Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 02:39 PM

17 posts, read 49,489 times

Advertisements

Some one mentioned gated communities in the Franklin or Brentwood areas.

Can anyone confirm their this?

Do they have homes in the 400k - 500k range?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 03:40 PM

225 posts, read 1,143,891 times
Default Yes there are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida resident View Post
Some one mentioned gated communities in the Franklin or Brentwood areas.

Can anyone confirm their this?

Do they have homes in the 400k - 500k range?

Thanks
There are actually several gated communities in the Franklin/Brentwood area in the 400 - 500K price range. I think this list should be pretty accurate:

Franklin:
Ashton Park
Avalon
Carlisle
Fieldstone Farms (portions)

Brentwood:
Brentwood Chase

(There are more in Brentwood but not in your price range.)

Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by mbmouse; 08-06-2007 at 08:49 PM..

Old 06-29-2007, 04:46 PM

2,106 posts, read 5,787,424 times
Almost funny that people are coming on here 'asking' if they can buy a home for 4-500k.... amazing.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:53 PM

11 posts, read 34,472 times
Yes, I live in Fieldstone Farms in Franklin, and there is a gated community in our neighborhood. It's called The Reserve...it's a beautiful area...very nice houses!

Old 08-01-2007, 11:06 PM

14 posts, read 53,131 times
Hendersonville has a few as well.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:32 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliverbox View Post
Almost funny that people are coming on here 'asking' if they can buy a home for 4-500k.... amazing.
Why is that so Funny? They asked for gated communities in that price range and there are some.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:05 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
Sliver, (who does not even live in TN), enjoys mocking us for his own pleasure. We bring him happiness!!

Old 08-06-2007, 02:29 PM

297 posts, read 1,078,632 times
When I visited Brentwood, I noticed that several of the homes are in communities. This is somewhat different from the majority of homes in the Northeast where I grew up.

I will be relocating to Brentwood at the end of summer, and was wondering what are the advantages and disadvantages of buying a house in a community. For example, I would assume you would get less land in a community, but might have access to a swimming pool. Your advice/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:18 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
Take Chenoweth, for example. You pay your monthly dues and in return you get use of the pool, tennis courts, etc. That community is also very active socially- book club, bunco, walking groups, etc. Liberty Downs, (also off Green Hills, but on the other side of Concord) has no pool, so a very low monthly (just to maintain common areas). Also socially connected, though- neighborhood directory, walking groups, bible study, etc.

I guess it just depends if you want the pool, the clubs, the comradery. Some love it, some don't. You can always talk to someone in the area to get a better idea of what each subdivision offers.

Hope you find the perfect spot!

Old 08-06-2007, 10:19 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP300 View Post
When I visited Brentwood, I noticed that several of the homes are in communities. This is somewhat different from the majority of homes in the Northeast where I grew up.

I will be relocating to Brentwood at the end of summer, and was wondering what are the advantages and disadvantages of buying a house in a community. For example, I would assume you would get less land in a community, but might have access to a swimming pool. Your advice/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
You get less land but you won't have neighbors that park cars on front lawns like I saw on Long Island. Every lawn is neat.
I belong to a Club that is Brentwood/Nashville based and its a National Club. We have many activities and we have Lunch once a month at the Brentwood Country Club. We also Bowl, Golf, Bunko,go to historical tours, Tour the Country Singers homes, Luncheons, a once a month coffee.
I'm on the membership committe. So when You move here you can give the Club Cordinator a call.
This month is Ammesty Month for those who Lived here over a Year
Test New Neighbors - Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville