House Of Pizza in Brentwood. Owners are from Brooklyn, NY and they didn't even have to tell me that, they just opened their mouth, lol

http://www.joeyshouseofpizza.com/

Diane G

Old 04-19-2008, 06:56 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,280,294 times
Diane, I'm going to try Joey's next. I didn't realize they were only open Mon-Fri when I drove down there last month. I'll have to go during the week and try it out. I may live in TN, but I still need a slice of NY pizza for memory sake.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:14 AM

100 posts, read 352,209 times
Default Mellow Mushroom

Has anyone tried the Mellow Mushroom Pizza? We used to eat at one on vacation in Destin, Florida every year. We always enjoyed it since it was close to the hotel we stayed at and different from what we had back home. I saw they have one in Franklin and Murfreesboro. Is it good here?

Old 04-19-2008, 03:30 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,366,553 times
Mellow Mushroom is also good Pizza. It's a chain. I ate in the Murfreesboro one when I went up to my daughters college. I pass the Franklin one all the time, but I have not yet ate there.

Diane G

Old 04-20-2008, 07:40 AM

187 posts, read 611,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Barb View Post
I just came back from the Providence Mall in Mt. Juliet.

I saw NYPD Pizza and decided why not go in. I looked at the pizza and said to myself it looks like it, but does it taste like it. I ordered a slice of plain cheese pizza. I said to the woman, "It looks like NY pizza". She said "It is". The owners are from Massachusetts, Long Island, & Connecticut. It's a chain restaurant, but it was identical to what I would have gotten back in NY.

The slice of pizza was big, and if you fold it in 1/2 like NY'ers like to do, some oil would come off. I felt like a kid again. I'm taking my husband there next. It made my move to TN that much better.

Here's their menu:

NYPD Pizza. Voted "Best Pizza" 9 Years in a Row!, "Best of Orlando" by the Orlando Weekly and "1st Place Pizza" by Orlando City Magazine."
No NY style pizza in Hendersonville ? Looks like we will be "traveling" a bit to get our fix every so often

Old 04-20-2008, 07:46 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,268 times
{{{{{Sigh}}}}}}} I miss NY style pizza and being able to get a "slice" But hey I had Ring Dings yesterday so I got a fix of some sort.
Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville