Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 07:50 AM

21 posts, read 43,982 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I may be moving to Nashville (Brentwood) and was wondering what you could tell me about the area. Any other areas that are suburban with lots of "stuff" and easy to navigate around Brentwood? (The job is in Brentwood)

I've seen what a half a million or more can buy you in Nashville (Brentwood) and W-O-W!!!! Is this a dream? (Are houses typically built with a basement?)

Are there any planned communities (or communities with a pool or golf) that stand out?

I've been to downtown Nashville and fell in love. This was right before the flood. How is the city doing now?

Living in and/or around Brentwood. What would it be like? Is is more suburban or rural? Shopping? Where is the nicest mall in Nashville or Brentwood? Restaurants? Schools?

Since TN is landlocked, where do you all swim?

Thank you so much. Here's keeping my fingers crossed I can make this move!

Last edited by trustfundbaby; 09-16-2010 at 08:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 08:44 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustfundbaby View Post
Hello!

I may be moving to Nashville (Brentwood) and was wondering what you could tell me about the area. Any other areas that are suburban with lots of "stuff" and easy to navigate around Brentwood? (The job is in Brentwood) Besides Brentwood I would look in Franklin

I've seen what a half a million or more can buy you in Nashville (Brentwood) and W-O-W!!!! Is this a dream? (Are houses typically built with a basement?). There aren't a lot of basements in middle Tennessee. Mostly Walkout type basements if the house is built on a hill.
Are there any planned communities (or communities with a pool or golf) that stand out? Westhaven has both a communtiy pool and golf. Other planned communities include McKay's Mill. Lots of subdivisions have community pools.
I've been to downtown Nashville and fell in love. This was right before the flood. How is the city doing now? The city is still rebuilding... You don't really notice anything though if you weren't directly effected

Living in and/or around Brentwood. What would it be like? Is is more suburban or rural? Shopping? Where is the nicest mall in Nashville or Brentwood? Restaurants? Schools? Brentwood is definitely suburban, land of the 1 acre lot. Mall with the most high end stores is probably Green Hills, Cool Springs would be 2nd and I think overall better since there is more variety of stores. There is every chain restaurant known to man in Cool Springs. Nashville and Franklin have some wonderful independent restaurants. Brentwood is part of the Williamson County School Distict.

Since TN is landlocked, where do you all swim? Pools and creeks

Old 09-16-2010, 08:48 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Hello!

I may be moving to Nashville (Brentwood) and was wondering what you could tell me about the area. Any other areas that are suburban with lots of "stuff" and easy to navigate around Brentwood? (The job is in Brentwood)
Franklin and Nolensville are the other closest suburbs to Brentwood. Franklin is busier, more traffic, but with more shopping/activities and houses are a little cheaper. Nolensville has lots of new neighborhoods and lots of small town charm. It does not have much shopping or dining.

I've seen what a half a million or more can buy you in Nashville (Brentwood) and W-O-W!!!! Is this a dream? (Are houses typically built with a basement?)
It depends on the lot. There are more non-basement houses than houses with basements, but you can find either.

Are there any planned communities (or communities with a pool or golf) that stand out?
Governor's Club has golf and pool- but it would be hard to find a house in there for a half million. Most of the newer neighborhoods in Brentwood have a pool. Raintree has lots of amenties, but no golf. The largest, nicest planned community in this area is Westhaven in Franklin. It has golf, pool, clubhouse, full time activities director, etc. But it is in pretty rural area. If it wasn't so far out, we would have considered living there. The commute from Westhaven to Brentwood wouldn't be that bad. My husband works by the airport, so it would have been a very long commute for him.

I've been to downtown Nashville and fell in love. This was right before the flood. How is the city doing now?
Nashville is recovering very well. Most residents have not been affected at all- minus the inconvenience of Opry Mills being closed.

Living in and/or around Brentwood. What would it be like? Is is more suburban or rural? Shopping? Where is the nicest mall in Nashville or Brentwood? Restaurants? Schools?
Brentwood is the most upscale suburb os Nashville. It has very strict zoning, so the neighborhoods are mostly very nice. It is very suburban. The nicest mall is in Nashville- Green Hills Mall and Hill Center. Green Hills Mall caters to the higher end designer brands mixed with some of the regular stores you would expect (Gap, Gymbo, Pottery Barn etc.) The second nicest mall is Cool Springs Mall- which straddles the Brentwood/Franklin line.
Williamson County schools are the best in the state. Both of the Brentwood highschools are on US News and World Report's top 6% of schools in the nation.

Since TN is landlocked, where do you all swim?
Lots of people go to the lakes- there are lakes all around. Many of our friends and their families own lake houses and boats. We go to the beach several times a year. Nashville is about 8 hours from the FL panhandle, Alabama coast, and Hilton Head in SC, so we go to all 3.

We moved to Nashville 11 years ago and love it here! I'll cross my fingers for you!
Good luck!

Old 09-16-2010, 09:58 AM

21 posts, read 43,982 times
Smile Thank you!

Thanks for the replies. Please feel free to add more!

What are some of the town activities that go on? Festivals? Lawn Fetes?

Which school is the favorite? I heard IB mentioned in another thread. I heart IB Programs!

Besides downtown (which I can't get enough of!) where else are places familes and couple like to hang out (over age 35)?

What are some of the major roads that I can find the shopping and restaurants on? I'd like to google map them so I can see the area.

If this comes through, it would be a dream come true!

Thank you once again!

Old 09-16-2010, 10:28 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
A new website for Brentwood:

explore Brentwood Tennessee

Here is a recent thread that answers a lot of your questions:

//www.city-data.com/forum/nashv...brentwood.html

Old 09-16-2010, 12:05 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,052 times
Quote:
Thanks for the replies. Please feel free to add more!

What are some of the town activities that go on? Festivals? Lawn Fetes? Downtown Franklin has a festival about once a month it seems, Carnton Plantation has concerts on the lawn in the summer, there are events in Leiper's Fork regularly too

Which school is the favorite? I heard IB mentioned in another thread. I heart IB Programs! Franklin High has an IB program.

Besides downtown (which I can't get enough of!) where else are places familes and couple like to hang out (over age 35)? Down Franklin has a lot to offer and it is fun to stroll around

What are some of the major roads that I can find the shopping and restaurants on? I'd like to google map them so I can see the area. Cool Springs Blvd/Mallory Lane in Franklin, Franklin Rd in Brentwood

If this comes through, it would be a dream come true!

Thank you once again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville